Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

46,353 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, daydreams said:

I gotta start resisting the urge to read Instagram comments. The combination of stupidity and negativity is talking years from my life.

JYKdMlG.gif

is this abt the concerned soccer moms lol

1 hour ago, Maddox said:

The same soccer moms that want Adele to re-release 21 until the end of her career? Could I care less?

JYKdMlG.gif

I'm just nervous she's going to release a bad lead single like all pop girls seem to do at some point. Or she's worried about being bland and predictable so releases some crappy pop song to spice up her image. Everyone gets hubris eventually and ends up surrounded by people who say 'omg that's a great song!' when it's crap.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

I'm just nervous she's going to release a bad lead single like all pop girls seem to do at some point.

Same but I have faith

Or she's worried about being bland and predictable so releases some crappy pop song to spice up her image.

A Send My Love teas  

Everyone gets hubris eventually and ends up surrounded by people who say 'omg that's a great song!' when it's crap.

Or she surrounds herself with people who say ‘omg that’s an ok song that should just go on the deluxe’ when it’s the masterpiece Why Do You Love Me and should be made a single.

29 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

I'm just nervous she's going to release a bad lead single like all pop girls seem to do at some point. Or she's worried about being bland and predictable so releases some crappy pop song to spice up her image. Everyone gets hubris eventually and ends up surrounded by people who say 'omg that's a great song!' when it's crap.

Gurl. You need to calm down... Adele ain’t like no Taylor Swift to release garbage like ME! 💀

On 6/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, daydreams said:

I gotta start resisting the urge to read Instagram comments. The combination of stupidity and negativity is talking years from my life.

JYKdMlG.gif

Just stop it now, sis. They give you nothing but pain. You could say the same about boys too though, 

JYKdMlG.gif

Queen A is back in London because it's the two-year 'anniversary' of the Grenfell Tower disaster today.

Also, Laura's off to see the Spice Girls tomorrow night - I'm sure Queen will tag along seeing as she's a Spice Girls stan.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Maddox said:

Of course :rip: She starts dressing her age and goes out in public regularly for the first time in years and these bitches start acting like she’s stripping, smoking crack, and beating her child :deadbanana2: I have to resist the urge not to reply like Linda sis just admit you feel threatened by her looking hot and happy while you’re still a bigot married to your miserable oaf of a man and GO.

1 hour ago, C_Colstead said:

Queen A is back in London because it's the two-year 'anniversary' of the Grenfell Tower disaster today.

Also, Laura's off to see the Spice Girls tomorrow night - I'm sure Queen will tag along seeing as she's a Spice Girls stan.

The original caption though :bibliahh: 

AL Blue A is the coolest. :fish1:

Does she being less interesting for that demographic mean I will no longer be considered a young soccer mom with no child for being a Daydreamer? :eddie:

Adele has always characterized herself for being way more mature musically. Taylor has released several childish songs throughout her career and Adele hasn't. I hope she comes back with a decent single. :dancehall:

She could flop with "dignity" releasing a formulaic and solo lead single à la Hello, or smash dropping a rap influenced and Stormzy featured song.

JYKdMlG.gif

Posted (edited)

Tbh, adding a rap feature to her next album would be incredibly transparent. If she wanted to do something with rap, it should be as the pop feature on a rap song (Love The Way You Lie-esque), these songs are more respectful to rap as a genre and straight up better sounding than adding one random rent-a-rapper verse to her pop song for the sole purpose of pandering.

With exception of SML (which was embarrassing to an extent), her thing has always be to go quite a bit against the grain, I think it’s how she’s stayed relevant even as trends and potential collaborators come and go. While I think there’s more potential in a more uptempo lead like RITD just because she went too ballad-heavy with 25, the bigger key is that it sounds different enough from what’s on radio to draw attention to the music purely as a creative piece (RITD and Hello both accomplished this) and create trends to be followed (to varying extents, RITD > 1R’s Love Runs Out, SLY > Rihanna’s Stay, RHI > Demi Lovato’s Give Your Heart A Break, Hello > NF’s Let You Down, WWWY > Ed’s Castle on the Hill, SML > ID’s Thunder, WUTB > Kendrick + SZA’s All The Stars, etc. etc.), while still sounding ‘Adele’ enough to draw/renew interest in her specifically.

Yeah a rap feature would smash but also probably feel kinda inauthentic unless it was really well done since it doesn't really fit with the box she has made for herself as an artist. Although as a non-single on the album it might offer some variation to her discography and stop people complaining that the album is the same thing from her.

Her lead will be probably be sad ballady or a RITD type anger about her breakup. 

On the album though it gives the opportunity for 'Adele's thing is played out, she needed a feature to stay relevant!', welp.

I also can't see her making this one her ST when she's so obsessed with the number 5 :deadbanana: I mean as a fellow 5/5 human I can't judge, but maybe it makes more sense that this one's 30, and it's the actual "make-up" record that's kinda more an empowerment/realizing self love is most important moment that puts a bow on her 20s, keeps the public breakup cute for her kid, and is still different enough from its wallowing-in-breakupdom predecessors that it gets acclaim? And then it's a more natural progression into her fifth album ADELE which can either be serious about other aspects of her identity/life she's able to evaluate then or go with the 'this is the REAL me' angle and make it all bangers and things she loves :katie2:

1 hour ago, midnightdawn said:

Yeah a rap feature

Please no...

I agree with @daydreams that this album is going to be called 30. Get ready for it, y'all. It will be a mix of :sadviolin: and a bit of:party: lol

On 6/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, daydreams said:

Of course :rip: She starts dressing her age and goes out in public regularly for the first time in years and these bitches start acting like she’s stripping, smoking crack, and beating her child :deadbanana2: I have to resist the urge not to reply like Linda sis just admit you feel threatened by her looking hot and happy while you’re still a bigot married to your miserable oaf of a man and GO.

omg sis :skull: but yeah it definitely feels like they're projecting... i mean let the girl live ffs

On 6/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, daydreams said:

The original caption though :bibliahh: 

Oh wow! She does look skinnier in that other picture i've seen online

Posted (edited)

I KNEW Queen A wouldn't let us down.

1 hour ago, C_Colstead said:

The sassy vein up her forehead. :jonny:

Aww she looks so happy :heart2: i miss her

1 hour ago, Maddox said:

Okay, we been knew and we're happy for that but now drop the mother****ing album and feed us 'cause we're hungry as ****, @ADELE.

JYKdMlG.gif

1 hour ago, Erotes said:

Okay, we been knew and we're happy for that but now drop the mother****ing album and feed us 'cause we're hungry as ****, @ADELE.

JYKdMlG.gif

She's probably like:

enhanced-18987-1460044104-1.png?downsize

3 hours ago, Maddox said:

Idk how long this Jedidiah friendship is gonna last tbh because it's clear he uses her for self-promotion, but imma get my life from her looking healthy and happy in his Insta stories in the meantime :alexz3:

Adele after reading page 568:

D9JB1CAWwAUpVW9.jpg

Hi guys, Is Adele releasing this year? I feel like it has been years since her last album (just joking :oh:). 

I miss her a lot, she needs to come back as fast as she can because music this year has been horrible and bland. I need Turning Tables 2.0