Any French charts watchers here?

Marco_g2

Big news here in The Netherlands right now is that "I Will Survive" by Hermes House Band is #1 in France this week?

Is it true French chart watchers, or just fake news...

• ATRL Moderator

the original I Will Survive, by Gloria Gaynor, is #12 on the French singles chart this wk. Hermes House Band's is at #55. the French singles chart uses streaming + sales

Hermes House Band's cover is #1 on the digital sales chart, Gloria Gaynor's is #2.

digital sales in France never took off and have been dead in France since basically forever. it's always been physical sales and online pirating. currently the industry (for singles) is streaming > physical > digital.

Edited by Yndda

9 hours ago, Yndda said:

the original I Will Survive, by Gloria Gaynor, is #12 on the French singles chart this wk. Hermes House Band's is at #55. the French singles chart uses streaming + sales

Hermes House Band's cover is #1 on the digital sales chart, Gloria Gaynor's is #2.

digital sales in France never took off and have been dead in France since basically forever. it's always been physical sales and online pirating. currently the industry (for singles) is streaming > physical > digital.

Thanks, i knew it was fishy :toofunny3:

So basically Dutch news is reporting about a #1 on a non-chart...

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Marco_g2 said:

Thanks, i knew it was fishy :toofunny3:

So basically Dutch news is reporting about a #1 on a non-chart...

yeah. the gloria gaynor version was the one doing the most numbers this week. the digital sales chart is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by Yndda

It's because of France's win @ World Cup

It was the official song when France won in 1998, so people took this one for 2018 as well because official songs from this year were a mess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.