Meghan is flopping in every metric with a DOA era and cheap videos

Needy

Because they're a terrible label

BlazingLovatic

AvrilLaQueen

because they're a bad record label

BlazingLovatic

Rico Shameless v2

5H became totally worthless once Camila left. Meghan sealed her fate releasing No/Me Too/that last album.

duybeeGAshantiGA

Cuz they know they dont have star and staying power like Ca Mi La or A Ri A Na 

Miss Korea
6 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

5H became totally worthless once Camila left. Meghan sealed her fate releasing No/Me Too/that last album.

Epic are the ones who released her album so :deadbanana4: And 5H was probably in a better place than Camila was until Epic mishandled them and Camila's team worked harder than the devil for her.

I will always say it but I think Camila has dirt on LA Reid so that's why he killed FH

BlazingLovatic

Americana

Epic was never good at managing eras. If acts don't take off immediately, they give up and just let them tank until the situation reaches a financial tipping point where it's cheaper to drop the act than keep them on.

HeWolf

Meghan's career was supposed to be over after AATB, so anything she has after that was a plus anyway.

Needy

One more thing I will also point out is the label is incapable of managing more than one successful act at a time. They were focused on Meghan for a while until her second era came around. Suddenly all her budget and promo got cut (we got the extremely cheap Me Too and Better videos and almost no promo) and Work From Home blew up and they made sure 5H was everyhwere. Until last year when Meghan was on a break and 5H started flopping because they shifted their attention to Zara Larsson, who failed to make it in the US. Finally, Camila would come up and become their focus and end Meghan and 5H once and for all

ihavequestions

Why would a record sabotage their own artists? Are some of you completely dumb? 

Epic is not a terrible label.

They simply didn't see any favorable opportunities in 5H and Meghan and so that's why they're not investing much money/pushing them as much as you would want them to.

Pushing them would make them lose money/earn too little, because literally nobody from the GP cares about 5H and only soccer-moms and gays like Meghan Trainor.

ihavequestions

They did the same to Camila with CITC and Havana at first.

They saw potential in Havana and then they pushed it.

They don't see potential in Sangria Wine and that's why it's flopping.

Needy
6 minutes ago, ihavequestions said:

only soccer-moms and gays like Meghan Trainor.

You're so clueless about this :rip: Gays (most of them) loathe Meghan ever since her body positive message with All About That Bass. And Epic is pushing Camila because they have no one else to push right now, its a terrible label and they will start paying her dust when a newer girl comes along and has one massive hit

GrandeVersace

Groups never last long and esp 5H who were mediocre at best. Meghan can survive though as an indie act cause she writes her stuff. She's not my type but she does her thing.

ihavequestions
51 minutes ago, MTrain said:

You're so clueless about this :rip: Gays (most of them) loathe Meghan ever since her body positive message with All About That Bass. And Epic is pushing Camila because they have no one else to push right now, its a terrible label and they will start paying her dust when a newer girl comes along and has one massive hit

Not all the gays hate people that are fat, that's a stereotype.

People simply have let her go... 

Sad Serenade

Like every (?) label: they push artists as long as they see success / potential. Epic has really pushed 5H until they 've seen That's My Girl wasn't going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, ihavequestions said:

They simply didn't see any favorable opportunities in 5H and Meghan and so that's why they're not investing much money/pushing them as much as you would want them to.

Pushing them would make them lose money/earn too little, because literally nobody from the GP cares about 5H and only soccer-moms and gays like Meghan Trainor.

2 hours ago, ihavequestions said:

basically this.

Mother Earth
15 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

This isn't even true. :ahh: This is only the story people tell after Camila blew up with "Havana" and the self-titled album underperformed. There was more hype for Fifth Harmony than ever following Camila's exit -- their reception and performance at the People's Choice Award left them with so much hype. It was handled so poorly though by their team and label, and thus, the group suffered greatly.

frankgutz

EPIC is trash, Mandy Moore was with them when pop girls could hit a #1 easily and they are the worst at doing eras/promo smh

XXI.

There were no obvious hits on Fifth Harmony's self-titled album, plus the label must have known long before it was announced that this would be their last project together. They probably didn't see the point in funding a project and further building artists that would be moving away from their label once this era was finished. Plus, Fifth Harmony did have some hype surrounding Down unfortunately the track was just a huge miss. I think that entire project was more so an ode to the fans than a project meant to be taken and promoted seriously.

As for Meghan... I've already shared my sentiments on her. The girl is confused. She wants to be taken as this sexy pop star but her music is far too gimmicky to be taken seriously. She should have stayed with her sound and image from her very first album. 

Harmonous
On 6/8/2018 at 4:38 AM, ihavequestions said:

Why would a record sabotage their own artists? Are some of you completely dumb? 

Epic is not a terrible label.

Obviously, Epic wouldn't go out their way to sabotage a money-making act that were just coming off the most successful era for any 2010's US girl group + hype from one member leaving. They just made stupid decisions that they somehow thought was the smart move at that time.

In retrospective, the whole Down single roll-out is actually catastrophic than I realized. They had another repetitive chorus w. lackluster bassline + the video/abortion (what even was the plot? 4 of them dressed as hoochie mamas and them filming at a run-down motel? Were they supposed to be prostitutes singing to their clients? Their image was already too sexual before that too). 

Not to mention, they had the AUDACITY to release Angel as a promo-only track & what? Once again, they were dolled up as cheap prostitutes in a cheap-ass 90's Instagram-filtered 4th year university film project. They should have cancelled He Like That (at that point, they jumped the gun on repetitive choruses + sexual "shock" videos :skull: *enough.gif*) & the extra funds should have been shifted to a proper Angel release with an expensive video. This whole rollout would have been like Havana being a promo track & having just the vertical video. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:40 AM, ihavequestions said:

Yet, they somehow didn't see the potential in Angel as official single-worthy material. Didn't Camila have to fight for Havana to be a single in the first place?

Truth Teller

Meghan killed Meghan's career. Epic has been treating her exceptionally. No Excuses is one of the most well promoted songs of the year and so were NO and Me Too in 2016. Even LYBR got cute promo. They make reasonable single choices for the most part and they do the best with what she gives them. Besides, she doesn't rely on the label to find songs. She makes her own. So the fact that her material is subpar is her fault.

5H's career is another thing though. The A&Rs did NOT get them good songs for their 3rd album and Down was definitely not the best lead choice (especially not with that cheap video). They wanted That's My Girl to be a lead which is hilarious. And they wasted Don't Say You Love Me which was screaming hit.

Alejandro_

Camila, Meghan and Jennifer Lopez are their biggest pop artists in 2018 I guess but Camila is definitely getting a much bigger push than either of them.

Meghan's new era really reminds me of 5H's last era. Film a ton of low-budget videos and put them out in a fast rate to help streaming/keep visibility but it ends up hurting the artist/era because they don't have much value even if the songs are good.

Meghan deserves better. 5H definitely deserved better.

DancingShoes

I think Epic is a **** record label but I can understand why both 5H and Meghan flopped. Down and No Excuses were both obvious trash choices for lead singles.