Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

Why do people hate on Selena...

21 posts in this topic

electrastan

...when everything she puts out is good and genuine? The music is good, the visions are good, the way she approached 13 Reasons Why? Absolutely beautiful. She is so talented, she's proven herself to be a good actor and her vocals are really good, she's a good director and she does so much charity, so what is it that people hate when in reality this queen is good, talented and humble? 

(I really don't like people who think it's cool to hate her just because she was Disney. F*** off)

Theus

Musically? Well she isn't a good vocalist nor is much involved on the making of her own music. People have this logic that if an artist does not write, produce or sings like prime Whitney/Mariah your music is bad. Of course, this logic is inane, because after all you are discrediting the work of other people that are involved on the making of the music - what should count is how the final thing sounds not how many people were involved on the making of a record.

MonsterNavy

thats what happens when you're on top :cm:

Oh My Gaga
1 minute ago, Theus said:

Musically? Well she isn't a good vocalist nor is much involved on the making of her own music. People have this logic that if an artist does not write, produce or sings like prime Whitney/Mariah your music is bad. Of course, this logic is inane, because after all you are discrediting the work of other people that are involved on the making of the music - what should count is how the final thing sounds not how many people were involved on the making of a record.

PrinceJawbreaker

because her music is 100x better than Ariana

Lights and Waves

This is gonna be good.

6JXOCF0.png

LovatoK'

She can't sing or dance. :ace:

I like some of her songs though. :angelo:

potent

Most of those items you put in the OP are subjective opinions (with the exception of her vocals being good which is not really true at all), maybe other people just disagree.

Also I can’t speak for others but I’ll appreciate a Disney artist if they’re talented and make good music. For a lot of Disney artists though I think those arent true.

Beyonnaise

They're just insecure, unhappy people who hate seeing such a beautiful, classy, elegant, kind person succeed.

Phuccery, Inc.

If we're talking musically. It's bitterness. The girl is 100% a **** vocalist but she makes good music and is just as successful as these other girls. She's made it just as far if not more than others who are a lot more vocally talented. That's where the resentment comes from. 

If we're talking socially it's faux outrage. Everyone wanna turn a blind eye to the issues that others don't speak of and the people who they associate themselves with. Selective outrage only to fit a narrative. 

moonlitdick
23 minutes ago, PrinceJawbreaker said:

because her music is 100x better than Ariana

LMFAOOOOO.

OT: I don’t wanna get a WP.

Rotunda

- BLM comments 

- Woody Allen

- Phoning In/Faking Live Performances

- Massive success despite a lack of singing/performing skills 

- Justin Bieber Drama

- 13RW

Talking Fish

She seems nice but doesn't really do anything particulary outstanding... Though love Fetish and Bad Liar. And kind of like Kill Em With Kindness. That Woody Allen thing is messy too.

B'Day

She literally does nothing and her comments regarding BLM were disgusting.

wabayou
On 7/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, Beyonnaise said:

They're just insecure, unhappy people who hate seeing such a beautiful, classy, elegant, kind person succeed.

SelenaGomez<3

well GP loves her...all people that I know say that she is such a great role model etc. they really like her... only people who are unhappy with themself are "hating" :fan: 

HïFidelity

13 reasons why is an excellent show.

But honestly; I don’t know anything about Selena. Musically she is a bit of a non-factor to me. I wouldn’t ever purposely listen to her music.

HelloHeartache

Is that a serious question?

As many people have said before and not only on ATRL, the reasons are:

- WOODY ALLEN

- HILLSONG

- BLM

- and a couple other very stupid things.

She is by far one of the most problematic pop girls out there.

I never thought she would be there, but she wants to join Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry.

Oh and in before the drag. I was a Selenator!