Radio callouts: Doja smashing

Starkboy

I don’t get why Lover’s callouts are so low when it’s basically just Thinking Out Loud/Perfect 6.0. You’d think the locals would be stanning

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Yog said:

Well they did reach top ten at least, it’s not all bad, unfortunately for Taylor I can’t say the same thing. 

no way it's bad. sam kinda overdid every prediction for him and had a praying size hit and didn't get a great peek position because every metric never aligned to make it for him.

1 minute ago, theweekend said:

no way it's bad. sam kinda overdid every prediction for him and had a praying size hit and didn't get a great peek position because every metric never aligned to make it for him.

Tbh This is much bigger than “Pray” but yeah but Sam singles so far has reached at least platinum and top ten in pop radio, this era is doing wonders for them 

I’m so confused about radio :rip: They eat up these someone you love / perfect / all of me type songs and suddenly this song isn’t just doing mediocre, it’s outright last? Make it make sense. 

liberalmusiclover

She should’ve released more radio-friendly singles like “I Think He Knows” or “Cruel Summer.”

45 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I’m so confused about radio :rip: They eat up these someone you love / perfect / all of me type songs and suddenly this song isn’t just doing mediocre, it’s outright last? Make it make sense. 

Well... as someone who liked TOL & Perfect, Lover just doesn't hit the same. The vocals are produced really weirdly and it's not nearly as memorable/catchy. That's strictly my personal opinion, though.

6 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Well... as someone who liked TOL & Perfect, Lover just doesn't hit the same. The vocals are produced really weirdly and it's not nearly as memorable/catchy. That's strictly my personal opinion, though.

Lover (album)'s production sounds weirdly or low quality/bad mixed on most of its songs tbh.

That’s what happens when you release ME and YNTCD as the first 2 singles. 

2 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

This is really bad, all of her songs on Lover pretty much BOMBED on call-outs. 

The GP really isn't here for her anymore. This is sad :rip:

Lover may not be my favorite song, but it's still cute and doesn't deserve this.

I think her callouts would be fine with better songs. The issue is purely quality this time around imo. All 3 singles from the album have been subpar. Compare them to her radio peak of 1989, the quality difference is noticeable. 

1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

She should’ve released more radio-friendly singles like “I Think He Knows” or “Cruel Summer.”

I played „Cruel Summer” to some of my straight friends and no one was impressed tbh. Everyone loves Dance Monkey.

3 hours ago, argos said:

Who the HELLLLLLL is doing these callouts. I refuse to believe they have a big enough sample.

They aren't credible anymore. 

3 hours ago, argos said:

Who the HELLLLLLL is doing these callouts. I refuse to believe they have a big enough sample.

Anyone can sign up and volunteer to take part in the callout surveys.

47 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I played „Cruel Summer” to some of my straight friends and no one was impressed tbh. Everyone loves Dance Monkey.

:dies::dies:

Im shocked. I actually really like Lover.

Memories smashing on callouts and Lover bombing when they have essentially the exact same sound and style... these callout samples are honestly ****ing pathetic :rip: 

8 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Memories smashing on callouts and Lover bombing when they have essentially the exact same sound and style... these callout samples are honestly ****ing pathetic :rip: 

1 hour ago, idkwiam said:

They aren't credible anymore. 

Memories is smashing on streaming and Lover is struggling big time. that's just people's taste

First NRO and now this, this just doesn’t make sense. People who aren’t usually fans of Taylor and Katy love those songs but they get terrible call outs. I don’t get it, who are they asking?

Should’ve went with Death By a Thousand Cuts tho :gaycat5: Can’t believe Swifties can’t get over Cruel Summer, it was hyped up before anybody even heard it and it’s like they didn’t wanna admit it’s generic repetitive garbage

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

I think her callouts would be fine with better songs. The issue is purely quality this time around imo. All 3 singles from the album have been subpar. Compare them to her radio peak of 1989, the quality difference is noticeable. 

100% agree. 

42 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

100% agree. 

There's no way Shake it Off, Blank Space, etc. would fly now. The landscape is completely different. 

The Lover singles really aren't that much different quality wise than 1989, imo.

50 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

There's no way Shake it Off, Blank Space, etc. would fly now. The landscape is completely different. 

The Lover singles really aren't that much different quality wise than 1989, imo.

I’m talking about my own personal taste, not the radio landscape. I don’t like any of the singles from Lover and I’m not surprised at their underperformance. In fact, I found the album to be a pretty boring and flat listen. I’m not a Taylor stan but I usually enjoy her singles... from the self-titled days to reputation. I even like Ready For It :skull: 

But nothing on Lover sticks for me.

liberalmusiclover
2 hours ago, nick4bty said:

Ah my ****ing faves smashing

Have all of her singles since LWYMMD except Delicate been last on callouts? :rip:

Tbh callouts are getting predictable. On the opposite end, Khalid, Post Malone, and Maroon 5 singles always get amazing callouts.

1 hour ago, nick4bty said:

I strongly disagree. ME! and YNTCD are both legit bad songs to me and Lover is good but not close to Wildest Dreams, Style, Blank Space etc at all. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.