Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

OSCARS | Gaga, Olivia, Rami, Green Book win | BohemianR tops

35,006 posts in this topic

Leptine
2 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Roma/Netflix is even more desperate.

Cuaron has been giving interviews on EVERY small podcast, radio show, media outlet, etc. Netflix has been sending journalists and voting members of multiple bodies full-sized framed and signed Roma movie posters, and members have been getting Oaxacan chocolates "from Yalitza."

Yeah but at least they're doing it with a serious conteder that still has chances to win...

MPR is truly over at this point.

MAKSIM
6 minutes ago, Leptine said:

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

"Im Pippa Harris, BAFTA's chair...but if a political week feels like a long time, then try living through the past 12 months in the film business. Only a year ago did the serious revelations of bullying and harassment in our industry come out. Since then, there have been a birth of seismic developments since the MeToo and the Times Up movement. Voices, especially women, which for too long have gone unheard or deliberately silenced, have finally been listened to. Progress has been made, but there is clearly more work to be done. Here at BAFTA, we have always championed everyones right to work in a safe and professional environment without bullying and harassment." 

Nominates Green Book for best film

Nominates Bohemian Rhapsody for best British film

Nominates Nick Vallolonga and Peter F. for best original screenplay

Nominates Peter F for best director

levi_valvi
2 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

She just keeps winning

We love her again 

Leptine
3 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

"Im Pippa Harris, BAFTA's chair...but if a political week feels like a long time, then try living through the past 12 months in the film business. Only a year ago did the serious revelations of bullying and harassment in our industry. Since then, there have been a birth of seismic developments since the MeToo and the Times Up movement. Voices, especially women, which for too long have gone unheard or deliberately silenced, have finally been listened to. Progress has been made, but there is clearly more work to be done. Here at BAFTA, we have always championed everyones right to work in a safe and professional environment without bullying and harassment." 

Nominates Green Book for best film

Nominates Bohemian Rhapsody for best British film

Nominates Nick Vallolonga and Peter F. for best original screenplay

Nominates Peter F for best director

Leptine

A ballot from a member of the CC:

JW PICK: Glenn Close, The Wife / serious conflict here — my actual favorite is Melissa McCarthy but I’m also a Close supporter from way back. Plus a Close win at the CC awards will bolster her Oscar chances and thus lessen the odds favoring Lady Gaga

This is seriously trash.

HMavUpa.gif

Lady Bird
3 hours ago, Divine said:

Regina King needs a miracle to win after being snubbed at both SAG and BAFTA. Voters don't really care about Beale Street in general anyway.

If she loses CC tomorrow night, she's royally ****ed.

Rachel Weisz will win if Regina doesn’t, speak that into existence. 

qS6XodA.png

OneAndOnly
26 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Roma/Netflix is even more desperate.

Cuaron has been giving interviews on EVERY small podcast, radio show, media outlet, etc. Netflix has been sending journalists and voting members of multiple bodies full-sized framed and signed Roma movie posters, and members have been getting Oaxacan chocolates "from Yalitza."

A random Netflix intern Yalitza, her MIND

ENuuFxD.gif

Eleanor

The way Glenn is probably going to give an Oscar-worthy performance soon, in a film people might actually go and see (Sunset Boulevard), but she won't win because she'll have already won her pity award this year for something nobody cared about

giphy.gif

MAKSIM
6 hours ago, Liafen said:

the fact that they are campaigning with this scene for the WGA... a choice. :skull: 

The WGA members are very good at hiding their biases :rip:

I went through 40 or so profiles of confirmed WGA members and found 1 clear voter for ASIB (Adapted), 1 Lady Gaga/Glenn Close Stan (Potentially a vote for ASIB in Screenplay), 1 for Beale Street (Adapted), and 1 for Roma (Original). 

Leptine

I'm reading people complaining about the lack of promo from WB when it comes to ASIB these days...

4 minutes ago, Eleanor said:

The way Glenn is probably going to give an Oscar-worthy performance soon, in a film people might go and see (Sunset Boulevard), but she won't win because she'll have already won her pity award this year for something nobody cared about

giphy.gif

I read from a small part of  her allegedly "stans", people that don't want her to win for this not-event movie and performance but for that project indeed.

Eleanor
3 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I'm reading people complaining about the lack of promo from WB when it comes to ASIB these days...

I read from a small part of  her allegedly "stans", people that don't want her to win for this not-event movie and performance but for that project indeed.

It would be an iconic moment but if the Academy is going to do clownery this year then I guess the clown will come back to bite 

giphy.gif

Leptine
8 minutes ago, Eleanor said:

It would be an iconic moment but if the Academy is going to do clownery this year then I guess the clown will come back to bite 

giphy.gif

I mean this clip alone is better than the whole TW movie.

She has a good voice.

Dom

Rumors are floating around that Alicia Vikander and Rooney Mara are in consideration for black widow solo film. Wonder which will get it in the end.

HonourableVomit

where TF Is the can you ever forgive me screener :angry:

teresaguidice
3 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

where TF Is the can you ever forgive me screener :angry:

it comes out on vod in like 2 weeks

CaptainMusic
48 minutes ago, Eleanor said:

The way Glenn is probably going to give an Oscar-worthy performance soon, in a film people might actually go and see (Sunset Boulevard), but she won't win because she'll have already won her pity award this year for something nobody cared about

giphy.gif

That's why Olivia deserves to win for her critically acclaimed amazing performance.

giphy.gif 

D/X
15 hours ago, Fetch said:

La La Land is a MASTERPIECE. The opening scene alone > Moonlight.

Taste arriving to this thread. :clap3:

The -light movies are truly the worst technical winners from this decade.

Citrus

La La Land is a technical masterpiece ruined by leads who can't sing, one of whom does next to nothing the whole movie. 

Anyways, I think my current preference of likely nominees is

McCarthy > Close >> Colman > Aparicio > Gaga > Davis

Blade Runner

Screeners this year are a MESS. Where a Vox Lux, Widows, Beale, etc etc? JESUS. 

Citrus

Oh and personal ranking for BP, Blackkklansman should be the frontrunner. It kinda shits all over the other girls this year.

Blackkklansman >> The Favourite = Roma > ASIB >>>> none of the rest matter >>>>>>>>> Green Book

Citrus

And somewhere below that is Bohemian Rhapsody

Lady Bird
1 minute ago, Citrus said:

Oh and personal ranking for BP, Blackkklansman should be the frontrunner. It kinda ***** all over the other girls this year.

Blackkklansman >> The Favourite = Roma > ASIB >>>> none of the rest matter >>>>>>>>> Green Book

The Black Panther shade is not cute. :shakeno:

Fitzswiftie
4 hours ago, Dom said:

Miss Johanasson coming or that oscar with that first ever R rated marvel film.

DUPHi9TUQAAPXTC?format=jpg&name=medium

Before the Dawn
2 hours ago, Eleanor said:

giphy.gif

I hope she does and gets a nom and then loses to some bland performance from a no1curr movie

Till it happens to you.mp3

Before the Dawn

Ugh, Olivia would be such an amazing winner and her performance will be timeless :'(

I hope she gets another chance soon after this exposure in the US + The Crown