Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Man serves friends his own meat

30 posts in this topic

DAP

On Sunday, July 10, 2016, three weeks after the accident, Shiny, who prefers to remain anonymous, invited 10 of his most open-minded friends to a special brunch. They ate apple strudel, quiche puff pastries, fruit tarts, and chocolate cake. They drank gin lemonade punches and mimosas. And then the main course came out: fajita tacos made from Shiny's severed human limb. 

The United States doesn’t have a federal law banning cannibalism. Idaho is the only state in which the simple act of eating human flesh can land you in prison. Laws against murder, buying and selling human meat, and corpse desecration make cannibalism difficult, but technically legal in the other 49 states. It's rare someone able to consent to being eaten meets someone interested in eating them, but even that scenario raises a ton of ethical questions. A Belgian man named Detlev Gunzel was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison for butchering and eating a Polish businessman with his consent. 

Shiny's is the rare case where cannibalism was not only legal but ethical. He documented the entire process, but due to the graphic nature of the photos, we have omitted several from this post. View the full set here.

How did the actual cooking of the foot go down?
I told the chef my idea and after thinking about it for a couple days he said, “OK, let’s do this. I’m going to prepare it, and you guys just come over tomorrow.” 

He marinated it overnight and sauteed it with onions, peppers, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Then he served it on corn tortillas with a tomatillo sauce.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gykmn7/legal-ethical-cannibalism-human-meat-tacos-reddit-wtf?utm_source=vicetwitterus 

I’m-

2Prhuo8.jpg

gayzayn

I serve my meat to my chosen friends too he ain't special

M-P-B

was hoping for a different kind of 'meat' 

Buyonce1814

Mess I thought he sneaked his foot into the meal without telling them they're eating him. On reading though....The fact that his friends said yes they'll eat it at the dinner party :deadbanana:

pavi

Title made me think he did it without his friends knowing and that it was his 'meat' :deadbanana:

MayorOfTrollTown

That was not what I was expecting

Vertigo Stick
9 minutes ago, DAP said:

The United States doesn’t have a federal law banning cannibalism.

zMloped.gif

Icarus
9 minutes ago, gayzayn said:

I serve my meat to my chosen friends too he ain't special

J7du7iQ.gif 

iiSuperManii

not what expected but still Sh00k :deadbanana:

Verge of Obscene

I love this: "Laws against murder, buying and selling human meat, and corpse desecration make cannibalism difficult"

Can't_M!ss_This

“One friend had to spit me into a napkin.”

Ditch that friend. He ain’t ride or die 

Tiziano's Boy

Yeah, I looked at all of the photos, and all I can say is, what the f*ck is wrong with him? :mazen: :mazen:

Illuminati

I saw the whole thing with a picture of the leg and the part that he served and it was not a pleasant sight

cottongrass

remember that thread where atrlers confessed they had no idea eating human meat is a prion disease danger cause I do

How has this ordeal changed the way you feel about cannibalism?
It has a stigma. It’s associated with cultures that aren’t perceived as civilized, or situations where people are forced into it to survive. They see it as barbaric, so they wonder why I would go out and do it on a whim. But people eat the placenta after a child is born. That’s cannibalism, I don’t see any way around it.

I think you can ethically be a cannibal in certain situations. I don’t have some hunger to go hunt people down and gnaw off their faces. This was one experience where I had the chance to do something unique in a healthy and ethical manner. I did it and it was fun and cool, and I have a great story.

America please get ur education together x

RIP his poor cute foot.

Grumpy Gills

Didn't even have to click to know :rip: it looks like steak tho :beatfreak:

Prisoner

nothing like homo sapien gourmet BBQ!