Asian man suing Grindr for racism towards Asians

567 posts in this topic

Dark XXX

Sinakhone Keodara, the founder CEO of the Asian Entertainment Television company, recently made his plans public to sue Grindr on the grounds that the popular hookup app allows it's patrons to promote racial discrimination both on their own profiles and directed towards others.
Keodara took to Twitter to further emphasize these serious issues.

Keodara is now calling for co-plaintiffs, stating “Please spread my call for co-plaintiffs to all your gay Asian men in your life that has been offended, humiliated, degraded and dehumanized by Grindr allowing gay white men to write in their profiles 'No Asians,' 'Not interested in Asians,' or 'I don’t find Asians attractive.'"

https://www.pride.com/dating/2018/7/10/gay-man-suing-grindr-racial-discrimination-against-asians

ArianadelRey

There are some points he has made. It's OK if you don't find X race attractive, but don't make it out loud. 

Tropez

Grindr is owned by a Chinese company. Secondly, this isn’t the fault of Grindr.

And lastly, maybe he should stop lusting over white men so much. That seems to be a common pattern amongst these people. They get angry white men don’t attract them because all they do is run after white guys, but another POC is not attractive to them because they aren’t white. 

yonsé
4 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

There are some points he has made. It's OK if you don't find X race attractive, but don't make it out loud. 

yeah it’s much better to be racist in quiet?

do you think before you speak jw

Blue Jeans

But what can Grindr do? :skull: It's the users, not the company

Caesar
1 minute ago, Tropez said:

And lastly, maybe he should stop lusting over white men so much. That seems to be a common pattern amongst these people. They get angry white men don’t attract them because all they do is run after white guys, but another POC is not attractive to them because they aren’t white. 

this basically

AALIYAH DANA

I mean, I lowkey kinda agree him, but these types who complain about racism on Grindr usually only message White men and ignore other POC like blacks and Latino. So... I find it hard to feel sympathy for him. 

Reinvention

He didn't lie. I'm sick of other white gays telling me they're "not into Asians" and listing all the vapid reasons why, usually tone-deaf stereotypical comments like "they're not masculine enough" or "I'm not into smaller guys" or whatever. Racial preference = racism.

Racism doesn't mean "I hate another race!" it means "I treat or think of another race differently than others".

yonsé
1 minute ago, Tropez said:

Yeah let’s blame the victims of racism for not looking white enough to be considered desirable. 

It hasn’t even been 3 posts and y’all are on your revisionist bullsh*t already. I can’t today.

duybeeGAshantiGA
4 minutes ago, Tropez said:

This post :doc: 

BarbFatale
8 minutes ago, Tropez said:

True. 

That man sounds money hungry.

Hi_im_new

Honestly wish minorities would stop crying over white men not wanting them. There are too many fine Asian men out there along with many other poc to be worrying about some white dude.

yonsé
3 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

They can ban users who use hate speech on their platform? It’s not that hard.

duybeeGAshantiGA

White men always act like they are superior. I am sorry I am Asian and I got a bigger d than the average white man bye. 

And why yall assume that this Asian guy always messages white men tho? :biblio:

Ronnie Redd

I’m probably going to get reported for this, but oh well. Asian men are just as racist. I remember two asians guys complaining about this on Youtube and MOC were in the comments talking about the racism they had faced dealing with asian men. Neither of the two asian men got down in the comments to address the MOC nor did they address the racism in the video. I found that very ironic.

IBeMe
9 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Low key true

I mean I agree with him it's gross that white ppl write that type of ish on their profiles but it;s time ppl get over white lusting. They aint the only race with good looking ppl lol. There are handsome and super sexy guys of every race but gay men are OBSESSED with snatching a white twink or jock. Time to taste the rainbow of different colored men hennies. It tastes amazing :gaycat4: 

edit: @duybeeGAshantiGA plz PM for investigative purposes :gaycat3: 

yonsé

Y’all have this weird preconceived notion that the people who are tired of experiencing racism in the gay community are obsessed with white men, but fail to see that these minorities just want to be treated equally. Instead you victim blame and tell them to get over it...

Y’all stay defending your sexual racism. It says a lot about y’all and it doesn’t even surprise me anymore. 

Weed
8 minutes ago, yonsé said:

yeah it’s much better to be racist in quiet?

do you think before you speak jw

Yes, it is.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

:confused: Grindr can ban words and phrases. They already do. Make this a punishable offense

AALIYAH DANA
Just now, Ronnie Redd said:

I’m probably going to get reported for this, but oh well. Asian men are just as racist. I remember two asians guys complaining about this on Youtube and MOC were in the comments talking about the racism they had faced dealing with asian men. Neither of the two asian men got down in the comments to address the MOC nor did they address the racism in the video. I found that very ironic.

Tbh. Asian men specifically only seek out white men on these apps. Notice how the guy in the article keep complaining about “white men” and not men in general? 

duybeeGAshantiGA
1 minute ago, Ronnie Redd said:

2 Asian guys and you are stereotyping US??? :biblio: 

cuitrex

there should totally be a filter not allowing racist people to spew **** like that.