• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

My Oh My hoping can enter to the top 3

How is YSBS not receiving great updates on radio when the callouts are this good :huh:

Potential (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 89 

2. Adore You 87 (▼2)

3. My Oh My 86 (▼1) 

4. (+3) everything i wanted 86 (▲1) 

5. (-1) Hot Girl Bummer 85 (▼1) 

6. (+2) You should be sad 85 

7. (-1) Circles 85 

8. (-3) Blinding Lights 85 (▼1) 

9. (NE) Say So 84

10. (NE) Intentions 83

11. (+2) Falling 83 (▲4)

12. (-3) The Bones 82 (▼2) 

13. (-2) Heartless 80 

14. (-2) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 79 (▼1)

15. (NE) Rare 78

16. The Box 78 (▲1)

17. (-2) Roxanne 78 (▼1)

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 70

Pop Score (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 86 (▲1) 

2. Circles 83 

3. Hot Girl Bummer 82

4. My Oh My 81

5. Adore You 79

6. Heartless 77

7. (+1) everything i wanted 77 (▲1) 

8. (+1) Roxanne 75 (▼1)

9. (+2) Blinding Lights 74 (▲2)

10. (NE) Say So 72

11. (-1) The Bones 70 (▼3) 

12. (NE) Intentions 69

13. (+3) Falling 68 (▲6)

14. (-2) The Box 68 (▲2)

15. (-2) You should be sad 66 (▲2)

16. (-2) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 65 (▲1)

17. (NE) Rare 63

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 48

Net Positive (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 52.0 (+0.2)

2. Adore You 49.2 (-2.3)

3. You should be sad 46.8 (+0.4)

4. (+6) Falling 44.6 (+3.7)

5. (-1) My Oh My 44.2 (-2.2)

6. (NE) Say So 44.2

7. (-2) Hot Girl Bummer 43.9 (-1.6)

8. (-2) Blinding Lights 43.7 (-1.4)

9. (-2) Circles 42.8 (-1.7)

10. (NE) Intentions 41.8

11. (-3) The Bones 41.5 (-2.1)

12. (-3) everything i wanted 41.5 (+0.2)

13. (NE) Rare 39.8

14. (-3) Heartless 39.6 (+0.2)

15. (-3) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 38.3 (-0.6)

16. (-1) Roxanne 30.8 (-1.0)

17. (-1) The Box 29.5 (+1.7)

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 25.9

Most positive reaction: Don't Start Now

Favorite song: everything i wanted

Most negative reaction: Roxanne

Heaviest Burnout: Circles

Most familiarity: Circles

DSN is solidifying that top spot, she really is the one getting excellent callouts right now. Could top the Pop chart for at least 2-3 more weeks.

BL doesn't seem as a huge Pop contender, although with all the demand it has, it's going to top it, anyways, not sure about its longevity tho.

Looks like #2 is going to be hgb's peak, GP is getting tired of the song, and for sure they will, the song has been on radio for months.

"Circles" callouts are incredible, the heaviest burnout, yet 85 with a Pontetial score, that's exceptional! Definetely it's going to break the record for most weeks inside Top 10.

Awful debut for KYW, didn't think people's response was that bad, but the song is so forgettable. "Rare" with a weak debut explains her low peak, and why it's already free falling.

Bieber has a hit on his hands, "Yummy" was a fluke, but "Intentions" is definetely going to be a solid hit, very good song. It has potential.

"Say So" with great callouts, expecting more huge gains, then, the song is fire on radio right now.

The biggest surprise of the week is definetely the massive gains of Trevor's "Falling", wow, hadn't seen such a great recovery on callouts in a long time, it's definetely continue rising on Pop, we'll see what happens next week, but it completely changes its future compared to previous weeks. 

19 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Potential (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 89 

2. Adore You 87 (▼2)

3. My Oh My 86 (▼1) 

4. (+3) everything i wanted 86 (▲1) 

5. (-1) Hot Girl Bummer 85 (▼1) 

6. (+2) You should be sad 85 

7. (-1) Circles 85 

8. (-3) Blinding Lights 85 (▼1) 

9. (NE) Say So 84

10. (NE) Intentions 83

11. (+2) Falling 83 (▲4)

12. (-3) The Bones 82 (▼2) 

13. (-2) Heartless 80 

14. (-2) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 79 (▼1)

15. (NE) Rare 78

16. The Box 78 (▲1)

17. (-2) Roxanne 78 (▼1)

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 70

Pop Score (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 86 (▲1) 

2. Circles 83 

3. Hot Girl Bummer 82

4. My Oh My 81

5. Adore You 79

6. Heartless 77

7. (+1) everything i wanted 77 (▲1) 

8. (+1) Roxanne 75 (▼1)

9. (+2) Blinding Lights 74 (▲2)

10. (NE) Say So 72

11. (-1) The Bones 70 (▼3) 

12. (NE) Intentions 69

13. (+3) Falling 68 (▲6)

14. (-2) The Box 68 (▲2)

15. (-2) You should be sad 66 (▲2)

16. (-2) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 65 (▲1)

17. (NE) Rare 63

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 48

Net Positive (03/27)

1. Don't Start Now 52.0 (+0.2)

2. Adore You 49.2 (-2.3)

3. You should be sad 46.8 (+0.4)

4. (+6) Falling 44.6 (+3.7)

5. (-1) My Oh My 44.2 (-2.2)

6. (NE) Say So 44.2

7. (-2) Hot Girl Bummer 43.9 (-1.6)

8. (-2) Blinding Lights 43.7 (-1.4)

9. (-2) Circles 42.8 (-1.7)

10. (NE) Intentions 41.8

11. (-3) The Bones 41.5 (-2.1)

12. (-3) everything i wanted 41.5 (+0.2)

13. (NE) Rare 39.8

14. (-3) Heartless 39.6 (+0.2)

15. (-3) RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 38.3 (-0.6)

16. (-1) Roxanne 30.8 (-1.0)

17. (-1) The Box 29.5 (+1.7)

18. (NE) Know Your Worth 25.9

I'm sorry but when can we see Stupid Love? I dont understand how this works really well

3 hours ago, Mirkomonster said:

I'm sorry but when can we see Stupid Love? I dont understand how this works really well

It takes time, I believe we could see it next week or in two weeks, don't have a precise answer to that, I just know radio is so slow. Basically a song needs to be at least 60% familiar in order to qualify.

Camila winning :jonny5:

@Ger-55, apologies in advance as I'm sure you've explained this several times in the past, but could you please explain (or link where you explained in the past) the difference between Potential, Pop Score, Net Positive, etc? Also if you have time, how radio reads/factors each of them (as in, which contributes more to a song's peak versus longevity, and so on)?

3 hours ago, Pop Art said:

@Ger-55, apologies in advance as I'm sure you've explained this several times in the past, but could you please explain (or link where you explained in the past) the difference between Potential, Pop Score, Net Positive, etc? Also if you have time, how radio reads/factors each of them (as in, which contributes more to a song's peak versus longevity, and so 

omg please @Ger-55

8 hours ago, Pop Art said:

@Ger-55, apologies in advance as I'm sure you've explained this several times in the past, but could you please explain (or link where you explained in the past) the difference between Potential, Pop Score, Net Positive, etc? Also if you have time, how radio reads/factors each of them (as in, which contributes more to a song's peak versus longevity, and so on)?

5 hours ago, Filipe Salvador said:

omg please @Ger-55

Haha, nothing to apologize, it's a pleasure. 

MEDIABASE 102 (since 101 is to understand the daily charts :dies: )

Every week, Critical Mass Media performs a survey. These surveys ask random participants a few basic questions about certain songs (initially the current Top 30 on Mediabase). These questions include: "Are you familiar with the song? (Familiarity)," "Do you feel positively or negatively about the song?," (Positive/Negative Reaction), "Would you say this is one of your favorite songs?" (Favoritism) and "Are you tired of hearing this song?" (Heavy Burnout) among general questions about a person's age, gender, location, and the type of stations they tend to listen to and when they listen to them. 

Basically, these factors (Positive/Negative Reaction, Familiarity, etc) are percentages (%) of people who answered affirmatively in each case given a total sample (around 1000-1500 people currently consulted each week). Now that we understand the factors, let's go with the combined scores.

Net Positive: is the basic overall reaction to the song. Formula: NetPos = Positive - Negative. 

Potential: gives you the whole picture about the immediate future of the song (literally its potential on chart) on the radio. It is the result that takes into account all the factors except Familiarity (that would give us Net Positive, Favoritism and Heavy Burnout). I have not yet found the formula to calculate this score (but I could give it a try since it's #Quarantine). To me this is the most important score in terms of what's next for the song, if radio drops/plays more a song, becuase it gives you a complete reaction of the audience. 

Pop Score: tells you the current level of popularity and reception of the song. Formula: Potential * Familiarity. Songs with the biggest familiarity tend to chart the highest, meaning they are the most played.

Personal conclusion:

In terms of peaks, radio stations pay attention to Potential score, but combined with the buzz around that song in other platforms: iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc. That meant a song that's heavily demanded on the sales and streaming department with very good callouts (but not stellar callouts) could be gaining a lot on radio and gets exposure enough to top the Airplay chart. Nevertheless, in terms of longevity, callouts are what matters the most, 100%. A song which keep getting great callouts are gonna serve amazing longevity (ex. Love Lies, Circles, Eastside).

Also, songs must be at least 60% familiar to qualify and appear on the chart which is released every Friday.

5 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Every week, Critical Mass Media performs a survey. These surveys ask random participants a few basic questions about certain songs (initially the current Top 30 on Mediabase). These questions include: "Are you familiar with the song? (Familiarity)," "Do you feel positively or negatively about the song?," (Positive/Negative Reaction), "Would you say this is one of your favorite songs?" (Favoritism) and "Are you tired of hearing this song?" (Heavy Burnout) among general questions about a person's age, gender, location, and the type of stations they tend to listen to and when they listen to them. 

Basically, these factors (Positive/Negative Reaction, Familiarity, etc) are percentages (%) of people who answered affirmatively in each case given a total sample (around 1000-1500 people currently consulted each week). Now that we understand the factors, let's go with the combined scores.

Net Positive: is the basic overall reaction to the song. Formula: NetPos = Positive - Negative. 

Potential: gives you the whole picture about the immediate future of the song (literally its potential on chart) on the radio. It is the result that takes into account all the factors except Familiarity (that would give us Net Positive, Favoritism and Heavy Burnout). I have not yet found the formula to calculate this score (but I could give it a try since it's #Quarantine). To me this is the most important score in terms of what's next for the song, if radio drops/plays more a song, becuase it gives you a complete reaction of the audience. 

Pop Score: tells you the current level of popularity and reception of the song. Formula: Potential * Familiarity. Songs with the biggest familiarity tend to chart the highest, meaning they are the most played.

Personal conclusion:

In terms of peaks, radio stations pay attention to Potential score, but combined with the buzz around that song in other platforms: iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc. That meant a song that's heavily demanded on the sales and streaming department with very good callouts (but not stellar callouts) could be gaining a lot on radio and gets exposure enough to top the Airplay chart. Nevertheless, in terms of longevity, callouts are what matters the most, 100%. A song which keep getting great callouts are gonna serve amazing longevity (ex. Love Lies, Circles, Eastside).

Also, songs must be at least 60% familiar to qualify and appear on the chart which is released every Friday.

Beautiful, thank you so much for the amazing explanation! Will definitely be coming back to reference this. :clap3:

14 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Personal conclusion:

thank youuu ??

Potential (04/03)

1. Don't Start Now 88 (▼1)

2. (+2) everything i wanted 86 

3. (-1) Adore You 85 (▼2)

4. (-1) My Oh My 84 (▼2) 

5. (+6) Falling 84 (▲1)

6. (+2) Blinding Lights 84 (▼1) 

7. (-1) You should be sad 84 (▼1) 

8. (-3) Hot Girl Bummer 84 (▼1) 

9. Say So 83 (▼1) 

10. (-3) Circles 83 (▼2)

11. (-1) Intentions 82 (▼1) 

12. The Bones 80 (▼2) 

13. Heartless 79 (▼1)

14. RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 78 (▼1)

15. (+1) The Box 78 

16. (-1) Rare 77 (▼1)

17. Roxanne 76 (▼2)

18. Know Your Worth 70

Pop Score (04/03)

1. Don't Start Now 85 (▼1)

2. Circles 81 (▼2)

3. Hot Girl Bummer 80 (▼2)

4. My Oh My 80 (▼1)

5. (+2) everything i wanted 78 (▲1) 

6. (-1) Adore You 77 (▼2)

7. (-1) Heartless 76 (▼1)

8. Roxanne 75

9. Blinding Lights 75 (▲1)

10. Say So 72

11. (+2) Falling 72 (▲4)

12. (+2) The Box 69 (▲1)

13. (-1) Intentions 68 (▼1)

14. (-3) The Bones 68 (▼2) 

15. You should be sad 66 

16. RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 66 (▲1)

17. Rare 61(▼2)

18. Know Your Worth 48

Net Positive (04/03)

1. Don't Start Now 51.1 (-0.9)

2. (+2) Falling 45.7 (+1.1)

3. You should be sad 45.4 (-1.4)

4. (-2) Adore You 45.1 (-4.1)

5. (+3) Blinding Lights 44.3 (+0.6)

6. Say So 43.8 (-0.4)

7. (-2) My Oh My 42.6 (-1.6)

8. (+4) everything i wanted 41.7 (+0.2)

9. (-2) Hot Girl Bummer 40.8 (-3.1)

10. Intentions 40.3 (-1.5)

11. (-2) Circles 40.3 (-2.5)

12. (-1) The Bones 39.1 (-2.4)

13. Rare 38.4 (-1.4)

14. Heartless 38.2 (-1.4)

15. RITMO (Bad Boys for Life) 37.8 (-0.5)

16. (+1) The Box 30.9 (+1.4)

17. (-1) Roxanne 29.2 (-1.6)

18. Know Your Worth 28.5 (+2.6)

Circle's should start seeing heavier decreases. 

Falling shaping up to be a big hit at this rate. Intentions should be doing a bit better, and I have a feeling we'll see RITMO start stalling, its callouts are pretty awful.

Surprised we still have nothing for Gaga and JT.

Almost every song got worse this week, possibly people getting tired of everything right now. :dies: 

AY's decreases are interesting, so probably it's not going to serve the type of longevity we thought. On the other hand, Billie, she could gives us a surprise, she's consistently between the best callouts, and she just got a big increase on spins. Maybe she's coming for #1 after all, I hope so.

someone needs to call the FBI for YSBS' situation, I NEED answers

tenor.gif?itemid=7182779

My Oh My still holding up great :clap3:

everything I wanted slaying :eek:

So Gaga is definitely debuting next Friday?

On 4/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, Hot Volcano said:

My Oh My still holding up great :clap3:

everything I wanted slaying :eek:

So Gaga is definitely debuting next Friday?

My oh My seems to be plummeting :doc:

On 4/5/2020 at 12:35 AM, Bentley said:

My oh My seems to be plummeting :doc:

lol

On 4 April 2020 at 1:09 AM, Medonerpls said:

someone needs to call the FBI for YSBS' situation, I NEED answers

tenor.gif?itemid=7182779

Right?? Wtf

it deserves my trash my's updates when the callouts are almost simIlar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.