Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Things You Saw But No One Believes

53 posts in this topic

LoKoPaNdA

I saw a straight guy at work singing a Tinashe song :jonny: 

Oh My Gaga

Saw a shadow at the corner of my door this week, nobody believes!

skwonderfactory

July 3, 2006:

I was 9 years. Every 4th of July we go out to my "uncle" (I use quotations as he's not really my uncle but I've known him all my life) 4 acres of land about a 45 minute drive away.

Anyway it was July 3rd night and we were watching the movie Signs. Suddenly my uncle's dog starting barking viciously and scratching the door and everything. We go outside and he starts barking at the sky.

Nothing is there and we're laughing until we see a HUGE black triangle. It has a red light around it it's edge and it was clearly all metallic. The sun was setting so it was beautiful scenery.

Anyway the UFO was no more than 30 feet in the air and coming over my uncle's house and going towards the sunset. It was 4-5 football fields across. We watched it for about 5 minutes until my uncle threw a rock at it. It hit it and we were half-expecting sparks, half-expecting to be abducted but nothing. We all thought my uncle was crazy for doing something like that.

So the UFO continued into the distance until it was like 3 blocks ahead of us. The it split into three smaller triangles from the one big one. They all spun around, white lights instead of red now and shot up towards the sky faster than mankind can travel. Gone in a heartbeat.

This all took place all over the course of about a half hour. The UFO was dead silent and it seemed like the light was different then our lights because it didn't reflect in the actual UFO or give off a tinted glow.

To this day I do not watch Signs. I tried a few months ago and my cat started meowing like crazy. I shut it off. We also discuss this pretty frequently. It was me, my mom, my uncle, my aunt, a few of my uncle's and mom's friends who all saw this. 

February 19, 2016:

Because I don't want to use real names and my cities streets, I have changed them.

So at 11:30 last night after playing some Madden with other friends me and Aaron decided to go a walk. We go on walks often so this wasn't anything different. We walked down Alburm Avenue and turned on Prince Street and walked down to Dunlap. On our entire walk back we saw these two bunnies like five times in very different locations. The funny thing is they didn't move until we moved past them. Then on the way back this guy was walking the opposite direction of us, and as he approached he, he turned up his louder and the lyrics went "I'm coming for you, I'm coming for you N-word" and something about the devil was mentioned then a gun shot (on the song). He looked over at us in a very pacuilar way. Me and Aaron both mentioned we were scared of him afterwards. Then not a full block later we heard this explosion like sound which kinda sounded like thunder at the same time. Aaron sent a Snapchat to his friend and then we started looking at the sky. The moon was moving EXTREMELY fast. It was going straight ahead and glowed less dimly then usual. During the moon's fast travel there was at first this orange aura around it but then this rainbow one. As soon as the aura appeared, the moon started going fast, and as soon as it disappered, the moon slowed and barely moved at all. It looked as if a rainbow was surrounding the moon. Before the moon had speeded up, clouds were covering the sky all very close together, hardly any separation. Now the clouds were divided and at the end of the clouds they seemed to be really split apart like the moon had ripped them apart. We also put our finger over the moon to see if it was an illusion but it moved past our fingers. Aaron then checked his phone and the time was 12:45 and he had Snapchat notifications from 25 minutes ago. We know we were NOT looking at the sky that long. At maximum, it was 10 minutes.

Then we walked 2 more blocks and we were at the multi-story LSU (not the school) parking lot. It was like we had walked half the distance back to Alburn then it took to get there. Next to the tall parking lot was a regular lot which we were at trying to take things in. We heard this really loud car engine and the guy started talking about how we shouldn't be in the parking lot and then thanked us for telling him where to go even though we hadn't said a word and he didn't ask for directions. Then we heard the car again, this time louder, and we decided to run panckied. We ran a few blocks after hearing the car disappear into the distance and we were hidden behind this garage. Then we started to walk back and out of nowhere, thin air, the guy from the car appears. We get a view of him and its the SAME guy that played his music earlier. The guy was black, had really cool hair (like an afro but curly and going down) and he was sagging in black jeans with a red and black plaid pattern jacket. He is really apologetic all the sudden and seemed very guilty like we had seen him do something. He asked us if we wanted to smoke a square then asked if we had a lighter even though the cigarette in his mouth was lit. Well we basically walked away and decided to go an alternative route to LSU. Just before leaving and taking the alternative route Aaron checked his phone and the time was 1:06 am. We walked two blocks and he checked his phone and it was still 1:06! We looked in the sky again and saw the orange aura around the moon again. Then we saw Anderson (a LSU dorm) and were happy to get out of all this madness. Well for 4-5 blocks Anderson wasn't getting any closer and the LSU library that should be in view wasn't. There were two flags right next to each other, not two feet apart. One was blowing like the wind was gusting 30 MPH and the other not moving an inch. Neither me nor Aaron felt wind/saw anything else moving.

Lastly we saw a gate open on a fence with the back door open to the same house. Now this is crazy because just before the man with the music walked by we saw a house with a gate open but that one didn't have a back door open. Right after we saw the second gate open, things returned to normal. The church was in view and Anderson got closer as we walked towards it. On our entire walk we saw no cars/people beside the guy with the music/car and his car. No more than two houses were lit up per block. Now yes it was late but it was a beautiful night (40°) and on every other one of our walks we saw people walking, etc. Also you think we would have seen some cars if not people considering we passed a few busy streets. 

We got back at 1:12 and when my card wouldn't beep me into Johnson I discovered it was missing. Now everything else was in tact to my lendiard and there was a very small white paper behind my bus card dated the 12th, last Friday, and all we could make out was "P.M." and "one ticket". The rest was faded. Its almost like someone took my student ID and put the paper there instead. I know I had my card the entire walk secure in my jeans pocket and before our walk I dropped my water bottle at my dorm. 

So after this me and Aaron decided to write down everything just in case we would forget magically or something. Right when I got to writing down the car part, I heard the car again. Thinking it was in my head and me reminiscing, I didn't bring it up. Until Aaron asked me if I heard it and I was shocked. It had sounded liked the car was right outside the dorm not five feet away. That was the last really weird thing that happened.

Yes I do have a new student ID an life seems to be normal now.

July 4, 2016;

Ironically, me and my mom were admiring the fireworks from our windows and this is the ONE 4th of July we didn’t go to my uncles (see the first encounter above). We were reminiscing about that day in 2006 as we do every year when the fireworks paused and no one were lighting them when a orange orb appeared in the sky with another orange orb circling it (like orbiting). It also completely silent. It passed over our apartment building and it’s pretty crazy because it’s Iike the same species of alien heard us talking about them. 

May 1, 2017:

So I was on a walk starting at 12:37 AM by myself and I was listening to some music. All of the sudden my music kept pausing and playing again. I thought it was because I had a weak signal and I was listening to it on Spotify. Well I look at the time and it's 1:01. Then I noticed my battery draining really quickly. I went from 62% to my phone dying in a matter of about 10 seconds. I thought my phone battery was crappy until all of the sudden it's dead silent. No wind, no cars. Nothing. Too silent.

I look around, put my phone in my pocket and realize there are no lights on. Now I can assure you some people would have their lights on in their houses, but not now, and some were on not to far from me before. 

So I look to the sky to see if the moon is going to start glowing like with a rainbow aura again because suddenly I have the same feeling I did that same night February of last year.

(Story here for reference: https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=34532179#34532179)

I start to panic but still am managing to keep my composure. That is until a car is coming down the street. 

Now you would think this would have been relief and a sign of normality, but listen to this: All of the sudden I hear a weird sound. It was ****ing weird. I'm talking nothing I have ever heard in the movies or in real life. A split second after this sound, the car vanished in mid-air, midway Down the street. Keep in mind I watched it because I was glad to see a sign of something lively like I said.

At this point I am panicking but not enough to freak out. I'm touching myself to make sure I exist and breathing in and out heavily and even pinch myself.

It feels like reality had disappeared.

So I cautiously walk to where the car vanished. I put my hand to the exact spot it disappeared.

All of the sudden I am back in my dorm. My roommate is gone and I'm working on my project. I have it open on my laptop. Literally it has far more work done then I can remember where it was last, barely done. I remember being on a walk, not working on a project. 

I am grateful I really didn't have to work on my project, but I'm in utter shock. I sat there in silence until I felt a vibration. It was my phone.

I had completely forgotten about that until
I looked at it. 91% battery, time is 10:09 PM. 

My roommate came back from doing homework in the library at about 11. I told him what happened immediately and he kinda believes me and kinda doesn't. I asked him what I had been doing and he said we both ate dinner together and I was going to work on my project in my dorm. He said he went to the library at about 9:30. He has no recollection of me asking if he wants to go on a walk with me which we frequently do. 

I'm probably not going to tell anyone else besides my mom when I go home this weekend. 

So I had reversed time, traveled to an alternative dimension where my project is basically done, and saw a car disappear in mid-air.

It sounds like something from a movie. I am so shook I still don't know what to do.

May 22, 2018:

I was filming this beautiful sunset when all the sudden a plane disappeared in mid-air between clouds. I even have it on video and have showed people and they think it’s an effect I added or it disappeared behind one of the clouds.

ABeyBraith

This happened around summer 2006. 

Me and my friends went to play a game of bulldog at this abandoned construction site. I went and hid and saw this man literally jump around 10 feet over a fence. Not really a believable story so I don’t tell people about it but it freaked me out so much and I will never forget it.

Witchpop

On July 4th 2013 me and my friend were down the Jersey Shore and the fire work show was ending and I swear the weirdest most apocalyptic situation was going on. Behind us a severe storm was moving in, the lightning was CRAZY and behind the fireworks I swear to this day, DOZENS of meteors were breaking up over the ocean, it was so weird. At first I thought they were firework remnants, but the fireworks that were going off during it weren't stay lit NEARLY as long and were moving WAY faster. These looked to be miles and miles of course and looked like they were barely moving but were probably moving insanely fast. It tripped me up big time and kind of made me freeze but no one else seemed to notice and I just kept it to myself, but that was the craziest thing I think I've experienced.

DancingShoes

Saw a DVD player floating in midair after coming from my cousin's dad's funeral when I was like 7. Two of my cousins saw it too but none of the adults believed us.

Dynamo

I saw an UFO when i was like 14 (2008)  black metallic sphere above  with no movement  :dancehall:  Just stuck right there for almost 1 hour  :chick3: It looked like this :emofish: Pretty unusual cause drones were not a thing and i live in a country with no aerospace scene :biblio:

024a-blackufo-dayton-07-02-2017-1.38PM.j

hqdefault.jpg

Becky's pearls

A UFO, a bit like the one in the tl;dr post above. It was huge and passed not that far above me (max 50 m). It slowly started rising and then there was a faint flash and it was gone. 

yesplease

when i was little i was walking my dog and like three houses down from mine i saw a man dragging someone out of his house with a plastic bag over their head into his car and i just walked back home really fast and told my parents but said i’m crazy 

May

when i was about 5 i was sat alone in the living room, i looked down at my knees and i physically saw my kneecaps actually swap knees. my left kneecap became my right kneecap. i've always been certain that i actually saw it happen, and i think it's why people tell me i have a gay walk.

also when i was the same age i was in my bedroom and i heard an elephant go 'HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR' from the wardrobe. i sprinted downstairs. 

Dessy

Me and my grandma was up at like 1 am during a lightning storm and we saw pink lightning. Not just one but continuously throughout the hour. No one really believed me for some reason :rip:   

freakum.

I have a glass sliding door and it's pretty wide so usually I keep the curtains open until I'm going to sleep bc I love to look at the moon & stars. I got up to make me something to eat & as I was walking back to my seat I noticed a bunch of blinking orange + red lights through the glass. I looked up and noticed it was a bunch of large orbs just blinking. I call my dad and he comes out and says 'its a UFO' and runs outside. I followed him and when were outside the sky was light up with at least like 10 of these and they were flying around FAST. All of a sudden about 10 diff helicopters flew by (almost as if they were chasing them) we kept watching UNTIL this orange one comes closer and closer down to us and bitch I RAN! I wasn't about to get abducted or killed. We called the non emergency 911 number lol, well the nxt morning on the radio a bunch of people had called in seeing the same thing but we nvr got any answers.

I still occasionally see them and have even recorded it, I deleted it from YouTube bc I got scared the Men In Black would come find me :rip: 

freakum.
2 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

July 3, 2006:

I was 9 years. Every 4th of July we go out to my "uncle" (I use quotations as he's not really my uncle but I've known him all my life) 4 acres of land about a 45 minute drive away.

Anyway it was July 3rd night and we were watching the movie Signs. Suddenly my uncle's dog starting barking viciously and scratching the door and everything. We go outside and he starts barking at the sky.

Nothing is there and we're laughing until we see a HUGE black triangle. It has a red light around it it's edge and it was clearly all metallic. The sun was setting so it was beautiful scenery.

Anyway the UFO was no more than 30 feet in the air and coming over my uncle's house and going towards the sunset. It was 4-5 football fields across. We watched it for about 5 minutes until my uncle threw a rock at it. It hit it and we were half-expecting sparks, half-expecting to be abducted but nothing. We all thought my uncle was crazy for doing something like that.

So the UFO continued into the distance until it was like 3 blocks ahead of us. The it split into three smaller triangles from the one big one. They all spun around, white lights instead of red now and shot up towards the sky faster than mankind can travel. Gone in a heartbeat.

This all took place all over the course of about a half hour. The UFO was dead silent and it seemed like the light was different then our lights because it didn't reflect in the actual UFO or give off a tinted glow.

To this day I do not watch Signs. I tried a few months ago and my cat started meowing like crazy. I shut it off. We also discuss this pretty frequently. It was me, my mom, my uncle, my aunt, a few of my uncle's and mom's friends who all saw this. 

February 19, 2016:

Because I don't want to use real names and my cities streets, I have changed them.

So at 11:30 last night after playing some Madden with other friends me and Aaron decided to go a walk. We go on walks often so this wasn't anything different. We walked down Alburm Avenue and turned on Prince Street and walked down to Dunlap. On our entire walk back we saw these two bunnies like five times in very different locations. The funny thing is they didn't move until we moved past them. Then on the way back this guy was walking the opposite direction of us, and as he approached he, he turned up his louder and the lyrics went "I'm coming for you, I'm coming for you N-word" and something about the devil was mentioned then a gun shot (on the song). He looked over at us in a very pacuilar way. Me and Aaron both mentioned we were scared of him afterwards. Then not a full block later we heard this explosion like sound which kinda sounded like thunder at the same time. Aaron sent a Snapchat to his friend and then we started looking at the sky. The moon was moving EXTREMELY fast. It was going straight ahead and glowed less dimly then usual. During the moon's fast travel there was at first this orange aura around it but then this rainbow one. As soon as the aura appeared, the moon started going fast, and as soon as it disappered, the moon slowed and barely moved at all. It looked as if a rainbow was surrounding the moon. Before the moon had speeded up, clouds were covering the sky all very close together, hardly any separation. Now the clouds were divided and at the end of the clouds they seemed to be really split apart like the moon had ripped them apart. We also put our finger over the moon to see if it was an illusion but it moved past our fingers. Aaron then checked his phone and the time was 12:45 and he had Snapchat notifications from 25 minutes ago. We know we were NOT looking at the sky that long. At maximum, it was 10 minutes.

Then we walked 2 more blocks and we were at the multi-story LSU (not the school) parking lot. It was like we had walked half the distance back to Alburn then it took to get there. Next to the tall parking lot was a regular lot which we were at trying to take things in. We heard this really loud car engine and the guy started talking about how we shouldn't be in the parking lot and then thanked us for telling him where to go even though we hadn't said a word and he didn't ask for directions. Then we heard the car again, this time louder, and we decided to run panckied. We ran a few blocks after hearing the car disappear into the distance and we were hidden behind this garage. Then we started to walk back and out of nowhere, thin air, the guy from the car appears. We get a view of him and its the SAME guy that played his music earlier. The guy was black, had really cool hair (like an afro but curly and going down) and he was sagging in black jeans with a red and black plaid pattern jacket. He is really apologetic all the sudden and seemed very guilty like we had seen him do something. He asked us if we wanted to smoke a square then asked if we had a lighter even though the cigarette in his mouth was lit. Well we basically walked away and decided to go an alternative route to LSU. Just before leaving and taking the alternative route Aaron checked his phone and the time was 1:06 am. We walked two blocks and he checked his phone and it was still 1:06! We looked in the sky again and saw the orange aura around the moon again. Then we saw Anderson (a LSU dorm) and were happy to get out of all this madness. Well for 4-5 blocks Anderson wasn't getting any closer and the LSU library that should be in view wasn't. There were two flags right next to each other, not two feet apart. One was blowing like the wind was gusting 30 MPH and the other not moving an inch. Neither me nor Aaron felt wind/saw anything else moving.

Lastly we saw a gate open on a fence with the back door open to the same house. Now this is crazy because just before the man with the music walked by we saw a house with a gate open but that one didn't have a back door open. Right after we saw the second gate open, things returned to normal. The church was in view and Anderson got closer as we walked towards it. On our entire walk we saw no cars/people beside the guy with the music/car and his car. No more than two houses were lit up per block. Now yes it was late but it was a beautiful night (40°) and on every other one of our walks we saw people walking, etc. Also you think we would have seen some cars if not people considering we passed a few busy streets. 

We got back at 1:12 and when my card wouldn't beep me into Johnson I discovered it was missing. Now everything else was in tact to my lendiard and there was a very small white paper behind my bus card dated the 12th, last Friday, and all we could make out was "P.M." and "one ticket". The rest was faded. Its almost like someone took my student ID and put the paper there instead. I know I had my card the entire walk secure in my jeans pocket and before our walk I dropped my water bottle at my dorm. 

So after this me and Aaron decided to write down everything just in case we would forget magically or something. Right when I got to writing down the car part, I heard the car again. Thinking it was in my head and me reminiscing, I didn't bring it up. Until Aaron asked me if I heard it and I was shocked. It had sounded liked the car was right outside the dorm not five feet away. That was the last really weird thing that happened.

July 4, 2016;

Ironically, me and my mom were admiring the fireworks from our windows and this is the ONE 4th of July we didn’t go to my uncles (see the first encounter above). We were reminiscing about that day in 2006 as we do every year when the fireworks paused and no one were lighting them when a orange orb appeared in the sky with another orange orb circling it (like orbiting). It also completely silent. It passed over our apartment building and it’s pretty crazy because it’s Iike the same species of alien heard us talking about them. 

May 1, 2017:

So I was on a walk starting at 12:37 AM by myself and I was listening to some music. All of the sudden my music kept pausing and playing again. I thought it was because I had a weak signal and I was listening to it on Spotify. Well I look at the time and it's 1:01. Then I noticed my battery draining really quickly. I went from 62% to my phone dying in a matter of about 10 seconds. I thought my phone battery was crappy until all of the sudden it's dead silent. No wind, no cars. Nothing. Too silent.

I look around, put my phone in my pocket and realize there are no lights on. Now I can assure you some people would have their lights on in their houses, but not now, and some were on not to far from me before. 

So I look to the sky to see if the moon is going to start glowing like with a rainbow aura again because suddenly I have the same feeling I did that same night February of last year.

(Story here for reference: https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=34532179#34532179)

I start to panic but still am managing to keep my composure. That is until a car is coming down the street. 

Now you would think this would have been relief and a sign of normality, but listen to this: All of the sudden I hear a weird sound. It was ****ing weird. I'm talking nothing I have ever heard in the movies or in real life. A split second after this sound, the car vanished in mid-air, midway Down the street. Keep in mind I watched it because I was glad to see a sign of something lively like I said.

At this point I am panicking but not enough to freak out. I'm touching myself to make sure I exist and breathing in and out heavily and even pinch myself.

So I cautiously walk to where the car vanished. I put my hand to the exact spot it disappeared.

All of the sudden I am back in my dorm. My roommate is gone and I'm working on my project. I have it open on my laptop. Literally it has far more work done then I can remember where it was last, barely done. I remember being on a walk, not working on a project. 

I am grateful I really didn't have to work on my project, but I'm in utter shock. I sat there in silence until I felt a vibration. It was my phone.

My roommate came back from doing homework in the library at about 11. I told him what happened immediately and he kinda believes me and kinda doesn't. I asked him what I had been doing and he said we both ate dinner together and I was going to work on my project in my dorm. He said he went to the library at about 9:30. He has no recollection of me asking if he wants to go on a walk with me which we frequently do. 

I'm probably not going to tell anyone else besides my mom when I go home this weekend. 

So I had reversed time, traveled to an alternative dimension where my project is basically done, and saw a car disappear in mid-air.

It sounds like something from a movie. I am so shook I still don't know what to do.

May 22, 2018:

I was filming this beautiful sunset when all the sudden a plane disappeared in mid-air between clouds. I even have it on video and have showed people and they think it’s an effect I added or it disappeared behind one of the clouds.

Omg, The UFO story had me SHOOK :skull: 

TMRA
7 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

July 3, 2006:

February 19, 2016:

July 4, 2016;

May 1, 2017:

May 22, 2018:

You are so getting abducted by aliens sis:eek:

Your stories are soo ****ing scary.

I have a similar story involving the moon and also probable alternative dimensions

1.One night my boyfriend was driving me home, it was pretty late, around 2 am. While we were driving the moon was in front of us, on my left side, it was so big and we talked about how unusualy beautiful and bright it is. While we were admiring it we literally saw it MOVE from one place to another. It was on my left side and it moved faaaaaar right. The road follows a straight line, we didnt make any turns so its impossible that the moon just moved from one place to another in a matter of seconds. We were so shook that we literally stopped a car and discussed possible explanations for the next 2 hours, I got home at like 5 am still scared as hell .Nobody believes us to this day. We even tried  recreating the same situation many many times and the moon didn't move.

So this happened about 3 years ago while I was in my last year of high school. I remember this day like it was yesterday.

Since it was finally spring and the weather was really nice I've decided that I will walk to school. It takes 30 minutes to get to my school by walking, I usually take a bus but that day I was really in the mood for some fresh air. Since my class starts at 2:00 pm, I left the house between 1:25-1:30 pm to get there on time. (I wasnt alone in the house, my mom and grandma later confirmed that I really did leave at this time and I remember checking what time it was several times while I was getting ready and all of our clocks showed the same time+the clock on tv)

So I was walking, had my earphones on, really enjoyed myself and the nice weather but then something weird happaned. I got in front of the school and looked at my phone to see what time it was. It was 1:35pm. Ok no big deal, I thought my clock wasnt working so I entered the school and looked for a clock on the wall to check did the class already start since no one from my class was waiting in front of the classroom. It was 1:35. At this point I  really freaked out so I ran outside and asked somebody who was standing in front of school what time it was. They also replied it was around 1:40pm.

I was literally in shock, sat on the stairs in front of school and waited till 2pm for my class to begin. It still creepes me out, how the hell did I get there in 5 minutes? It makes no sense and I cant explain it. And the walk didnt feel like 5 minutes, it felt like usual 30 minutes. So weird.

lxkewth

I found a dead body after a bike ride in a parking when I was like 10 y/o 

ArianadelRey

i snatched a boyfriend from grindr

Alongoria13

I was playing in the middle of the yeard like 15 years ago and a huge lightbulb fell from the sky right  behind me :rip: my family  saw it but moved on and years later whenever I retell the story no one remembers it but me.....

Departure

Saw Shawn Mendes do gay things

Horizon Flame
1 minute ago, Departure said:

Saw Shawn Mendes do gay things

THAT I believe. 

LSD
9 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

July 3, 2006:

February 19, 2016:

July 4, 2016;

May 1, 2017:

May 22, 2018:

Girllllll this is not a diary, with one story it's just fine.

♢Diamond♢

Like 6 or 8 years ago I was walking home at night and I saw what looked like a rocket-shaped aircraft like 50 feet above where I was walking out of the corner of my eye. It was just hovering there. As soon as I looked up it disappeared without a trace or noise. I RAN home and told my mom what happened and she laughed and said I was just afraid of walking home at night. The whole experience lasted like 3 seconds but I know what I saw. :jonny5:

MusicTalker
2 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I saw the fishnets. They were ripped. 

I snorted just now omg

Beyonnaise

I go to college almost 4 hours away from my hometown and my freshman year I went shopping at this sports apparel store City Sports (they’ve all closed since) and amongst the professional jerseys they randomly were selling all of my high school’s apparel :rip: Even a sweatshirt I owned. I asked a guy working there why and he said he had no idea and said he was freaked out by it because they otherwise don’t even sell college apparel much less a random high school hours away.