1,907 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

So back in 2016 I got a refurbished macbook pro for a pretty good price...

fast forward to today 2019, my mac book pro is acting like a crack head ever since my brother spilled water on it. I took it to a private shop to get fixed tho.

I lowkey needed more power and space it, so I'm not that mad... Anyways, I'm going back to school in the fall so I was wondering does anyone have any recommendations on which MacBook Pro I should get. Is the touch bar even worth it?

mHiWOpm.jpg

The keyboard on all the new models suck. The Touch Bar is also not worth it. Just get the one with the best RAM and storage. 

7 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

The keyboard on all the new models suck. The Touch Bar is also not worth it. Just get the one with the best RAM and storage. 

I heard about the keyboard thing :dancehall: Is it really that bad?

42 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Idk. A lot of people complained. That’s why I stuck with my 2015 13-inch MBP. 

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

i've been using my mbp for a year and i haven't had any problems. but again it's just a year

i think as long as you keep it clean (get rid of the debris) it should be ok

On 4/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, Adonis said:

Use what works for you. 

I did the same thing for two years and my Windows box kept having hardware issues. In that time zero mac issues so.. i just stuck w it.

My HP laptop just died so I guess I'm stuck using the Macbook. That's what I get for bad mouthing apple.

6 hours ago, Caesar said:

So back in 2016 I got a refurbished macbook pro for a pretty good price...

fast forward to today 2019, my mac book pro is acting like a crack head ever since my brother spilled water on it. I took it to a private shop to get fixed tho.

I lowkey needed more power and space it, so I'm not that mad... Anyways, I'm going back to school in the fall so I was wondering does anyone have any recommendations on which MacBook Pro I should get. Is the touch bar even worth it?

mHiWOpm.jpg

The very newest models of MacBook are supposed to have the best version of the butterfly keyboard. That still doesn’t make it a sure thing. There’s been complaints but also many people love it. It’s quiet and either too hard or very easy to type on. I’d suggest trying one out if possible. 

And shoot your brother. I don’t let liquids on the same side of the room as my MacBook. If I want a drink I get up and walk across the room

6 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Use a screen protector. A plastic one if you don’t want a bulky glass one. I tried to not use one on my X, but it got a big ass scratch from being in my pocket after like 2 months. As soon as I upgraded to the XS Max (space gray, 256 GB) I put an anti-glare plastic one on the screen. 

yeah… i noticed today there's actually a suuuper small hairline crack on the bottom left that is impossible to see when the screen is on but i'm pissT :skull: now idk if i should even bother… screen replacement is only $29 but i aint using up one of my two accidental damage claims on something so miniscule. meanwhile, a full device replacement is $99 and the case + screen protector i'd get is ~$50 total. might just bite the bullet and ride it out, those were all special incidents of dumbassery to learn from and i haven't dropped it since :michael: IDK i have a lot to consider lmao. might order a case and go from there since i'll want one for concerts etc anyway. but since i have the IUP i'll be upgrading in 12 months so two warranty claims should be ample. 

6 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

6 hours ago, Caesar said:

5 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Idk. A lot of people complained. That’s why I stuck with my 2015 13-inch MBP. 

5 hours ago, Quaithe said:

i've been using my mbp for a year and i haven't had any problems. but again it's just a year

i think as long as you keep it clean (get rid of the debris) it should be ok

11 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

The very newest models of MacBook are supposed to have the best version of the butterfly keyboard. That still doesn’t make it a sure thing. There’s been complaints but also many people love it. It’s quiet and either too hard or very easy to type on. I’d suggest trying one out if possible. 

And shoot your brother. I don’t let liquids on the same side of the room as my MacBook. If I want a drink I get up and walk across the room

i've had the 2018 15" w/ touch bar since last fall and i love it. the keyboard is honestly amazing, once you adjust it's so effortless. just don't be an annoying ass who literally stomps it with their fingers because it can get loud and clicky and i can tell in class when someone clearly doesn't know how to use it/doesn't care :rip: it's irritating, i'm pretty much silent with it. 

re touch bar, idk she's cute, i can't say i use many of the special features but i like being able to customize it. i added the do not disturb button to the right edge for when i'm working and touchid is super convenient for passwords and apple pay. i certainly wouldn't want the regular function keys back… brightness/volume sliders are seamless. 

So I’m going to study Applied Computing in September and need an upgrade for my 2013 MacBook Air. But I don’t know whether I should go with the 13 inch MBP and pay for 16GB of RAM or go with the 15 inch 

2 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

So I’m going to study Applied Computing in September and need an upgrade for my 2013 MacBook Air. But I don’t know whether I should go with the 13 inch MBP and pay for 16GB of RAM or go with the 15 inch 

Is go with the 15 inch if you can spare the dough. Your mac should last you at least 3 years.

got airpods today :duca:

WaiT, they added the Apple TV app on some Samsung TVs

yJVUJr9.gif

I can't download the app yet since Samsung servers suck

Got the 13inch touch bar MacBook Pro the other day and I really like it so far. Only got the small one because I already have a new desktop computer and a fairly new windows laptop already. Literally just got it for the sake of getting it and for garageband. 

Not another beta

Just drop iOS13 already

mbWIpuR.gif

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Not another beta

Just drop iOS13 already

mbWIpuR.gif

Hyped for ios 13 omg

Mostly hyped to see if there will be any changes to apple music, aka a proper follow/notification setting

What do you guys would like to see on iOS13?

1 minute ago, OBEY said:

What do you guys would like to see on iOS13?

I'd be here for a new home screen, dynamic/more live wallpapers, free apple music with a premium option like spotify, homekit improvements, health + activity + weather app on the ipad, a better widget panel and of course the long awaited AUTOMATIC dark-mode are some features of the top of my head, wbu?

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

I'd be here for a new home screen, dynamic/more live wallpapers, free apple music with a premium option like spotify, homekit improvements, health + activity + weather app on the ipad, a better widget panel and of course the long awaited AUTOMATIC dark-mode are some features of the top of my head, wbu?

Hell no to that one.

I like Apple Music's premium service and in my experience, AM has a much bigger catalogue I'm guessing due to the fact it is premium. AM also pays artists fairly well.

8 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Hell no to that one.

I like Apple Music's premium service and in my experience, AM has a much bigger catalogue I'm guessing due to the fact it is premium. AM also pays artists fairly well.

Am I supposed to care about fair pay cause I don't + we all know AM has 10 million more songs than spotify and It's not because of it being premium it's because it's owned by one of the biggest companies in the world, the "premium service" ruins the eco system since Siri can't play anything on other streaming services and it's not like the company needs more money than it already have for it to not have a free option (besides the useless 3 months trial)

6 hours ago, OBEY said:

Hyped for ios 13 omg

Mostly hyped to see if there will be any changes to apple music, aka a proper follow/notification setting

Apple Music needs a complete redesign. It's ugly and still glitches on me. I'll never forgive them for abandoning the gorgeous iOS 9 design.

Did anyone see the rumor that Apple is going to get rid of the charing port altogether on iPhone and use MagSafe instead? I'd love it if Apple went that route. Forget USB-C.

3 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Did anyone see the rumor that Apple is going to get rid of the charing port altogether on iPhone and use MagSafe instead? I'd love it if Apple went that route. Forget USB-C.

**** USB-C if your charging brick only supports regular USB. :psyduck:

6 hours ago, geddymonster said:

They should bring MagSafe back to MacBook. I would love an iPhone without a data port. Just getting rid of data access would be a great thing. But it would also hinder diagnostics. The Apple Watch has that problem, since there’s no port it’s got to go away for repairs. 

5 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

They should bring MagSafe back to MacBook. I would love an iPhone without a data port. Just getting rid of data access would be a great thing. But it would also hinder diagnostics. The Apple Watch has that problem, since there’s no port it’s got to go away for repairs. 

It’d be nice if they could figure out a way to incorporate data transfer into MagSafe.

apple_macbookpro-8-core_video-editing_05

Apple updated MacBook Pro with faster 8th- and 9th-generation Intel Core processors, bringing eight cores to MacBook Pro for the first time. MacBook Pro now delivers two times faster performance than a quad-core MacBook Pro and 40 percent more performance than a 6-core MacBook Pro, making it the fastest Mac notebook ever.1 These new processors, combined with powerful graphics, the brilliant and colorful Retina display, super-fast SSDs, the Apple T2 Security Chip, all-day battery life and macOS, make MacBook Pro the world’s best pro notebook.

tenor.gif?itemid=8059269