Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What would you do differently as a famous musician?

10 posts in this topic

trainsskyscrapers

Me personally, I would:

- allow my fans to use Twitter voting and pick the final bonus track from all albums

- disappear after 3-4 albums and become a sought-after A&R/songwriter

- Keep my relationships (kids, wife, etc.) LOCKED DOWN. I don't care if it makes me look cold, but everybody doesn't need to know my business.

- commemorate special dates in my music career with Surprise videos from those album eras.

- follow Nicki's path and help fans making their way through college w/ tuition and/or grad gown rentals.

What about you guys?

Bad Things
7 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Me personally, I would:

- allow my fans to use Twitter voting and pick the final bonus track from all albums

Easier said than done, although I love the idea in theory.

Trash

I would sell my sextape for a good coin so i don’t have to worry about flopping and going bankrupt.

Overprotected

I mean would some of those things (posting unreleased videos) be up to you? 

trainsskyscrapers
4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Easier said than done, although I love the idea in theory.

I guess, but I would make sure what ever story I wanted to tell would be done in the main album. I would probably release 5-6 30-second snippets and use Twitter voting to pick the Top 3. 

(The others would be released at another date on Spotify and automatically added to digital album copies after the fans "unlocked" something or completed an activity.)

trainsskyscrapers
1 minute ago, Overprotected said:

I mean would some of those things (posting unreleased videos) be up to you? 

Good point.

I would finance them myself, and then let things play out. 

Scion

I'd constantly be releasing music. Non-album singles and mixtapes to pad the time between main albums. 2-3 years of silence is not the tea and I don't know why the majority of artists/labels have stuck to that rigid release schedule.

Bad Things
38 minutes ago, Scion said:

I'd constantly be releasing music. Non-album singles and mixtapes to pad the time between main albums. 2-3 years of silence is not the tea and I don't know why the majority of artists/labels have stuck to that rigid release schedule.

Do you think that could potentially turn into a Charli situation though? One where your fans expect music and badger you for it when it's not coming at a maximum speed 24/7? Not trying to spark an argument btw, just curious as we've discussed this idea in a few of my courses and I'd like to hear input from others.

Scion
9 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Do you think that could potentially turn into a Charli situation though? One where your fans expect music and badger you for it when it's not coming at a maximum speed 24/7? Not trying to spark an argument btw, just curious as we've discussed this idea in a few of my courses and I'd like to hear input from others.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fans will complain about a lack of music either way, be it standard releases or mixtapes/singles. At least my way I wouldn't be leaving them hanging as long and they would end up with more content in the end.

Bad Things
34 minutes ago, Scion said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fans will complain about a lack of music either way, be it standard releases or mixtapes/singles. At least my way I wouldn't be leaving them hanging as long and they would end up with more content in the end.

I like that approach. Everyone in my class was on board for the mysterious disappearance into a 2 year break route, interesting to hear a new perspective. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0