Jump to content
Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

bookreader

Which one do you prefer and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdmc218

90s R&B. It was more contemporary and more soulful.

 

I love more so early 00s R&B then what went on later. I think 00s got more into "urban R&B". And I'm not talking about this trash urban in the 10s. No. "Urban R&B".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madonnas

A lot of 00s R&B was super watered down, definitely a weak decade for the genre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
americanlife

2000s had more great, timeless R&B bops, but lots of it was also generic and the albums had lots of filler. The 90s had more quality and soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dabunique

90's cuz its my decade

 

Transitioning from traditional R&B in da beginning of da decade to then birth hip hop soul with legendary acts like MJB, R Kelly, Jodeci, SWV, Brandy, Monica, Usher, Aaliyah, Xscape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Floraholique

90s R&B before it became overproduced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P!nk Forever

2000 R&B because P!nk was part of it.:cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ariesjow

90s and it's not even a close call. The decade was probably the peak for the genre. You have all the great new jack swing in addition to strong vocalists early in the decade. The middle of the decade brought the massive mainstream success of artists like TLC, Aaliyah, Brandy, etc. The neo soul artists like Erykah Badu, Maxwell, Lauryn, etc. began to emerge towards the end of the decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bacardi

90s & 2010s R&B is miles better than 2000s R&B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
makeme
4 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

90s R&B. It was more contemporary and more soulful.

 

I love more so early 00s R&B then what went on later. I think 00s got more into "urban R&B". And I'm not talking about this trash urban in the 10s. No. "Urban R&B".

This. 

But 90s overall>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Javan

2000s. 90s was oversatuated Babyface ballads.

 

both are superior to 10s tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevonRoars
18 hours ago, ariesjow said:

90s and it's not even a close call. The decade was probably the peak for the genre. You have all the great new jack swing in addition to strong vocalists early in the decade. The middle of the decade brought the massive mainstream success of artists like TLC, Aaliyah, Brandy, etc. The neo soul artists like Erykah Badu, Maxwell, Lauryn, etc. began to emerge towards the end of the decade. 

 

18 hours ago, dabunique said:

90's cuz its my decade

 

Transitioning from traditional R&B in da beginning of da decade to then birth hip hop soul with legendary acts like MJB, R Kelly, Jodeci, SWV, Brandy, Monica, Usher, Aaliyah, Xscape

90s definitely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith

 

18 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Late 90s/early 00s. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AxelFox
18 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Late 90s/early 00s. 

Best period in music in general tbh

 

I'd give ANYTHING to be able to relieve those time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dabunique
47 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

 

90s definitely 

slay me with ur avatar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highwind44029

90's. The gap in quality is just way too massive, especially when the 90's had really really good pure R&B songs without the ****ty ass gimmick of having featured rappers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasty
19 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Late 90s/early 00s. 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImsoLOUD

Definitely 90’s considering R&B borderline died at the end of the 00’s. That’s why a lot R&B artists careers stagnated/failed. Or had to try to crossover to pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ECNEICSNOC

90s >>> 10s >>>>> 00s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
conatus

'90s. Early '00s R&B was also good, but the lull from ~2006/7 to 2010 was... :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A Little Unruly

90s overall, but early 00s >>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AvrilLaQueen

90s :jonny5: 

 

although Alicia Keys made several points in 00s :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites