Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Trump invited NFL players to suggest prisoners for pardons

24 posts in this topic

Chemist

His supporters gon be mad :skull:

Floraholique

Kimberly’s impact :clap3:

iHype.

This is honestly going to make more people who dislike/hate see him in a positive light, rather than make his delusional supporters mad lol.

jezebelvictoria

How about take a look into it yourself instead of asking celebrities. He's the f*cking president; there's more than enough information at his finger tips. 

Brunette Ambition

am i the only one that sees the racism in this? :rip:

DreamerXCX

This is why he won. He's so good at marketing himself :jonny:

Haus

him treating pardons for unjust sentences as a lottery is so ****ing despicable like..... what? 

he is such a joke

wxvii

This seems so racist. He’s asking NFL players, most who don’t like him, to suggest people to pardon so they can like him. Majority of NFL players are black soooooo:toofunny3: What you tryna say Trumpkin?

wxvii
10 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

No sis.... this screams racism to me:dies:I don’t see how others are not seeing that this is pretty racist

KareBear

Thats actually a really good thing to do. But this definitely seems like PR. I read how he kept bragging about how Kim and Kanye are going to improve his approval with black people so this is just him pandering but if it ends up doing good then I cant really complain. Its a great market strategy to use the NFL because now people can argue that they have no reason to protest the flag if the president is giving them a platform to make changes and people who protest now will might face more backlash. 

wxvii
Just now, KareBear said:

Thats actually a really good thing to do. But this definitely seems like PR. I read how he kept bragging about how Kim and Kanye are going to improve his approval with black people so this is just him pandering but if it ends up doing good then I cant really complain. Its a great market strategy to use the NFL because now people can argue that they have no reason to protest the flag if the president is giving them a platform to make changes and people who protest now will might face more backlash. 

I see what you’re saying but how does this not seem racist to you?

Archetype

This is an evil man.  He desperately wants approval, and knows that the NFL players loathe him.  He wants them to swallow their pride and visit him so they can free prisoners that he has every power to do so on his own.  If they reject and don’t attend, he can easily use that as an excuse to not pardon prisoners and blame them.  He’s acting like a medieval king/man baby.

Park Jinyoung

Meaningless pandering. How about he does something about the prison industrial complex.

KareBear
10 minutes ago, wxvii said:

I see what you’re saying but how does this not seem racist to you?

Its 100% pandering. Which you can argue, yes is racist. If you're suggesting that Trump is saying that, because they're black, they must personally know someone in prison for him to pardon, thats not what I initially thought when I read this. I read it more as Trump saying if these NFL players feel like the police and justice system is unfair/racist/violent towards black people he wants them to give an example of people the justice system has been unfair towards so he can pardon them and "do the right thing" to help combat racism in the system. Like a Kim Kardashian thing. Which makes him seem like the good guy if he meets them and pardons more black people that were done wrong by the system and makes the NFL players seem like the bad guy if they refuse to meet with him when he "wants to help" and continue to protest the flag. 

Ashley Banks

Seems like blatant pandering but if innocent people get freed as a side effect then I don't mind

25 minutes ago, Archetype said:

This is an evil man.  He desperately wants approval, and knows that the NFL players loathe him.  He wants them to swallow their pride and visit him so they can free prisoners that he has every power to do so on his own.  If they reject and don’t attend, he can easily use that as an excuse to not pardon prisoners and blame them.  He’s acting like a medieval king/man baby.

This too.

Run The World
1 hour ago, Brunette Ambition said:

No, you're not. 

Nachocheesechalup

I wonder if he has hot sauce in his bag? 

Space&Time

This President is absurd.  Why would you use pardons as a conversation starter. Like, number 1 he is having way to much fun with his Pardon power.  He found something his lil  brain likes to do as president. One thing is for sure, he won't be pardoning himself.

Shigo
On 6/8/2018 at 4:12 PM, Nachocheesechalup said:

I wonder if he has hot sauce in his bag? 

Taco bell packets

manwhore

:ahh:

Like the blatant pandering to black people now. 

Hey at least he's not deporting yall.  Yall are lucky, We M&M's (Mexican and Muslims) are the real oppressed people in the USA. I dont want to hear yall whine anymore!!! :cm:

EDIT:  omg So black men are speaking out about a real problem, police brutality and then Trump says, hey lets talk about people that are in jail, because you know its gotta be black people we talk to to fix this. If you're black and you stan this you dumb.

Icarus

WHY can no one see that he's doing this because the Russia investigation is threatening to send his friends to jail, and he wants to show them that he's willing to give out pardons like candy, so they know they can risk not co-operating and get a pardon if they're sentenced

Prince Tommy
13 minutes ago, Icarus said:

WHY can no one see that he's doing this because the Russia investigation is threatening to send his friends to jail, and he wants to show them that he's willing to give out pardons like candy, so they know they can risk not co-operating and get a pardon if they're sentenced

Honestly, if you have a brain (and aren't brainwashed or conveniently ignoring Trump's blatant corruption :deadbanana2: ) this is just super obvious.

I think his act of pardoning a man literally convicted for campaign finance law related crimes is the egregious offense. "Michael Cohen, you'll be fine, just take the fall for me" like literally :deadbanana2: 

I'm not sure if this is entirely related, but its probably more about trying to get people off of his back, like his entire presidency has been. Republicans passing a disgusting bill that hurts millions of Americans? Better say something controversial on twitter so we don't talk about it :cm:Over and over. Legit I'm only keeping up by saving articles of "here's what you missed this week from the Trump White House" :rip: 

Anyway, I don't think they will cave into this. NFL players are not stupid, especially woke ones that care enough about something to protest. Individuals being released from prison is nice, and its good for those individuals and their family and friends but it does not damage the system itself. Unless Trump is going to receive submissions for clemency of black offenders committed of non violent drug offenses from certain time periods (so many thousands of people), or start and push legislation to stop the war on drugs, require mandatory change and extra funding for police stations to go through racial sensitivity training, renewed standards, etc. etc. so many more things, this isn't **** :rip: Honestly, every once and a while I get the sense that Trump is truly just an idiot, like yes he's racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. but he's ultimately lacking in judgment, maturity, and intellectual rigor or education. I wonder if he even knows why those things are wrong, or what they really mean :rip: 

Like, this act is appeasement and pandering yes, but its also not what his Alt-Right supporters want, and they are becoming more and more the new "Republican Base" or at least Trump's base. He has to know this, but he might be so stupid he doesn't care or he legit doesn't know:ahh:

Letters From Adi

He might just win another term, it seems...

DivaDown
On 6/8/2018 at 4:04 PM, iHype. said:

This is honestly going to make more people who dislike/hate see him in a positive light, rather than make his delusional supporters mad lol.

Sadly... THIS :skull: