UK mid: Ed 590k, occupies the whole top5 singles

Starkboy

7 hours ago, WERKER said:

I was expecting him to do 1.4m UK first day with the amount of hype and iTunes control he has, radio are abusing his songs and everyone licks his ass

ewzRVBv.gif

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackbeatxx

• Starkboy

• C_Colstead

• Yog

Wow, he might actually come for Adele's record :jonny3:

Imagine how inflated his ego will be if he does. He'd be even more unbearable :jonny3:

7 hours ago, WERKER said:

I was expecting him to do 1.4m UK first day with the amount of hype and iTunes control he has, radio are abusing his songs and everyone licks his ass

Hopefully not when/after he sharts on stage.....

4 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Snatch that fat bitch's record, king!

So edgy... You should be ban for that comment alone.

Solid numbers for Ed!

5 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Snatch that fat bitch's record, king!

IL2uZrx.gif

3 hours ago, Ashley Banks said:

Wow, he might actually come for Adele's record :jonny3:

Imagine how inflated his ego will be if he does. He'd be even more unbearable :jonny3:

Right?!? He just might beat her. :jonny: 

Although Adele can clock him with ha US numbers cuz Ed ain't even getting close to a third of 3.4 million. 

8 hours ago, artpop said:

god hes so terrible why do people buy his crap

White (N' Pasty) Privilege

The f***? He's big but damn. :deadbanana:

9 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

This will have on of the best debuts ever in the UK...during the streaming era and you were expecting more?

I was actually considering how people seem to be hyping how his album is going to rip sales records, etc? But removing all the expectations this is a pretty good number? 

21 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Fastest sellings album ever

1    2015    25    Adele    803,000   
2    1997    Be Here Now    Oasis    696,000    
3    2010    Progress    Take That    518,601   
4    2005    X&Y    Coldplay    464,471   
5    2008    The Circus    Take That    432,490  
6    2009    I Dreamed a Dream    Susan Boyle    411,820  
7    2003    Life for Rent    Dido    400,351   
8    2007    Spirit    Leona Lewis    375,872   
9    2005    Intensive Care    Robbie Williams    373,832   
10    2006    Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not    Arctic Monkeys    363,735    

:celestial5:

Coming for a historic top10 placement,  Ed's name will be etched in history now :clap3:

We have to factor in the very real general drop in album sales and switch to streaming. He is breaking streaming records which clearly will take away from actual sales. Overall his album is doing as brilliantly as expected. Strong across all platforms.

Edited by Rentboy

More than some girls' first week sales in the US. King! :jonny: 

I don't know why people are surprised, can only assume they're not from the UK - he is huge here, definitely close to being the male Adele.

I'm so pleased nobody beat her record though, hopefully she'll beat it herself with her next album :smitten:

Nobody, including Adele, is gonna beat her records now. Not with album sales diminishing rapidly. She has set the bar at impossible heights as she is the last of the mammoth sales artists.

Not surprised with all that hype he is building up and getting noticed by rubbing people the wrong way. He already toured stadiums in the UK and was the British male Taylor. Now he is selling out, crossing the borders to become global in a big bang.

Looks like the new way of doing things might be massive spamming, massive attention whoring,... to the point the hate is gone mad. Frontload it to hell.

Edited by katykater

5 minutes ago, katykater said:

Not surprised with all that hype he is building up and getting noticed by rubbing people the wrong way. He already toured stadiums in the UK and was the British male Taylor. Now he is selling out, crossing the borders to become global in a big bang.

Looks like the new way of doing things might be massive spamming, massive attention whoring,... to the point the hate is gone mad. Frontload it to hell.

I noticed this too.

He obviously took notes from Trump.

It doesn't matter if they don't like you as long as you are on their mind, they will check out your material and if they like it, they buy/stream it

2 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

I noticed this too.

He obviously took notes from Trump.

It doesn't matter if they don't like you as long as you are on their mind, they will check out your material and if they like it, they buy/stream it

The Trump method indeed.

Learned from the old days of show business, say something outrageous to get press.

Edited by katykater

430k with streams added now :worship2: Plus he has 9 songs in the top10 :toofunny2:

Adele was at 537k by now if I'm not wrong 

1st day : 313,000

2nd day : 147,000

3rd day : 77,000

4th day : 77,000

5th day : 66,000

6th day : 57,000

7th day : 63,000

not 100% sure about daily #s btw

Thanks for the update! Obviously very frontloaded but still insane and he is still possibly coming for #2 OAT, but i think it's safe to say Adele's record will stay safe, given that he's 100k below what 25 had after the first 3 days!

22 hours ago, katykater said:

The Trump method indeed.

Learned from the old days of show business, say something outrageous to get press.

If Donald Trump was a pop star he would probably break all of Adele's and Mariah Carey's records. What an incredible human being.

I was expecting 1 million from the way he's been hyping himself!

22 hours ago, Rentboy said:

Nobody, including Adele, is gonna beat her records now. Not with album sales diminishing rapidly. She has set the bar at impossible heights as she is the last of the mammoth sales artists.

I see what u did there. :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.