Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

2,103 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

The part above the keyboard gets EXTREMELY hot and the bottom panel of the laptop as well. I understand it gets hot when I play some games, but even when typing in Word heats it up... I don't get it.

Also, the charger heats up in literally 15 seconds when I plug it in. :rip: I'll probably go to the local Apple store or smth, cause this ain't it.

The area above the keyboard makes sense, since that’s where the exhaust is. MacBooks in general need to be redesigned. They’re not made for proper heat dissipation. My MacBook gets warm on the left side, which is where the battery is and sometimes even over the SSD

Hey so I just got the product red iPhone XR. It’s my first Apple product ever and I’ve been an Android stan before this but I was ready to join this walled garden ecosystem :flower: I’m loving my iPhone so much and I can’t wait for iOS 13! 

On 7/4/2019 at 5:45 AM, Heldenzeit said:

I saw the coral Xr for the first time today and omg, it‘s stunning. High key tempted to get one now.  :jonny5:

I wanted to get that but it was sold out nearly everywhere :noparty:

9 minutes ago, Feetree said:

Apparently they’re discontinuing that color way in the next generation, so you may never be able to purchase it again. :sad:

25 minutes ago, Feetree said:

I read you got the red one, that looks incredibly sleek too! :heart2: 

18 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

I read you got the red one, that looks incredibly sleek too! :heart2: 

And for a good cause too :date:

I love my Ipad pro 2017, but I don’t use it much, because it’s basically a larger iphone that I already have :katie:

Getting the new iPhone Max this year, so it will be like a mini iPad

On 7/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, Blue Jeans said:

I love my Ipad pro 2017, but I don’t use it much, because it’s basically a larger iphone that I already have :katie:

Getting the new iPhone Max this year, so it will be like a mini iPad

It’ll be much more capable this fall when it gets iPadOS. 

Got my 2018 iPad Pro + 2nd Gen pencil last month, love it. :smitten:

Getting a XR in red next month when my current phone contract ends. :duca:

I've finally upgraded to iPhone XS and it's so good. I can't wait for the iOS 13 and the dark mode

2 hours ago, CakeLikeRihanna said:

I've finally upgraded to iPhone XS and it's so good. I can't wait for the iOS 13 and the dark mode

Congrats! What did you upgrade from?

On 7/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, Feetree said:

Hey so I just got the product red iPhone XR. It’s my first Apple product ever and I’ve been an Android stan before this but I was ready to join this walled garden ecosystem :flower: I’m loving my iPhone so much and I can’t wait for iOS 13! 

Omg, sis I'm so proud of you! :clap3: 

Now you gotta get a Mac and live in the macOS ecosystem. :eli: 

7 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Congrats! What did you upgrade from?

Thanks! I upgraded from iPhone 6S which I had for almost 3 years :rip: it was still holding on really well so I waited a little longer to get the new one

1 hour ago, CakeLikeRihanna said:

Thanks! I upgraded from iPhone 6S which I had for almost 3 years :rip: it was still holding on really well so I waited a little longer to get the new one

3 years isn’t too bad. Especially since the 6s does have the powerful A9. I’ll probably hold onto my iPhone X for a number of years. Depends on how the “iPhone XI” series looks and all that. Really though, if I just replaced the battery when the time came I could probably use it upwards of 5 years. I’d def replace it when it no longer got iOS updates so it could be 5 years but like the 6 line, it could also be 4. 

My iPhone XR randomly freezes and I can't do anything for a minute or two. Should I take it to the authorized shop for them to look into it or is there no point in doing anything?

1 hour ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

3 years isn’t too bad. Especially since the 6s does have the powerful A9. I’ll probably hold onto my iPhone X for a number of years. Depends on how the “iPhone XI” series looks and all that. Really though, if I just replaced the battery when the time came I could probably use it upwards of 5 years. I’d def replace it when it no longer got iOS updates so it could be 5 years but like the 6 line, it could also be 4. 

Yeah I think the X series will all hold up well for many years, when people upgrade from their old iPhone most of the time it's only because they want a new one, not because their old iPhone became unusable. The only problem with my 6s was the low battery capacity (it was at 70% when I decided to upgrade and I had to charge it like twice a day) but other than that it was still holding up great. The same case will for sure be with the X series, I think the best solution is to just change the battery when the capacity lowers too much and it will run like a new phone. iPhone XI will probably just have a triple camera and be a little faster so I don't see the point in upgrading from X or XS to it because there really is no big difference

7 hours ago, Hurem said:

My iPhone XR randomly freezes and I can't do anything for a minute or two. Should I take it to the authorized shop for them to look into it or is there no point in doing anything?

The first step should be to do a restore through either iTunes or iCloud. Make sure your iPhone is backed up, you can start either method manually. It’ll wipe the entire device and download the full image of the newest iOS version. It’ll take roughly 30 minutes, longer if your internet is slow (like under 50mbps) but if it’s a software issue, this is the easiest way to fix it. If the problem persists, you’ve got some weird hardware problem. 

I remember posting in here about getting an iPhone, but that was like a while ago I think. Now I’m finally gonna buy one. I’m thinking about getting the 7+ or 8+. And this will be my first phone, so any tips?

I recently bough a MacBook pro but without the touch bar

5 minutes ago, bookreader said:

I remember posting in here about getting an iPhone, but that was like a while ago I think. Now I’m finally gonna buy one. I’m thinking about getting the 7+ or 8+. And this will be my first phone, so any tips?

your first phone?? 

14 minutes ago, bookreader said:

Just get the XR, sis. 

Posted (edited)

The X will hold up as long as they're still keeping the notch, kinda like how people held on to their 6/6s. Once the notch is gone and the all screen concept is fully realized, you bet your ass people will move to the next one real quick. That will surely spark an interest for sure.

edit

iP6 and iPX  sales are SHOOK

27 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

your first phone?? 

Yeah I know, surprising? And I’m 18. 

19 minutes ago, Legendairy said:

Just get the XR, sis. 

Eh I think I’m good with the 7 or 8.

XR is such bad value for your money. Buy a refurbished iPhone X or used one. 

should i get a 7 plus on my birthday in 4 months then get a Xs late next year (around November) or just wait for Xs next year (around June)? I'm currently using a 6s