The Greatest Showman is the first album to 1M copies in 2018

Assassin

The soundtrack to The Greatest Showman becomes the first album to sell a million copies in 2018 in the U.S., as the set sold another 26,000 copies in the week ending June 7. Its sales in 2018 now stand at 1.001 million. The title’s overall sales -- as it was released in December of 2017 -- total 1.081 million.

2018’s second-biggest-selling album is Justin Timberlake’s Man of the Woods, with 399,000 copies sold, followed by Jason Aldean’s Rearview Town, with 282,000.

Through the same point a year ago (week ending June 8, 2017), no album had sold 1 million in 2017. The industry had to wait until the week ending Nov. 16, when Taylor Swift’s reputation. swooped in, selling 1.2 million copies in its first week.

2017 would end with only two million-selling albums: reputation. (with 1.9 million sold that year) and Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) with 1.1 million.

The Greatest Showman is the first soundtrack to sell a million copies in a calendar year since 2014, when the Frozen soundtrack sold a mighty 3.5 million copies (of its overall 4.2 million total).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8461271/greatest-showman-first-million-selling-album-2018-billboard-200-chart-moves

:clap3:The soundtrack is not even a soundtrack imo. It’s literally just like any other pop album, just much better. lol

A Star is Born is coming 

A Star is Born is coming 

King Zac Efron really delivered huh? 

Best selling album in 2006 and now 2018? When will your fav

Pure sales :rip:

Timberlake not even making 500k pure at this point :rip:

I was told in here that this movie would bomb yet it matched La La Land's box office gross and also had a smash soundtrack. Lool

Wow :clap3:

9 hours ago, britsjournals said:

Our faves lost and Hugh Jackman won :cm:

!!

8 hours ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

King Hugh, his power :clap3: 

preach!

The album is amazing and deserves...hugh jackman and cast just outdid all our faves.

Same in the U.K. 882k so far

Miss Zendaya outselling the girls. Main pop girl confirmed :clap3: 

Qualitea coming THRU:clap3:

Daddy Huge I mean Hugh WON! :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 11:35 PM, Komet blu said:

Hugh Jackman new king of pop?

Considering how ATRL loves to talk about pure sales being the most important thing, I'd expect him to have a lot of stans on here.

Possible Grammy AOTY nomination coming, especially since there are 8 nominations now.

Edited by Letemtalk

And possibly the last. A mess

4 hours ago, Crescendolls. said:

And possibly the last. A mess

Adele will likely do 2 million+ her next first week. Doubt she’ll do 3 million again since 25 was not as well received as 21. Also Taylor, although she may not be able to do it in her first week again 

Zendaya ha power :alexz: 

It's really tragic that a soundtrack is the only album to reach 1M pure sales, it truly shows how dead pure album sales are now :rip:

But slay I guess...? I've never heard the album before, is it any good?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.