Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Must-watch The Amazing Race seasons

48 posts in this topic

FutureHive

did one for Survivor https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1051431

did one for Big Brother

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/54913-must-watch-big-brother-seasons-the-us-version/

Binged The Challenge recently but i didnt need any help with that.

This time i'm binge-watching The Amazing Race for the first time. 

This show has 300+ episodes

I can watch all of them from the start to finish but i wont. Name the must-watch seasons and the worst seasons. That would be very helpful and spare me a lot of time.

Currently watching season 1 episode 3

Update so far ive seen:

Season 1

Season 2 (didnt like it)

Season 5

Season 7 now

TtaraHae

Seasons 3, Australia 2, and 5 are my trinity that are all top tier reality seasons in general and are a MUST imo. 

11 (allstars), Canada 2, 1 (the Borneo of amazing race), and 29 are among my personal favorites as well and are all amazing seasons

12, 26, 30 and 18 (unfinished business - another returnee season) are also very strong seasons with the more modern/streamlined feel. 

STAY AWAY from 20-24 (24 being an allstars season that almost got the show cancelled it was so bad), 28 (all social media fame*****s that almost got the show cancelled it was so bad) and 9. 

The rest all have certain levels of pros/cons and I would say are worth a watch and have the potential based on what you like, if you like the oldschool feel of airport drama, fast forwards of every leg, and a heavier focus on inter-intra team relationships/drama then pre-11 seasons might be better and if you like the more streamlined races with pre-booked flights and a heavier focus on tasks then the newer seasons (and especially the Canadian seasons) are more up your alley. 

Hay Amores

Older seasons are more epic. Season 5 I guess with Charla and Mirna. And then the all star with Charla and Mirna vs Rob and Amber. 

13/14 dunno exactly but when the Miss USA contestant competed. 

17 for the best winner for me. 

The most recent one that's memorable for me is Season 20 with original Brenchel season. 

Quiqui4eva

The ones with Charla and Mirna :ahh: I think they were on 5 and 6?

FutureHive
5 hours ago, TtaraHae said:

Seasons 3, Australia 2, and 5 are my trinity that are all top tier reality seasons in general and are a MUST imo. 

11 (allstars), Canada 2, 1 (the Borneo of amazing race), and 29 are among my personal favorites as well and are all amazing seasons

12, 26, 30 and 18 (unfinished business - another returnee season) are also very strong seasons with the more modern/streamlined feel. 

STAY AWAY from 20-24 (24 being an allstars season that almost got the show cancelled it was so bad), 28 (all social media fame*****s that almost got the show cancelled it was so bad) and 9. 

The rest all have certain levels of pros/cons and I would say are worth a watch and have the potential based on what you like, if you like the oldschool feel of airport drama, fast forwards of every leg, and a heavier focus on inter-intra team relationships/drama then pre-11 seasons might be better and if you like the more streamlined races with pre-booked flights and a heavier focus on tasks then the newer seasons (and especially the Canadian seasons) are more up your alley. 

for now im only watching US

FutureHive
5 hours ago, Hay Amores said:

Older seasons are more epic. Season 5 I guess with Charla and Mirna. And then the all star with Charla and Mirna vs Rob and Amber. 

13/14 dunno exactly but when the Miss USA contestant competed. 

17 for the best winner for me. 

The most recent one that's memorable for me is Season 20 with original Brenchel season. 

cant wait to see some familiar faces pop up

FutureHive

i'll just keep talking to myself

finished season 1. Team Guido is the worst. so glad they didnt win

gonna start season 2 now.

Shy Boy

I'm currently bingeing TAR too. So far I've season seasons 1-9, 27, 29 & 30.

Of those, I would say the absolute must watch seasons are 1, 5 & 7. I'm halfway through season 10 and so far it's one of my favorites. I really liked 29 too. 

Season 6 has a really unlikeable and ugly cast, you can definitely skip that one. Season 8 has mostly domestic travel and most of the locations are boring and ugly--skip. 

ainadalkaz

S15 and 17 were my favorites just of the top of my head

WarmBudweiser

10,11,14,18,19 and 25 are my favorite.. Yeah i agree the earlier ones were the best seasons.

Watch TAR CANADA!!! They have amazing tasks and really good teams tbh.. Also their editing is waaaaaay better than the US versjon

Leptine

I just discovered that we have this show also in my country with a different name.

carameldisco

Yes, seasons with Charla & Mirna and Dustin & Kandice (seasons 5,10,11). From recent ones, 25 and 26 were both amazing seasons.

Drama

I don’t remember the season but it had the 2 Harlem globetrotters. 

Timber

17, my fave one. I think I've seen about 90% of them.

the д

watch the amazing race australia season 1 and 2, the casting was amazing

Arxane

The one with Charla & Mirna.

Charla: "They look like prostitutes."

Mirna: "But the prostitute would know where the disco is, wouldn't she?"

I also love how Charla & Mirna hated Rob & Amber (my fave reality couple) in All Stars. Lol.

heidimontag
On 11/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, FutureHive said:

i'll just keep talking to myself

finished season 1. Team Guido is the worst. so glad they didnt win

gonna start season 2 now.

where are you watching the seasons?

FutureHive
1 hour ago, heidimontag said:

where are you watching the seasons?

torrented it on piratebay

FutureHive
On 6/12/2018 at 2:29 AM, Shy Boy said:

I'm currently bingeing TAR too. So far I've season seasons 1-9, 27, 29 & 30.

Of those, I would say the absolute must watch seasons are 1, 5 & 7. I'm halfway through season 10 and so far it's one of my favorites. I really liked 29 too. 

Season 6 has a really unlikeable and ugly cast, you can definitely skip that one. Season 8 has mostly domestic travel and most of the locations are boring and ugly--skip. 

when did u start? im having a hard time binging season 2 now cuz nobody interests me

i’m powering thru

FutureHive
On 6/12/2018 at 4:28 AM, Leptine said:

I just discovered that we have this show also in my country with a different name.

my country has their own version of shows too but i’d rather watch US TV. Big Brother US, Survivor US, The Amazing Race US

FutureHive
4 hours ago, the д said:

watch the amazing race australia season 1 and 2, the casting was amazing

maybe after im done with this. speaking of Australia, im watching Love Island AUS

Mzd
On 6/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, Quiqui4eva said:

The ones with Charla and Mirna :ahh: I think they were on 5 and 6?

Omg yes! :ahh: 

I forgot about them! 

GreatCoolBright

good choice dude, i remember liking TAR 28, i like more modern seasons tbh

the д
6 hours ago, FutureHive said:

maybe after im done with this. speaking of Australia, im watching Love Island AUS

is it any good? im overseas and heard its been a mess lmao

FutureHive
15 minutes ago, the д said:

is it any good? im overseas and heard its been a mess lmao

its great actually. this season has been better than UK’s season this year.