Get Spotify's data of your favs

Overdose

Not sure if this is in the right subforum, but I found this site where you can search for a track and get all sorts of data from Spotify. Apparently Spotify does not want to disclose exact streaming numbers so it calculates a popularity score. Seeing the top 10 tracks of an artist in different countries and seeing how danceable a track is/how much energy it has etc. is pretty interesting :emofish:. Also I think it only works on computers/laptops right now and not on your phone.

How popular is your fave on Spotify? :cm:

Musical Data

Cardi B - 94

Nicki Minaj - 92

Ariana Grande - 91

Beyonce - 88

Jay Z - 83

Lady Gaga - 81

Marina and The Diamonds - 70

Tinashe - 76

Lana Del Rey - 83

BANKS - 67

Nicki Minaj - 92

Mariah Carey - 76

Fifth Harmony - 79

Kelela - 59

SZA - 86

Kehlani - 87

:clap3: Surprised by Tinashe's number tbh.

Some that I searched, ranked highest to lowest:

Taylor Swift - 90 

Lady Gaga - 81

Britney Spears - 80 

Madonna - 76 :emofish:

Gwen Stefani - 74 :emofish:

Kylie Minogue - 71 :emofish:

Edited by TtaraHae

Nicki Minaj 92

Rihanna 91

Beyoncé 88

Sam Smith 86

Justin Timberlake 85

George Ezra 80

Niall Horan 78

Lady Leshurr 56

Edited by IAMRodrigo

Can someone look up Michael Jackson and Tevin Campbell for me?

I guess this website only works on desktop. 

Beyonce - 88

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Can someone look up Michael Jackson and Tevin Campbell for me?

I guess this website only works on desktop. 

Beyonce - 88

MJ 83

TC 55

4 minutes ago, IAMRodrigo said:

MJ 83

TC 55

Honestly not tragic for Tev considering :clap3:

MJ slaying per usual.

Looks like mobile support is working now :emofish:

Tinashe - 76

Mozart - 75

Tinashe's list of genres :rip:

dance pop, indie r&b, metropopolis, pop, pop rap, post-teen pop, r&b, urban contemporary, 

Lorde - 80

I'm not sure how the popularity index works. There must be some sort of averaging to represent current popularity, rather than total streams. There are some good features even if they do need some work.

The formatting of the track section is messed up.

Spotify  3

markets  false

Explicit  C

Key

This should read ...

Spotify markets  3

Explicit  false

Key  C

The next lines have the key and mode, but many songs contradict the published sheet music, which makes you wonder how they got the key. Was there a computer analysis or does it lookup a song database? The success rate for the Top three Lorde songs isn't good.

Lorde - Royals

Key  G

mode  major

Perhaps it doesn't understand D Mixolydian.

Lorde - Green Light

Key  A

mode  major

Mostly correct for the verse at least. Some people have suggested the song contains a key change, or it's another mixolydian composition, but overall this one gets a pass.

Lorde - Liability

Key  A#

mode   minor

This contradicts wikipedia (D flat major) and all published sheet music that I've seen.

One interesting part is the Top Tracks section where there are some differences between national preferences. Royals and Team are considered less popular in Japan when compared to Melodrama. Did Japan only get added to Spotify quite recently?

The release dates are also kinda weird for some songs, but overall the site is quite interesting.

Edited by Letemtalk

Seeing the top 10 tracks of an artist in different countries and seeing how danceable a track is/how much energy it has

Mariah Carey - 76

Madonna - 76

Ok Spotify, seems legit :ahh:

On 6/25/2018 at 0:49 PM, Letemtalk said:

The next lines have the key and mode, but many songs contradict the published sheet music, which makes you wonder how they got the key. Was there a computer analysis or does it lookup a song database? The success rate for the Top three Lorde songs isn't good.

Lorde - Royals

Key  G

mode  major

Perhaps it doesn't understand D Mixolydian.

Lorde - Green Light

Key  A

mode  major

Mostly correct for the verse at least. Some people have suggested the song contains a key change, or it's another mixolydian composition, but overall this one gets a pass.

Lorde - Liability

Key  A#

mode   minor

This contradicts wikipedia (D flat major) and all published sheet music that I've seen.

One interesting part is the Top Tracks section where there are some differences between national preferences. Royals and Team are considered less popular in Japan when compared to Melodrama. Did Japan only get added to Spotify quite recently?

The release dates are also kinda weird for some songs, but overall the site is quite interesting.

The mode/key etc. is determined by an algorithm by Echonest (a company Spotify bought). The scores behind the mode/key are the confidence of the algorith in its classification. It might be hard to read because of the formatting ... especially on mobile/smaller screens

Spotify's description of their popularity score:

The popularity of a track is a value between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most popular. The popularity is calculated by algorithm and is based, in the most part, on the total number of plays the track has had and how recent those plays are.
Generally speaking, songs that are being played a lot now will have a higher popularity than songs that were played a lot in the past. Duplicate tracks (e.g. the same track from a single and an album) are rated independently.

I think that weird release-dates/switches in popularity scores per country happen because sometimes there are multiple versions of a song available.

Adele: 84

Sam Smith: 86

Beyonce: 88

Lady Gaga: 82 :clap3:

Harry Styles: 77 :deadbanana4:

George Michael: 74 ( This is unacceptable)

Rihanna: 91 :1stplace:

Edited by Yog

SELENA : 89

CAMILA : 88

SHAKIRA : 86

BLACKPINK : 80

It Ain't Me

On 6/27/2018 at 3:30 AM, Overdose said:

The mode/key etc. is determined by an algorithm by Echonest (a company Spotify bought). The scores behind the mode/key are the confidence of the algorith in its classification. It might be hard to read because of the formatting ... especially on mobile/smaller screens

Spotify's description of their popularity score:

The popularity of a track is a value between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most popular. The popularity is calculated by algorithm and is based, in the most part, on the total number of plays the track has had and how recent those plays are.
Generally speaking, songs that are being played a lot now will have a higher popularity than songs that were played a lot in the past. Duplicate tracks (e.g. the same track from a single and an album) are rated independently.

I think that weird release-dates/switches in popularity scores per country happen because sometimes there are multiple versions of a song available.

Taking another look, it seems that in the case of Melodrama they reissued the album with one new track and the re-released album displays the new date, even when you select a track that was released on the original version of the album (which is still on Spotify) and all the tracks (except for the one new one) are unchanged from the original.

It shows 2013-01-01 for the Pure Heroine album, so that part also needs some work.

Regarding the readability, I'm using a laptop not a phone, Just checked on my 8 inch tablet and it looks better than on my laptop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.