• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pop!corn

• Lukey

• Noah

• ceremonials

watching the performances rn and the beyonce one is an official video made of at least 3 performances of this song. could you please pick another video? @Satan

unless it's allowed @pop!corn but that would be really hard to judge...

if i have to change i'll switch to this one :dancehall: 

1 hour ago, Pol McCutie said:

watching the performances rn and the beyonce one is an official video made of at least 3 performances of this song. could you please pick another video? @Satan

unless it's allowed @pop!corn but that would be really hard to judge...

You are right, it's just not the same as a normal performance and judging will be harder and it would also affect her grades.

18 minutes ago, Satan said:

if i have to change i'll switch to this one :dancehall: 

Thank you! Fixed the OP :alexz:

• ATRL Moderator

Lady Gaga (Blue Velvet) - Born This Way

WOW! What a way to open the show! From the moment you stepped out of that egg.. vessel thingy you had captured my attention. The emotion and passion in your voice is very believable as well, amazing. And I love how you captured the very essence of Madonna while adapting her own song to make it your own, very clever indeed. I loved the organ part as well, you managed to show off the many talents you have Gaga, well done.

9/10

Barbra Streisand (Mr. Wheatherwox) - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

That voice! I could listen to you Barbra all day. I liked the simplicity of the song you picked today as it really highlighted how beautiful yet powerful your voice is, I'll be keeping my eye on you.

7/10

Lea Michele (28/04/2017) - Cannonball

I'm speechless, I guess that song hit me in the gut like a cannonball :-* 

I can tell you have been through some traumatic experiences recently in your life, and you expressed it well through the tone and lyrics of the song you picked. It filled me with glee. You're very special Lea, I cant wait to see more.

8/10

Cheryl Cole (Queen Conchita) - Promise This

My goodness, you looked like a STAR on that stage, you looked like you're in your natural element while performing. I didn't realise how strong these competitors will be! I found the choreo very interesting as well. I was scared you weren't going to show off those pipes of yours but you managed to redeem yourself in the final few seconds.

7/10

Christina Aguilera (Courtney Love) - Ain't No Other Man

Welp, I don't think I've ever heard a voice as POWERFUL as yours Christina. You really managed to show how masterful you are with your voice while not sounding too overpowering. Plus the song was really really catchy! Very different to what we have seen on the stage. Incredible, truly incredible. THE voice to beat.

10/10

Beyoncé (Satan) - Single Ladies

You really know how to command a stage Beyonce! And you looked so natural having background girls, funny that. While this song didn't really show off your singing abilities, it showed that you truly have the X factor and I cannot wait to see you show off a bit more of your vocal ability, I can tell its there. However I'll give you props for getting this performance together in such short notice as you weren't able to perform your original song, so well done there.

8/10

Kelly Clarkson (sumthintoxic82) - Never Again

You seem to be natural at singing competitions! I loved the tone and ferocity in your voice, it seemed like some a**hole really ticked you off girl. You really sold the song with the emotion in your performance. Great first performance, can't wait to see what else you have to offer.

7/10

Leona Lewis (PoKiTaurus) - I Will Always Love You

Oh my GOD. What a voice. If I heard this on the radio I'd swear it was the original it was THAT good. I honestly don't know how you'll be able to top that Leona but I'll be hoping you do. Bravo.

10/10

Demi Lovato (Noah) - Skyscraper

I really felt this performance, you really gave it your all and I commend you for that. I really enjoyed that you showed off your piano abilities as well, no other performer tonight has done that except for Gaga. 

9/10

Rihanna (Sempiternal) - Love On The Brain

Woah, what a way to close the night. I loved the way you played with the tone of your voice to get the emotion across, it really kept me engaged the entire performance. I can tell already your voice is very adaptable to many sounds and genres, so I'm perched to see what else you give Rihanna. Don't let me down.

9/10

Overall:

This week was very strong overall, I enjoyed every performance. Well done all.

2 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Welp, I don't think I've ever heard a voice as POWERFUL as yours Christina. You really managed to show how masterful you are with your voice while not sounding too overpowering. Plus the song was really really catchy! Very different to what we have seen on the stage. Incredible, truly incredible. THE voice to beat.

10/10

The acclaim for Legend Lotus :alexz: 

Lady Gaga (Blue Velvet) - Born This Way

Perfect song to capture the essence of your act. The intro is definitively a highlight of this performance. She proved that she can sing and dance at the same time and do great in both. Even though she relied on the back-up singers during the choruses, her voice was never lost and she sounded good. The energy was always high however I did not felt that excited or moved by the performance, and that’s something that I hope to see from Gaga at some point of the game.

Barbra Streisand (Mr. Wheatherwox) - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

A performance from 1963, that’s very interesting. There is not much I can say about Barbra’s voice - she is incredible. I was mesmerized by her performance, it was very simple but she put a lot of emotion into it. I would have liked to see her whole body tho. I feel like it would be fair because we could have judged some other aspects like her stage presence and such.

Lea Michele (28/04/2017) – Cannonball

This was a nice performance, but there was nothing special to it. I feel like Lea could have played a lot more with her voice to create more special moments during the performance. She has shown before that she is a great vocalist but in this particular case I was not amazed. She could have moved a bit more to make it more exciting. It was slightly dull.

Cheryl Cole (Queen Conchita) - Promise This

She SLAYED that performance. It was very refreshing, fun… even sexy. I loved it to be honest, she has great stage presence and her dance moves were on point. I feel like this performance showed a great side of your act. The singing, however, did not impress me. The song is not vocally challenging and I also believe that she relied too much on the backing track at some points. I truly enjoyed this but it is a singing competition at the end of the day.

So I’m just gonna say this: good luck finding something better than this in case you get to the finale.

Beyoncé (Satan) - Single Ladies

If this were a dancing competition, it would be a 10. However, it is supposed to be a singing competition. Beyoncé is a great dancer and her energy is incomparable; she is hot and this was very entertaining. Sadly there just wasn’t much singing, almost none at all. Now that we’ve seen that she’s an amazing performer, I hope that we got to see that she is an amazing singer as well.

Kelly Clarkson (sumthintoxic82) - Never Again

Damn. She CAN sing. I love her voice, it is very emotional and it has a lot of feeling. She is definitively an amazing vocalist and she knows when and what to do to create a moment. There’s nothing negative that I can say about the singing. However, her stage presence was very weak. She was just standing there and she even looked bored and uninterested at some point. It was very frustrating because with the right energy this could have been an extraordinary performance.

Leona Lewis (PoKiTaurus) - I Will Always Love You

My only issue with this performance might be that it was too short. If it were longer I would have gotten enough time to really get into it and to feel more excited about it.  Her voice is great!

Demi Lovato (Noah) – Skyscraper

This performance was very emotional and true to the essence of your act. I really liked the fact that we got to see Demi playing the piano; it was a nice touch. Perhaps a more stripped down arrangement would have been more enjoyable, at least for me. She showcased the power of her voice, however it felt a little bit out of control at some point. When it comes to the singing it wasn’t perfect, but it was a nice performance.

Rihanna (Sempiternal) - Love On The Brain

Rihanna might not be the best singer out there, but no one can deny that she is an amazing performer. This was a great choice. She really showcased her unique style and we got to see her essence throughout the whole performance. It was playful, it was sexy and it was very passionate. Even though there were some issues vocally she filled the stage with her presence.

2wm00na.jpg

1. Lady Gaga (Blue Velvet) - Born This Way

Hello Blue Velvet, welcome to singing with stars :flower:

This bitch! The egg entrance, her freaking hot body, the minimalistic stage, the flawless vocals, those moves, the organ, the part when all of them take their clothes off. Iconic, could watch it all day. 10/10

2. Barbra Streisand (Mr. Wheatherwox) - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Hi Mr. Wheatherwox and welcome :gaycat4:

As a lover of great voices I’m really glad you decided to couch Barbra! I can’t believe how great she is, my crops are flourishing, my skin is clear the world’s order is restored, I have 20/20 vision, my grades are up, I'm sleeping soundly at night and I am sh00k. 10/10

3. Lea Michele (28/04/2017) - Cannonball -

Hi Lukey, welcome :flower:

I think your choice of Lea for something that is called Singing With The Stars was very risky and i appreciate it. As for the performance, I think she did quite well. Love her powerful voice even though Cannonball is only an okay song. Also she served some serious hand choreography. I’m not quite sure yet how I feel about her performance overall, I couldn’t really connect to her very much but I’m looking forward to see more of her in the next round. 6.5/10

4. Cheryl Cole (Queen Conchita) - Promise This

Yo, Queen Conchita! :gaycat2:

Long story short - nice performance but awful song. Her vocals sound great, but there’s no emotion on her face or in her voice when she sings and alas that makes the whole performance a little bland. 4.5/10

5. Christina Aguilera (Courtney Love) - Ain't No Other Man

Hiya Courtney Love! :sats:

Christina is a true vocalist and performer. So powerful and charming. Amazing talent, she is the real deal! Loved her band and dancers too. 9/10

6. Beyoncé (Satan) - Single Ladies

Hey satan, welcome! :heart2:

Love the song choice here, because it’s a bop and the energy Beyoncé brought on stage was on another level. Her dance moves combined with her facial expressions and attitude made the whole performance really entertaining. For the next round though, I’d like to see the good sis perform something that will show more of her vocal ability and less of shaking ass to backing track and pre-recorded vocals. 6.5/10

7. Kelly Clarkson (sumthintoxic82) - Never Again

Hi sumthintoxic82, how's it goin'? :gaycat3:

Wow, this performance is so raw and full of emotion. You can really see the anger radiating from her, she is like shaking in rage. Cute. 7.5/10

8. Leona Lewis (PoKiTaurus) - I Will Always Love You

Hi PoKiTaurus, what’s up? :foxaylove3:

Leona's performance of I Will Always Love You is stunning. She even kinda sounds like Whitney. She seems to be a girl next door type, but I can tell she really has something special. She might as well be the dark horse of this competition. 8/10

9. Demi Lovato (Noah) - Skyscraper

Hello Noah, welcome to singing with stars :celestial:

I have to admit that this performance of the good sis Demi was flawless. Great performance, amazing vocals, everything being live. There’s nothing negative to mention except the song is not my fave. Am lowkey shook. 9/10

10. Rihanna (Sempiternal) - Love On The Brain

Hi Marnie, how you doin, welcome! :foxylove:

Eh mah god, this performance! Absolute perfection. She obviously feels that song and the audience was eating it all up as much as I did. Beyond perfection. Liked, subscribed and faved. 10/10

Imma flop if choreography is necessary 

@pop!corn nn Legend X has much better performances than this :gaycat2: This was just to show off ha legendary showmanship :gaycat5:  But if there's a week that includes dancing and singing then I may flop :cm: 

@Pol McCutie I agree. The moment I heard that belt at the start I was shooook af. Then the dancing and the performance came in :jonny:

I had to use this performance :cm:

7 minutes ago, Dr. Luke said:

i praised your contestant's choreography :keir: 

1 minute ago, Pol McCutie said:

i praised your contestant's choreography :keir: 

Yah but if you had a heart you would give Lea a much higher score. Because her "Thank you" at the end is the cutest thing ever.

Ahaha, I know which perfomance I will choose for a dancing week(if we do one) but the choreograpgy will be, um... original... maybe I'll find something else in my archives though, hohoho

Edited by Mr. Weatherwox

• ATRL Moderator

My critiques will be posted in about 2 hours, bear with me :cm:

• ATRL Moderator

Looks like I'm the Paula Abdul of the season, loving everything :lmao: 

• ATRL Moderator
  • Lady Gaga (Blue Velvet) - Born This Way: You nailed it. Not only did you choose a performance that provides the theatrical aspect of Lady Gaga, but also the song that provides the strongest message for equality. Strong start! 10/10
  • Barbra Streisand (Mr. Wheatherwox) - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered: What I love about this performance is that it sells the voice and that's exactly what was required of this particular performer. One still camera shot, a black & white frame & the voice. Absolutely the essence of Babs. 10/10
  • Lea Michele (28/04/2017) - Cannonball: I'm sorry to say this but this entry is weak. Lea has such a strong theatre background, it would've been so much more appropriate to use something from her days in Spring Awakening. This bland pop song doesn't showcase the powerhouse that she is. 4/10
  • Cheryl Cole (Queen Conchita) - Promise This: A decent performance but nothing truly stands out for me. 7/10
  • Christina Aguilera (Courtney Love) - Ain't No Other Man: This is a big misfire. The essence of Christina is that huge voice in that little body. A ballad would've been so much better suited for her. It's the reason she's a star. 5/10
  • Beyoncé (Satan) - Single Ladies: Two words: Sasha FIERCE. 8/10
  • Kelly Clarkson (sumthintoxic82) - Never Again: You had a plethora of songs to choose from and Never Again is the one you go with? I don't understand. In what way does this showcase the essence of Kelly Clarkson? For the first few lines, she's even off tempo! 2/10
  • Leona Lewis (PoKiTaurus) - I Will Always Love You: I wish you went with an original. While it provides great vocals, we lose sight of Leona and instead think of Whitney. 5/10
  • Demi Lovato (Noah) - Skyscraper: Perfect song choice. Not only does it showcase her incredible vocals (that high note is everything) but it encapsulates the message she echoes in her career. 10/10
  • Rihanna (Sempiternal) - Love On The Brain: Yes, this is a great performance. But like I mentioned with Kelly, this doesn't provide us with the performer Rihanna is. I would've liked to see something from her Rated R era or even Diamonds. 6/10

Um..... K.

4 hours ago, Dr. Luke said:

It's not exactly necessary, I guess you just have to choose more energetic performances!

3 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

@pop!corn nn Legend X has much better performances than this :gaycat2: This was just to show off ha legendary showmanship :gaycat5:  But if there's a week that includes dancing and singing then I may flop :cm: 

I guess we'll see then 

1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

Looks like I'm the Paula Abdul of the season, loving everything :lmao: 

It also looks like Simon has arrived

MNzXU5e.thumb.gif.0ef10918231c7eb3985911

• ATRL Moderator
39 minutes ago, Dr. Luke said:

Um..... K.

Don't get mad, just get better :cm:

8 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

Don't get mad, just get better :cm:

I'm not mad tho 

Verge of Obscene

3 minutes ago, Pozeidon said:

Mess. I need to do my critics now. :jonny3: 

Be nice to my entry please as a fellow LM stan #needallthehelpicanget #mightaswellbeg :gaycat2:

Edited by Queen Conchita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.