Jump to content

Avril Lavigne signs to new label; releasing "extremely soon"

210 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Six
3 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

at this point I'd even take Dr. Luke as her producer. Omfg this record label is tragic, I was literally crying out of frustration. I hate this woman so much, ruining her commercial career by pulling off another Goodbye Lullaby flop mess only without those forced hit songs that LA Reid wanted her so she could have a decent comeback.

 

raw

She doesn't need forced hits. She can put out an album and sell it with her name believe it or not. Forced hits were haming her more than anything. she needs some grown ass woman music ASAP. I'm glad she realises that.

 

GP isn't here for Girlfriend and Here's To Never Growing Up kind of songs. She needs to bring something truly hers, be it as simple as a piano ballad or Ed kind of songs. She's proven she's good with ballads, why not stick to that genre if that's what she's feeling.

 

Seriously, we've had enough with What The Hell and Girlfriend type of songs. I love them but they need to stay in our playlists from back in the day. 

 

Going Ed Sheeran is SMART. If she could pull the female Ed Sheeran/Adele of this year she would have an amazing comeback.

 

She's got the pipes, the looks, the fans and her image is getting stronger and less ridicule. She has what it takes now but she NEEDS a good producer, otherwise she might just do concerts on Youtube. She needs to spend some bucks and get Max Martin and Ryan Tedder and people who know what works and what doesn't. No ex-husbands producing your songs please, Avril. Get a grip.

 

EDIT: all this mess brought me to my knees and made me buy AL from itunes even tho I have the CD :rip:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
legendlavigne

I agree that good producers are crucial in the outcome and quality of the songs. Won't be happy if Chad is a producer on songs on the album, I wasn't a fan of his production on AL at all. I am hopeful she is very serious about releasing quality music though, with her health problems as well as her divorce, I think she has great topics to touch on with this album (regarding coming out on the other side). She is also serving maturity in the video she posted on the piano which also makes me hopeful for AL6, it's what we need from her at this point. As much as we would all love her to be a huge mainstream success again, I'm honestly more focussing on the quality of the album. If she gives us 13-16 amazing new songs, I won't be too concerned with the album going Top 5 or having a Top 20 single. I'd rather she have acclaim and visible musical progression and growth for the fans and GP to witness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffy

I don't even care if she makes a huge comeback as a mainstream artist. Vanessa Carlton is a prime example of someone who was a one hit wonder and continually puts out amazing quality albums on indie labels. I just want actual good music from Avril again and NO compromises. I hated how she had to compromise her vision on Goodbye Lullaby and Self-titled. You'd have half the album being stupid floppy hits and half of what she actually wanted.

 

I'm gonna be real honest. The GP doesn't care what kind of music Avril makes. Do they even check in on her or use her music today? Highly doubt it. She only has her loyal fanbase to satisfy at this point in her career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heels Over Head

Oh cool so that was what they were recording at her house. :duca: But correct me if I'm wrong: BMG is not under Sony right?

 

And yall are being extra with the whole Ed & Shawn thing. :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Lewymocha-
19 minutes ago, Heels Over Head said:

Oh cool so that was what they were recording at her house. :duca: But correct me if I'm wrong: BMG is not under Sony right?

 

And yall are being extra with the whole Ed & Shawn thing. :skull:

Ed and Shawn are mega successful and completely relevant in a real songwriter way. So I agree, these are great influences. Finally she's listening to relevant music while writing instead of the usual Blink 182, Alanis, Ramones BS she gave for 15 years. 

 

BMG US are not under Sony. I believe they're mainly a publishing agency but sign smaller artists as a record label. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
popmusic

Wow, so BMG try to come back as recording company and I'm sure they'll give her huge promotion - BMG want to say 'Look, we're not only one of the biggest indie publisher but also great label'. 

 

In fact they still need to cooperate with majors. For example they don't have office in Poland so BMG publishing is under sub-publishing of universal and recording part is administrated by Magic Records (part of Universal Poland). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alfred

I just feel like it's possible to make "meaningful," "deep" songs about her struggles with top notch studio engineering, vocal production, and commercial/radio-friendly production. And maybe that's what she's hinting at with the Ed and Shawn reference; how they make radio pop that has some emotional resonance. That little video promo is cute but I can't lie: seeing her sitting at a piano with her long bleached hair which looks dry doesn't scream innovative or new. I hope she pulls it together and makes a cohesive visual theme and strong, well produced music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KKCuteCat

You girls still care about charts? If so, you should stan for someone who is more relevant like Ari or Selena. 

 

 

I'm happy she's an indie now. At least she can release whatever she wants to. The only bad thing is that i hear BMG don't work with VEVO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexy Boy

Well, hopefully this BMG **** knows at least how to send a song to radio.

 

I am not obsessed with charts, but when your fave has an uncharted era and doesn't even send singles to radio, with the only promotion being 3 radio interviews and 1 performance, that is no fun for me at all.

 

I stan for Nelly Furtado so I know what I'm talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AvrilLaQueen
12 hours ago, Six said:

She doesn't need forced hits. She can put out an album and sell it with her name believe it or not. Forced hits were haming her more than anything. she needs some grown ass woman music ASAP. I'm glad she realises that.

 

GP isn't here for Girlfriend and Here's To Never Growing Up kind of songs. She needs to bring something truly hers, be it as simple as a piano ballad or Ed kind of songs. She's proven she's good with ballads, why not stick to that genre if that's what she's feeling.

 

Seriously, we've had enough with What The Hell and Girlfriend type of songs. I love them but they need to stay in our playlists from back in the day. 

 

Going Ed Sheeran is SMART. If she could pull the female Ed Sheeran/Adele of this year she would have an amazing comeback.

 

She's got the pipes, the looks, the fans and her image is getting stronger and less ridicule. She has what it takes now but she NEEDS a good producer, otherwise she might just do concerts on Youtube. She needs to spend some bucks and get Max Martin and Ryan Tedder and people who know what works and what doesn't. No ex-husbands producing your songs please, Avril. Get a grip.

 

EDIT: all this mess brought me to my knees and made me buy AL from itunes even tho I have the CD :rip:

 

 

this!!

2 hours ago, Exposé said:

Well, hopefully this BMG **** knows at least how to send a song to radio.

 

I am not obsessed with charts, but when your fave has an uncharted era and doesn't even send singles to radio, with the only promotion being 3 radio interviews and 1 performance, that is no fun for me at all.

 

I stan for Nelly Furtado so I know what I'm talking about.

yeah, that too! She will literally have no radio airplay because this record label has no radio connections ughh 

 

People acting as we shouldn't care about commercial success, but as a real fan, you should! You would wanna have your fave succeed, be played on the radio and do TV performances and interviews and go to award shows and make the music that she's been working hard on to a bigger audience!

 

She better come to Billboard Music Awards, if they invite her, in a Make America Great Again dress so that conservatives would spend coins on ha song and send it Top 5 on Billboard chart tbh!

 

00e987e54135441e1b82f04f3c3e698b.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EDD

Really happy 'bout the news! Blink 182 released "California" under BMG, and they did a GREAT job promoting the album... Nickelback also recently signed with them and their new music is also being well-promoted by the label. Another band that have signed with them in the past year is Evanescence, they might release their new album under BMG next year. So, they've been paving their way signing big artists and already had a great comeback in their bag. I guess they'll widely promote her new music, she's probably their biggest (or one of their biggest) artists. They built a great reputation if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Lewymocha-
3 hours ago, EDD said:

Really happy 'bout the news! Blink 182 released "California" under BMG, and they did a GREAT job promoting the album... Nickelback also recently signed with them and their new music is also being well-promoted by the label. Another band that have signed with them in the past year is Evanescence, they might release their new album under BMG next year. So, they've been paving their way signing big artists and already had a great comeback in their bag. I guess they'll widely promote her new music, she's probably their biggest (or one of their biggest) artists. They built a great reputation if you ask me.

Wow that's a great feat to have! I'm excited now. It reminds me of Arista records! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackStar_93

SO damn excited about this. It's so refreshing to see she's feeling well again and also passionate about her art. Avril deserves far more recognition than she gets, I mean her writing credits alone are eons above 99% of other popular artists today. I also feel for her, because her past two labels have stripped her of her singer-songwriter vibe in favor of 'pop hits'. Her past two records had solid, beautifully written and recorded songs which were diluted with the obvious "written for radio" songs. Like half of AL was indie-pop (Hello Heartache, GYWYL etc) and the image suited it perfectly, however these songs were then disjointed due to the generic pop stuff. Goodbye Lullaby backfired on RCA when they forced her back into the studio for "hits", only for the album to perform the way it did. It sounds like she's finally found a label who are willing to let her take full creative control. 

 

One thing that I'm confused about, in the Billboard interview she says she's finished writing and she's looking for someone to produce the album - but her team (Mike, Gabe and Rodney etc) are giving us the impression they've heard the material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Afferty
23 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

at this point I'd even take Dr. Luke as her producer. Omfg this record label is tragic, I was literally crying out of frustration. I hate this woman so much, ruining her commercial career by pulling off another Goodbye Lullaby flop mess only without those forced hit songs that LA Reid wanted her so she could have a decent comeback.

 

raw

 

Oops looks like the new era's meltdowns will be from pop Avril fans :gaycat2:

 

UMS & Let Go avril fans are probably super hyped right now :gaycat3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Lewymocha-
On 2/3/2017 at 1:02 PM, BlackStar_93 said:

SO damn excited about this. It's so refreshing to see she's feeling well again and also passionate about her art. Avril deserves far more recognition than she gets, I mean her writing credits alone are eons above 99% of other popular artists today. I also feel for her, because her past two labels have stripped her of her singer-songwriter vibe in favor of 'pop hits'. Her past two records had solid, beautifully written and recorded songs which were diluted with the obvious "written for radio" songs. Like half of AL was indie-pop (Hello Heartache, GYWYL etc) and the image suited it perfectly, however these songs were then disjointed due to the generic pop stuff. Goodbye Lullaby backfired on RCA when they forced her back into the studio for "hits", only for the album to perform the way it did. It sounds like she's finally found a label who are willing to let her take full creative control. 

 

One thing that I'm confused about, in the Billboard interview she says she's finished writing and she's looking for someone to produce the album - but her team (Mike, Gabe and Rodney etc) are giving us the impression they've heard the material. 

They are not her team. They are her friends, except for Mike who does branding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Lewymocha-
On 2/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, Afferty said:

 

Oops looks like the new era's meltdowns will be from pop Avril fans :gaycat2:

 

UMS & Let Go avril fans are probably super hyped right now :gaycat3:

Them two and Goodbye Lullaby are her best albums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Six
4 minutes ago, -Lewymocha- said:

Them two and Goodbye Lullaby are her best albums. 

My favourite album remains The Best Damn Thing. I freaking love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QueenofCopyPaste

Why do I have a feeling the lead single will be a ballad :jonny: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ariel

:duca:

 

I'ma have to listen to her discog again.

 

Nothing will ever top LG/UMS tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhoebeBuffay
10 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

Why do I have a feeling the lead single will be a ballad :jonny: 

If it's a strong ballad like Wish You Were Here then release it!

 

I think we're getting the single announcement later this month. Her manager is teasing a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites