Oscars 2019 | TOMORROW! | The wait is over, ladies.

31,750 posts in this topic

Before the Dawn

Cinematography and Film Editing are the most important technical categories wtf

:rip:

The ratings will be a mess, so many people are pissed off 

KylieistBoi
8 hours ago, Agenor said:

That is stupid. If they wanted to cut only 4 categories they could have cut three short categories that no one cares and the make-up category. Cinematography and Editing are the most important technical categories imo. Though I am glad we won't have to see all 5 of Cuaron's speeches. 

Lady Bird

They just moved Best Editing to categories announced during a commercial break. They can now safely give it to BR without people smashing their TVs.

wait...... MESS.

mddaogs9kuu9.gif

Brishka

I feel sorry for Christian Bale:cries: 

Lady Bird
4 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

I don't know, why are they slashing categories btw, like NO host, that gives you like 12 minutes AT LEAST. It's so weird. 

The way they’re cutting speeches when they should cut those unnecessary skits and commericals that are longer than a movie instead.

mddaogs9kuu9.gif

Mariano

They are obvi snubbing Cinematography, cuz Alfonso is winning several awards lol. 

Film editing is weird tho, over categories like short docu and short anime and such. 

The Unforgiving

Good morning, a friendly reminder Roma, The Favourite, ASIB and BR will snatch all MAGAvel awards x

Except Spider-Verse

HabbGaga

I quite enjoyed Destroyer. What did everyone think of it? I thought Nicole gave a wonderful performance, their were a few moments where I didn't really believe her entirely as the character but for the most part the only things I didn't like were her ugly ass wigs.

hausofdave

who would’ve thought Bradley win a Grammy first than Oscar on his first try :dies:

Leptine
3 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

who would’ve thought Bradley win a Grammy first than Oscar on his first try :dies:

DAAa2VRVYAAi5cB.jpg

I'm so glad of this, also because I'm sure he's gonna take the Oscar eventually, and also the Emmy or Tony (he got a Tony nomination in 2015) if he's gonna do something in that field again, but for the Grammys this was his first and only chance :weeps:

Ribs

Not them cutting two of the most important categories, TRASHY.

The way they are keep losing, I WON.

KFwlmMW.gif

Ribs
19 hours ago, D/X said:

Slay

1. Roma

2. The Favourite

Good

3. BlacKkKlansman

4. Vice

Okay

5. A Star Is Born

6. Green Book

Trash

7. Bohemian Rhapsody

8. Black Panther

Whew, you coming and DESTROYING tasteless people a.k.a. basic pander fans just like THAT

I am living.

KFwlmMW.gif

artangel

if they snub Roma for cinematography who would they give it to instead?

artangel

Slay

1. The Favourite

2. A Star Is Born

Good

3. Roma

4. BlacKkKlansman

Okay

5. Black Panther

6. Vice

Trash

7.Green Book

8. Bohemian Rhapsody

KylieistBoi
10 minutes ago, artangel said:

if they snub Roma for cinematography who would they give it to instead?

Cold War.

Or if they can exploit the overdue narrative Caleb Deschanel could win it. But it is not going to an English language movie. 

aliciavikanders

Somebody thinks Vice and Green Book are better movies than Black Panther :dies:

The white jumped out!!! 

fridayteenage

well the emmys don't have cinematography and editing at the main ceremony.

and tbh most of the gp doesn't actually care. 

kayliah

I would love to see either Green Book or The Favourite win Best Picture over Roma which didn't do anything for me .

Leptine

Let’s begin with one of the season’s most unfortunate notes: Bradley Cooper’s snub in the directing field for “A Star Is Born.” Look, if the directors branch so desperately wanted to put the 44-year-old writer-director-producer-actor-songwriter in his place, fine. But, thankfully, his work in front of the camera was remembered, because here’s the thing: It’s the finest lead actor performance of the year. Go back and look at it. I know it’s sometimes difficult for you to take a performance seriously in the race unless it’s in some prestige biopic (due respect to Christian Bale and Rami Malek, both fine competitors), but Cooper built a character from the ground up and infused it with life. He took an ages-old role that has long been ineffective, because the character was just so damn petty and unlikable in previous versions — and gave it real warmth and dimension.

2a8evx4.jpg

X~MoviePoP
1 hour ago, kayliah said:

I would love to see either Green Book or The Favourite win Best Picture over Roma which didn't do anything for me .

Yup

TheFireLexus

The obvious, DESPERATE push for Bradley Cooper is among the most shameless moves I've seen in a long time and I'm glad they're doing it because it's only going to turn voters off him even more. The entitlement is disgusting.

Dark Miracles
13 hours ago, Leptine said:

People keep coming for miss Cooper, but Bale is definetely the one that is fuming more at his win.

Doubt it. Bale already has an Oscar.

Cooper is quietly fuming behind the scenes, hence all these desperate thinkpieces from Warner Bros' payroll even though he has long lost his chance.

Agenor
1 hour ago, Leptine said:

but Cooper built a character from the ground up and infused it with life.

Wait, wasn't he channeling Kris Kristofferson and "impersonating" Sam Elliott? That's hardly building a character from scratch.

Blade Runner
33 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

The obvious, DESPERATE push for Bradley Cooper is among the most shameless moves I've seen in a long time and I'm glad they're doing it because it's only going to turn voters off him even more. The entitlement is disgusting.

This is one of the most shameless moves you've EVER seen? You're probably new to this sh-t because girl... :dies: Not even top 500. Harvey Weinstein would like a few words. 

Blade Runner

People clearly don't know what they're talking about. :dies:

And stop obsessing over ASIB. 5 months later and still fuming. MOVE ON.