UK: God is a woman #4, In My Feelings #1

Starkboy

SINGLES

drake-vanity-fair-oscars-party-march-2018-rex-1100.jpg?width=796&mode=stretch

They say three's a crowd, but we're sure Drake won't mind making room in his award cabinet for his third Official Singles Chart Number 1 of the year!

In My Feelings follows God's Plan and Nice For What to give Drake a hat-trick of chart-toppers in 2018 – the first time in three years an artist has achieved this in a calendar year. Justin Bieber did it last in 2015 with What Do You Mean, Sorry and Love Yourself.

The song's success has been buoyed by the "In My Feelings Challenge" dance craze, created by Instagram comic Shiggy, which has seen a number of stars – including Drake himself – uploading videos of their own attempts. In My Feelings is Drake's fifth chart-topper in total. See Drake's full chart history

After being deposed by Three Lions last week, Shotgun, by George Ezra, remains at Number 2. Three Lions itself isn't in the Top 40 this week – find out where it ended up.

Drake claims a second Top 5 spots today, too: his duet with the icon Michael Jackson, Don't Matter to Me, is a non-mover at 5.

Highest new entry this week comes from Ariana Grande, with God is a Woman, the third track to be taken from forthcoming fourth album Sweetener, straight in at 4. 

1. In My Feelings (+3) 4th #1

2. Shotgun (-1)

3. Solo (=)

4. God is a woman (NE)

5. Don't Matter To Me (=)

6. Rise (+1)

7. Girls Like You (+1)

8. Youngblood (+3)

9. Jackie Chan (+3)

10. If You're Over Me (-4)

ALBUMS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

Scorpion #1 (3rd week), blocking The Vamps' latest album.

drake-and-the-vamps-1100.jpg?width=796&mode=stretch

Drake has fended off The Vamps to claim a third week at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart.

The Canadian’s sixth studio album Scorpion was released on CD this past week, boosting the album’s profile. Aside from The Greatest Showman’s Motion Picture Cast Recording, Scorpion is the only album to spend more than one week at Number 1 in 2018.

The Vamps’ Night and Day rises 141 places to Number 2 this week due to the release of its new Day Edition, packaged with the original Night Edition that topped the chart last July. Night and Day was however the best-selling album in independent record shops this week.

Very good! I will root for her to take the #1 in the following weeks.

ILI left the top ten :angry: but at least GLY will keep climbing because it's a huge hit on Youtube there.

Scorpion spending 3 weeks #1, when Views only spent 2.

Scorpion doing atleast 25k third week, when Views did 24k.

This 'underperforming era' doesn't seem to be going how ATRL planned.

353394ff839cbf6082394207f669512e.gif

We continue to stan talent i.e. GIAW. Ugh, our minds. :clap3:

God is a Woman is VIRAL. Honestly.

Those "Ariana is right, God is a Woman" memes are off the charts in my social media.

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

Scorpion spending 3 weeks #1, when Views only spent 2.

Scorpion doing atleast 25k third week, when Views did 24k.

This 'underperforming era' doesn't seem to be going how ATRL planned.

353394ff839cbf6082394207f669512e.gif

let us bathe in their salty tears.

55 minutes ago, jomarr said:

God is a Woman is VIRAL. Honestly.

Those "Ariana is right, God is a Woman" memes are off the charts in my social media.

Nothing against Ari but I haven't seen any meme about this to suggest virality. AND It's losing points on iTunes and Spotify, a contrast from actual viral songs which shoot up on such metrics when VIRAL. 

Social media is a bubble. I consider something viral when I hear about it outside my social media circle.

Ariana did that!  :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.