Gigi hadid for Vogue Arabia March

75 posts in this topic

gigi-hadid-vogue-arabia.jpggigi-hadid-vogue-arabia-2.jpgC52U2j_WUAAkHm0.jpgC52U2j8XQAIzajL.jpg

Gigi's the first person to ever be on the cover of Vogue Arabia. ✨

All faux Arabic imagery. Who approved this? :rip:

bella >>>>>>

She's half middle-Eastern so I hope none of y'all try it!

5 minutes ago, Chanel4 said:

All faux Arabic imagery. Who approved this? :rip:

Faux? She's an Arab.

I usually dislike her covers but this looks good, this also is the first edition ever of Vogue Arabia so it makes sense they would choose a half  middle-Eastern model to cover it

I love her lips.

Stunnnnnning :1stplace:

5 minutes ago, Salacious said:

Faux? She's an Arab.

No her father is. She's half of something. That doesn't make her suitable for this kind of imagery. She's an American and half Dutch. That's what she is. 

Inez and Vinoodh have really lost their touch imo.

They could have made it better .. It looks like drag competition make up!!!  

Just now, Chanel4 said:

No her father is. She's half of something. That doesn't make her suitable for this kind of imagery. She's an American and half Dutch. That's what she is. 

Inez and Vinoodh have really lost their touch imo.

She's her father's daughter after all! She is ethnically Arabic and Dutch. Her nationality is American.

17 minutes ago, Kathlen said:

Gigi's the first person to ever be on the cover of Vogue Arabia. ✨

ehm...what? :skull: 

Just now, Salacious said:

She's her father's daughter after all! She is ethnically Arabic and Dutch. Her nationality is American.

Exactly. She's a valley girl. This type of look is so try hard. When people are half of something and you force her into the half she's barely a part of. Anyway this isn't exactly wrong I just find it to be cringeworthy when fashion puts people into categories. 

She looks great as usual :clap3:

Oriental Queen :clap3::eli: 

3 minutes ago, Chanel4 said:

Exactly. She's a valley girl. This type of look is so try hard. When people are half of something and you force her into the half she's barely a part of. Anyway this isn't exactly wrong I just find it to be cringeworthy when fashion puts people into categories. 

That doesn't mean she has no sense of Arabic culture. It would be preposterous to think her father has never passed down his traditions. This is a new edition of Vogue, and it will obviously make waves if a big model of the moment is on the cover. At least the editors didn't choose a random white girl.

kinda tragic

Just now, Salacious said:

That doesn't mean she has no sense of Arabic culture. It would be preposterous to think her father has never passed down his traditions. This is a new edition of Vogue, and it will obviously make waves if a big model of the moment is on the cover. At least the editors didn't choose a random white girl.

Hun stop forcing whatever part of her is Arabic into this convo. She is not culturally Arabic neither is she a part of the culture. She's half. She's an All American white girl who has little ethnic background. That's all there is. Unless you've seen her wearing burqas outside or hit the mall with her mosque sQUAD... you can't prove otherwise. You're just stating the obvious..

interesting choice for minimal retouching

The cover is kinda tragic tho. They could make a better shot with that thing. 

this one is SO bad

C52U2j8XQAIzajL.jpg

As a middle eastern myself i don't see the problem with this at all. :celestial3:

Just now, Chanel4 said:

Hun stop forcing whatever part of her is Arabic into this convo. She is not culturally Arabic neither is she a part of the culture. She's half. She's an All American white girl who has little ethnic background. That's all there is. Unless you've seen her wearing burqas outside or hit the mall with her mosque sQUAD... you can't prove otherwise. You're just stating the obvious..

Are you an Arab? Regardless of the answer, stop trying to police the technicalities of what an Arab American can wear on the cover of an Arabic magazine. She is clearly respectful of her dad's culture. She regularly wears a hijab when she's in the Middle East:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Cjh9fIgAA1BZh.jpg

24519D1A00000578-0-image-a-91_1419880125