Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Why did "Whatever U Like" flop?

10 posts in this topic

midnightdawn

It got confused with this

LordMombi
6 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

This, her last name I don't want to know how to pronounce, and that I barely understand anything she's saying (not always necessary but the beat isn't good enough to ignore the lyrics)

arkl

People were not just interested with ha

Theus

It sounds like Kelis' Blindfold Me... or this came out before?

hot mess
On 7/14/2018 at 2:33 AM, LordMombi said:

This, her last name I don't want to know how to pronounce, and that I barely understand anything she's saying (not always necessary but the beat isn't good enough to ignore the lyrics)

her last name isn't even hard to pronounce

the song is a BOP

too bad it FLOPPED

@CHEER_UP @J-esper @Priyanka Chopra @cypriotpcdfan @iamluisfelipe @mikedjordj

J-esper
On 14-7-2018 at 8:25 AM, midnightdawn said:

It got confused with a song that got released a year later....?

Also it has nothing to do with her last name, it's literally 'SureZinger' if you want to pronounce it easily.

Also it flopped because her label and team had no idea how to market her or what to do with her. On one side they wanted her to be edgy and be stand-alone from the PCD era, on the other side they wanted her to be Nicole the leadsinger of PCD gone solo. The way they only targeted this to pop radio in the US, while only releasing it as B-side internationally was a shame, since the video of Whatever U Like was on rotation on some music channels here in The Netherlands, more than Baby Love at one point :rip: Also don't forget that Interscope literally leaked her solo music to torrent sites to see the response and base her single releases on that :toofunny2: It was all a series of unfortunate events.

I still think she would have been better off had she released Physical as debut single featuring a choreo heavy video along with 4 back-up dancers, how bad as it sounds, I feel people would have embraced it easier had they just continued where she left off with PCD, since ironically the most PCD-esque single from Killer Love 'Right There', is sadly also her only US top 40 it on her own

Likingstars

She should have sticked to PCD for at least 1-2 more era before venturing out solo. PCD was a great platform and arguably one of the biggest girl groups ever, if only they could keep the momentum for their 2nd album without her trying to be a solo artist, all the drama and Carmit leaving the group. Doll Domination should have been released somewhere in 2007. 

J-esper
1 minute ago, Likingstars said:

She should have sticked to PCD for at least 1-2 more era before venturing out solo. PCD was a great platform and arguably one of the biggest girl groups ever, if only they could keep the momentum for their 2nd album without her trying to be a solo artist, all the drama and Carmit leaving the group. Doll Domination should have been released somewhere in 2007. 

True and she never should have had the same manager as the group tbh, there is where it all went wrong for her. Their manager really wanted to milk Nicole, since it is easier to milk a solo artist than a group, when it didn't work, they rushed her back to create Doll Domination, while she was suffering from bulimia and other stuff :deadbanana2: 

Erreur2 La Nature

Because the gp never supported Nicole as a solo artist, which is sad. Her solo stuff has always been weak but I'm sure she could have done amazing things with the right people. That song is good I love it.