Jump to content
Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do Italian popgirls stir religious drama?

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

IBeMe

Madonna, Gaga and now Ariana get Christians pressed on the regular. Is it because they are ancestors of Romans who had drama with Jesus Christ? Romans crucified Jesus after a Jewish council dictated that he committed blasphemy :'( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weed

Well Catholicism is Italian...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macabre

You guys love to act like Gaga got in any actual heat for “Alejandro” or “Judas”. Some didn’t like it but “Like a Prayer” it ain’t and “God is a Woman” is similarly not going to draw any kind of ire from the public. Whew, the desperation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perfectillusion
4 minutes ago, macabre said:

You guys love to act like Gaga got in any actual heat for “Alejandro” or “Judas”. Some didn’t like it but “Like a Prayer” it ain’t and “God is a Woman” is similarly not going to draw any kind of ire from the public. Whew, the desperation!

600_gs_gaga_0528.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macabre
Just now, perfectillusion said:

600_gs_gaga_0528.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1

Wasn’t that for her being a gay rights activist to its extreme extent in that era? Where in Jakarta majority of people at the time were massively anti-gay? Not for the two seconds of her deep throating a rosary in the “Alejandro” video? Fnfjfkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perfectillusion
9 minutes ago, macabre said:

Wasn’t that for her being a gay rights activist to its extreme extent in that era? Where in Jakarta majority of people at the time were massively anti-gay? Not for the two seconds of her deep throating a rosary in the “Alejandro” video? Fnfjfkf

Alejandro and Judas both got a fair amount of religious controversy. It was more than people just disliking the songs lol, but anything to discredit her impact I guess Fnfjfkf

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gagas-judas-upsets-religious-179188

 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jun/09/lady-gaga-alejandro

 

http://www.mtv.com/news/1641196/does-lady-gagas-alejandro-video-go-too-far/

 

http://ew.com/article/2011/04/14/lady-gaga-judas-controversy/amp/

 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/lady-gaga-449-1301106

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1377709/Lady-Gagas-new-song-Judas-Catholic-leaders-uproar-shock-tactics.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckythisway
17 minutes ago, macabre said:

You guys love to act like Gaga got in any actual heat for “Alejandro” or “Judas”. Some didn’t like it but “Like a Prayer” it ain’t and “God is a Woman” is similarly not going to draw any kind of ire from the public. Whew, the desperation!

Imagine thinking Gaga didn’t get dragged for releasing a song containing the lyric “I’m in love with Judas” on Easter weekend? You must not have been born. I was 10 years old and I remember the conservative news stations having designated news sections dragging her. And in the long run it severely affected her career trajectory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flynn

I mean, Gaga clearly wanted to get attention from Judas and Alejandro. IDK why we're talking about it as some kind of accomplishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IBeMe
24 minutes ago, macabre said:

You guys love to act like Gaga got in any actual heat for “Alejandro” or “Judas”. Some didn’t like it but “Like a Prayer” it ain’t and “God is a Woman” is similarly not going to draw any kind of ire from the public. Whew, the desperation!

Philipino Christians protested Gaga massively due to religious "blasphemy" in Judas and other stuff. 

 

ladyGaga_AP12051914889.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macabre

Imagine trying to convince me that Judas and Alejandro were controversial by posting links from MTV and Entertainment Weekly.... Chile they will report if she gets 10 likes on a tweet like that’s any kind of barometer of attention. I was there when the song premiered, I don’t recall any major backlash. I do recall it being her real major misfire and damaging her image, but not for religious reasons but because the GP didn’t like the song - seeing how it peaked at #10 😂 and fell off from

there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slayships

People who follow abrahamic religions tend to be less smart than those who dont. Also why was nicki not on this list? Her roman holiday performance was just as controversial as Judas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macabre
9 minutes ago, slayships said:

People who follow abrahamic religions tend to be less smart than those who dont. Also why was nicki not on this list? Her roman holiday performance was just as controversial as Judas. 

Controversial where. People were offended at the lack of taste or discernible talent... not the religious aspects. People were laughing at the video. Rnjfkftngk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perfectillusion
29 minutes ago, macabre said:

Imagine trying to convince me that Judas and Alejandro were controversial by posting links from MTV and Entertainment Weekly.... Chile they will report if she gets 10 likes on a tweet like that’s any kind of barometer of attention. I was there when the song premiered, I don’t recall any major backlash. I do recall it being her real major misfire and damaging her image, but not for religious reasons but because the GP didn’t like the song - seeing how it peaked at #10 😂 and fell off from

there 

I sent you 6 credible articles and I could have sent 10 more lmfao, at this point you’re in denial :celestial5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slayships
2 minutes ago, macabre said:

Controversial where. People were offended at the lack of taste or discernible talent... not the religious aspects. People were laughing at the video. Rnjfkftngk

It raised some very serious conversations amongst the vatican and their treatment of women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wanderlust

 

2 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Imagine thinking Gaga didn’t get dragged for releasing a song containing the lyric “I’m in love with Judas” on Easter weekend? You must not have been born. I was 10 years old and I remember the conservative news stations having designated news sections dragging her. And in the long run it severely affected her career trajectory. 

she only has herself to blame for that. if you want to tackle a subject you need to have something to say. using catholicism as a gimmick in 2012 wasn't "brave". her approach was very teen-angst/ bratz doll fan wants to be emo. that was criticised.

 

it only highlighted the depth madonna brings to the table when she tackles those topics.

 

the links to those rags? gaga was at her peak, of course they talked about it and wanted to ride the wave. that doesn't mean judas is anything other than a gimmick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manwhore

Catholic iconography slays but im atheist so take that with a grain of salt.

44yE.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0