Radio callouts: Doja smashing

Starkboy

she can never win!! what the f*ck??? :biblio:

and wtf is up with ITWWE?? it's the only song in the top 5 that hasn't hit #1 yet and still, doing really bad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Potential (10/09)

1 (NE) Be Like That 85

2 (-1) Come & Go 84 (▼1)

(+1) Before You Go 82 (▲1)

(-2) Blinding Lights 82

5. I Hope 81 (▲1)

6. Watermelon Sugar 80 

7. If the World Was Ending 80 (▲1)

8 (NE) cardigan 78

9 (+1) Rockstar 78 (▲1)

10 (-2) Break My Heart 77 (▼1)

11 (+1) ily (i love you baby) 76

12 (-1) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 75 (▼1)

13. Breaking Me 69 (▼1)

Pop Score (10/09)

1. Blinding Lights 80 (▼1)

2. Before You Go 79 (▲1)

3. Watermelon Sugar 76

(+2) If the World Was Ending 76 (▲2)

5. Break My Heart 74 (▼1)

(+1) Rockstar 74 (▲1)

(+3) ily (i love you baby) 71 (▲1)

8. Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 70 (▼1)

(NE) Be Like That 70

10 (+1) I Hope 69 (▲2)

11 (+1) Come & Go 62

12 (NE) cardigan 58

13. Breaking Me 49

Net Positive (10/09)

1 (NE) Be Like That 45.2

2 (-1) Come & Go 42.5 (+0.7)

(+2) Before You Go 37.6 (+1.0)

4 (-1) Blinding Lights 37.1 (-1.3)

(-1) I Hope 37.0 (-0.2)

(+1) Watermelon Sugar 33.9 (+0.4)

(NE) cardigan 33.0

(-2) Break My Heart 32.6 (-1.8)

(+1) If the World Was Ending 31.0 (+0.9)

10 (-2) ily (i love you baby) 30.2 (-1.5)

11. Rockstar 29.6 (=)

12. Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 25.3 (-2.6)

13. Breaking Me 23.0 (-1.9)

Most positive reaction: Be Like That

Favorite song: If the World Was Ending

Most negative reaction: Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat)

Heaviest Burnout: Blinding Lights

Most familiarity: Blinding Lights

So can you explain to me how bad the callouts for Cardigan are? Like are they really bad? What impact would this have on its pop radio performance? 

1 hour ago, Juanny said:

The callouts are not bad. The Pop Score is low because of low familiarity. Ignoring familarity, which obviously grows with time being spun on radio, it is scoring in the mid-range similarly to Watermelon Sugar.

Net Positive is #7/13 on the panel, and Potential Score is #7/13 on the panel. That can change as people hear the song more--cardigan seems to be a bit of a grower. 

Overall it seems like people like the song but I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for this to resurge on radio. The callouts aren't bad per se but they also aren't stellar. 

Have you heard other songs from Folklore? Do you think any of them has a shot at pop radio success?

Has any Taylor song ever had good pop radio callouts? I feel like since I began following her chart performance in 2017 her songs have always had done poorly at CHR. Tell me one Taylor song with good callouts so I can check those call outs and comfort myself.

32 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Has any Taylor song ever had good pop radio callouts? I feel like since I began following her chart performance in 2017 her songs have always had done poorly at CHR. Tell me one Taylor song with good callouts so I can check those call outs and comfort myself.

Delicate did. Before that I know some of the 1989 singles did

8 minutes ago, Juanny said:

Taylor has struggled with callouts since the end of 1989, although Delicate was one notable exception. It had the best callout scores on the HAC/AC panel, and performed similarly to cardigan on the Pop callouts. It charted at #1 on all 3 formats, and at #1 on overall radio. 

It's also worth mentioning that the 1989 singles have some of the best callout scores in the history of the Pop format. Blank Space had a Pop Score of 96 which is pretty crazy, Style had 93, and Shake It Off had about 90. 

The 1 probably has the best chance to make a minor impact on Pop/HAC. I've seen some arguments for exile, but it is too slow, especially at the beginning, and conceptually layered to work at Pop radio. The appeal of folklore is not Pop radio success, since none of the songs even remotely fit into the format, and it has been made clear since we heard the album for the first time that it was not made for that audience.

The good thing about this stage of Taylor's career is that she nor her fans needn't be concerned about radio success. She is creating content that eclipses the need to pander to the general pop audience, and it is making more money for her and her label, and creating a greater buzz and impact, than any of the trend-hopping tracks we've seen top these radio charts. She doesn't need pop radio, and vice-versa. 

Wow at Blank Space's score. If I remember correctly, I Knew You Were Trouble had fantastic callouts too. Hopefully The 1 is coming to salvage things. It has been announced as a single today.

50 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Delicate did. Before that I know some of the 1989 singles did

As far as pop singles go the callouts for IKYWT, first 5 singles of 1989 and Delicate were stellar. 

9 hours ago, FAN said:

Why are we not talking about Be Like That smashing callouts omg :eek:

It's a perfect song so I am not surprised at it doing well, although I am surprised it took so long for people to get into it.

15 hours ago, Green said:

And Savage Love is the current #1 on Pop Radio  :skull: 

I don't get this forum's fixarion on callout scores. They used to have impact some time ago but for the last 2/3 years they are pretty much irrelevant :dies:

Radio stations pay more attention with what's popular on Spotify, etc

Derulo is relying on payola. Once checks stop cashing in, radio will drop him like a rock.

Cardigan is not a good song, so I'm not surprised the GP said no to it. "The 1" sounds like a potential radio smash.

Edited by OnlyManInTheWorld

2 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Derulo is relying on payola. Once checks stop cashing in, radio will drop him like a rock.

His next single is already ready to go, I think they will just transfer the payola to this one.

(but he also confirmed he has another song ready to be released in november)

5 hours ago, Chemist said:

Radio stations pay more attention with what's popular on Spotify, etc

You sure? Because I don't see "ily (i love you baby)" especially slaying there, in fact, I don't see it inside Top 200. Not saying radio hasn't paid attention to callouts as previous years, tho.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

So can you explain to me how bad the callouts for Cardigan are? Like are they really bad? What impact would this have on its pop radio performance? 

They're not bad, actually better than I'd imagine, but they're a little weak (although in the current Pop Radio state, it's okay-ish), but since the song doesn't fit well on Pop Radio playlists, it's not enough to keep going, so it has just peaked at this point. She should be promoting a new single at this point.

2 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

His next single is already ready to go, I think they will just transfer the payola to this one.

(but he also confirmed he has another song ready to be released in november)

This sounds straight out of 2010 :rip: No way are they going with this

On 10/10/2020 at 7:51 PM, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Cardigan is not a good song, so I'm not surprised the GP said no to it. "The 1" sounds like a potential radio smash.

Strange taste, "cardigan" is one of the best songs in 2020, it has beautiful lyrics that tells excellent story about a relationship and soft piano backgrond, it's just not a song written for pop radio just like the title track of "Lover" (nominated for Grammys Song of the Year with okay performance on BB Hot 100)

Potential (10/16)

1 (NE) Mood 85

2. Come & Go 85 (▲1)

3 (-2) Be Like That 85

(-1) Before You Go 82

(+1) Watermelon Sugar 82 (▲2)

(-1) I Hope 82 (▲1)

(-3) Blinding Lights 81 (▼1)

(-1) If the World Was Ending 80

(NE) Bang! 80

10 (-1) Rockstar 78

11 (-3) cardigan 78

12 (-2) Break My Heart 77

13 (-2) ily (i love you baby) 76

14 (-2) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 74 (▼1)

Pop Score (10/16)

1. Blinding Lights 80 

2. Before You Go 80 (▲1)

3. Watermelon Sugar 78 (▲2)

4. If the World Was Ending 76

5. Break My Heart 75 (▲1)

6. Rockstar 74

(NE) Mood 72

(-1) ily (i love you baby) 72 (▲1)

(+1) I Hope 72 (▲3)

10 (-2) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 70

11 (-2) Be Like That 69 (▼1)

12 (-1) Come & Go 63 (▲1)

13 (NE) Bang! 61

14 (-2) cardigan 59 (▲1)

Net Positive (10/16)

1. Be Like That 45.4 (+0.2)

2. Come & Go 44.9 (+2.4)

(NE) Mood 43.4

(NE) Bang! 40.0

5. I Hope 37.7 (+0.7)

(-3) Before You Go 36.6 (-1.0)

(-3) Blinding Lights 36.4 (-0.7)

(-2) Watermelon Sugar 36.2 (+2.3)

(-2) cardigan 35.2 (+2.2)

10 (-2) Break My Heart 32.9 (+0.3)

11 (-2) If the World Was Ending 31.9 (+0.9)

12 (-1) Rockstar 29.8 (+0.2)

13 (-3) ily (i love you baby) 29.7 (-0.5)

14 (-2) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 23.7 (-1.6)

Most positive reaction: Be Like That

Favorite song: If the World Was Ending

Most negative reaction: Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat)

Heaviest Burnout: Blinding Lights

Most familiarity: Blinding Lights

Edited by Ger-55

2 hours ago, FAN said:

Bang! but no Kings & Queens? 

Yeah, literally no sense, although "Bang!" has been charting inside Top 50 for like half a year. :rip:But the system seems very outdated this year, such a mess.

I Hope :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.