Game of Thrones | The Iron Throne | Do y'all hear sumn?

42,221 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Icarus said:

The tiny difference, of course, being that Varys was trying to kill her :flower:

but carry on

BaD WriTiNg!

So you think this show is well written? :ahh:

23 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

The best and most fair video you’ll see on this situation: 

thanks for posting this, it basically sums up all that was said here #bEsTsEaSoNeVeR

26 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I do agree with a Lot in this video, but i disagree with her having no Option: She did have a right and wrong Option when leaving Essos. In hindsight, it wouldve been better to stay there. She was told she wouldnt be met with sympathy or friendly faces in Westeros.

Her greed was her downfall because she believed it was her destiny to rule Westeros and "take back what was hers".

2 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I do agree with a Lot in this video, but i disagree with her having no Option: She did have a right and wrong Option when leaving Essos. In hindsight, it wouldve been better to stay there. She was told she wouldnt be met with sympathy or friendly faces in Westeros.

Her greed was her downfall because she believed it was her destiny to rule Westeros and "take back what was hers".

literally in the part where viserys wants to sell her to drogo she pleads 'i want to go home'... GrEeD :rip:

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

literally in the part where viserys wants to sell her to drogo she pleads 'i want to go home'... GrEeD :rip:

U cant compare sth she said in season 1 as a literal child in exile to the decision she made after succeeding in everything up to basically being THE Force in the entirety Essos. :rip:

21 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

But she wanted to be queen? That’s the point of the show. Would have been a little silly for her to stay in Essos when her entire arc was about learning how to rule. 

Starks can rule Winterfell, Lannisters can rule Casterly Rock , the Dornish can rule dorne because it's all their destiny/these places belongs to them.

But suddenly Dany's greedy because she wants to do the same and rule from her ancestral home? The one she was chased out from?

So highborns can only be Westerosi rulers if they are not Targaryens? 

36 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I don't get how u can be defending this sis :jonny2:   There's nothing greedy about wanting to be the Queen, which she was the rightful ruler anyway (until she found out about Jon Snow)....  that's not greedy, it's Game of thrones. :rip:  She was the most fair ruler/lord/queen out of ANYONE on the show ever.  And suddenly she is the worst, evil, mad, a terrorist..?  Just nah. 

29 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

U cant compare sth she said in season 1 as a literal child in exile to the decision she made after succeeding in everything up to basically being THE Force in the entirety Essos. :rip:

suddenly she was a child and what she said didn't mean anything but y'all sure do love bringing up her Season 2 "I will burn cities to the ground" meltdown after almost dying from dehydration  :rip: 

7 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

suddenly she was a child and what she said didn't mean anything but y'all sure do love bringing up her Season 2 "I will burn cities to the ground" meltdown after almost dying from dehydration  :rip: 

like i wanna reason with such people but the bending and twisting of arguments just to fit their narrative .. d&d teas

18 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Starks can rule Winterfell, Lannisters can rule Casterly Rock , the Dornish can rule dorne because it's all their destiny/these places belongs to them.

But suddenly Dany's greedy because she wants to do the same and rule from her ancestral home? The one she was chased out from?

So highborns can only be Westerosi rulers if they are not Targaryens? 

points made

EpABu1E.gif

2 minutes ago, Ressti said:

:dies:

a year ago, thinking the best outcome from GoT's final season 

would be its memes :dies:

shinypeacefulgreathor0lkzv.gif

40 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Actually, she has been reiterating the fact that she's searching for a home throughout the show, but in different ways. In the books its even more pronounced. Her feeling out of place everywhere she goes is a huge part of her characterisation. 

When you're writing a character that character has to have a purpose that drives them; A "want". For Daenerys it's to return to Westeros and take back the Iron Throne in the name of her family. But there has to be an underlying conflict; Their "need". Daenerys' need, which she was explicit about in the beginning (in order to signal to the reader/viewer what it is she actually wanted all along), is her need for home [and family]. A character's wants and needs usually don't align, even though they're connected in some way.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly after the episode in which Brienne and Jaime finally consummated her unrequited love (after which Jaimie left Brienne in tears to return to Cersei), Christie said she was so dismayed by the character turn that she needed to go for a walk. Asked if she had questions for Benioff and Weiss after reading the script, Christie said yes.

“……I think about women and in the way they’re portrayed in the media and the way they’re treated in society. [Playing Brienne] has challenged many of my beliefs and has been really resonant. So there were some things I didn’t expect. If there’s a character you care about and you feel like they go through some sort of hell, you feel protective toward them. Also, because of the modern world you live in, you’re aware of how other people react to the character. There’s a feeling of wanting to honor the character and also to bring her to life.”

Headey said her reaction was “mixed” when she first read the death scene, adding, “I wanted her to have some big piece or fight with somebody.”

“…It was kind of frustrating. As a whole, it’s been overwhelmingly positive and brilliant, but I suppose the last couple seasons weren’t my favorite,” - Conneth Hill

While Emmanuel said she was very thankful for the show and its fans after the episode aired, she later reflected in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that she appreciated the criticism directed at the show for how it handled Missandei’s death.

But even Asbæk wasn’t above making a joke about some of the final season’s plotting. Asked by Vulture why Euron’s aim got so much worse between episodes (after he previously was able to shoot down Rhaegal but couldn’t manage to do the same thing to Drogon), Asbæk quipped, “Because they needed it for the storyline?”

https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/game-of-thrones-stars-criticize-final-season-8/?__twitter_impression=true

Oh my :fan:

Emilia's acting in her last moments in that episode when the bells started ringing was incredible. Especially knowing that she hated what her character had become, you have to give her credit for still being fully committed to that shot.

1 hour ago, Bey Admired said:

Haven‘t watched this but the title itself perfectly sums up the core problem of Dany‘s arc.

The plot twist of Dany is not well written. Imagine if in Star Wars Luke decides to join the Empire in the throne room scene. It would be a shocking twist but terrible writing because it would be completely out of character and would not make any sense in Luke‘s arc. And yet people could say it was foreshadowed. After all major themes and dialogues in SW concern the corrupting effect of power and the value of family. The emporer is offering Luke power and Darth Vader is family after all.

But foreshadowing is not storytelling.

15 minutes ago, Ressti said:

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly after the episode in which Brienne and Jaime finally consummated her unrequited love (after which Jaimie left Brienne in tears to return to Cersei), Christie said she was so dismayed by the character turn that she needed to go for a walk. Asked if she had questions for Benioff and Weiss after reading the script, Christie said yes.

“……I think about women and in the way they’re portrayed in the media and the way they’re treated in society. [Playing Brienne] has challenged many of my beliefs and has been really resonant. So there were some things I didn’t expect. If there’s a character you care about and you feel like they go through some sort of hell, you feel protective toward them. Also, because of the modern world you live in, you’re aware of how other people react to the character. There’s a feeling of wanting to honor the character and also to bring her to life.”

Headey said her reaction was “mixed” when she first read the death scene, adding, “I wanted her to have some big piece or fight with somebody.”

“…It was kind of frustrating. As a whole, it’s been overwhelmingly positive and brilliant, but I suppose the last couple seasons weren’t my favorite,” - Conneth Hill

While Emmanuel said she was very thankful for the show and its fans after the episode aired, she later reflected in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that she appreciated the criticism directed at the show for how it handled Missandei’s death.

But even Asbæk wasn’t above making a joke about some of the final season’s plotting. Asked by Vulture why Euron’s aim got so much worse between episodes (after he previously was able to shoot down Rhaegal but couldn’t manage to do the same thing to Drogon), Asbæk quipped, “Because they needed it for the storyline?”

https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/game-of-thrones-stars-criticize-final-season-8/?__twitter_impression=true

Oh my :fan:

Where are the cersei stans who said their fave got the most beautiful and appropriate death scene they could ask for? :ahh:

i thought missandei’s death was perfect. they skipped over her capture, which was stupid, but her actual death was an amazing scene.

i think dany’s build up is fine. it’s obvious she burned the city down cuz she was an emotional mess. she was angry, she had power, she did something about it. she was never an extremely morally good character like jon in the first place. i don’t think she’s “gone mad” just yet i still think it was a temper tantrum. and if she shows regret in the last episode then yea. but we’ll see.

A mother loses two of her three children, one unnecessarily for a foolish cause, and is surrounded by people who are openly betraying her or do not trust her. Her two right hand men have led her to ruin - one being completely incompetent and the other trying to outright murder her. The man who loved her is dead, her best friend was ruthlessly murdered, and her armies have been nearly exterminated - and no one is grateful for her help after all that she has lost. Even the man she loved will no longer reciprocate his love to her. After all the good she has done throughout the world, saving slaves, riding towns of warlords and slave owners, giving all her power to end the White Walkers and the Night King - she has nothing and no one but her child and the goal she set out for from the beginning: conquest.

Reading it out like this is so compelling and tragic. You can see how someone under these circumstances would snap and finally say “enough.” The recipe is there for one of the saddest arcs in television. But the execution just isn’t there, we haven’t even gotten scenes of her mourning these individual things. We don’t see her totally distraught until the very beginning of the last episode. Her trajectory leading to this moment makes sense but it is told to us and not shown. Just one episode could have set the stage for this (ideally an entire season). Emilia clearly has the chops for it. 

It is very sad to me that they rushed this when it could have been fantastic.

9 minutes ago, Truffle. said:

i thought missandei’s death was perfect. they skipped over her capture, which was stupid, but her actual death was an amazing scene.

that whole scene is probably the worst in the show tbh, Nothing about it made sense

"Ultimately, she is who she is and that's a Targaryen. She has said repeatedly throughout the show, 'I will take what is mine with fire and blood,' and in this episode, she does it." - David Benioff

the ending... yikes Varys was all on the fire and blood train huh? a mAd MaN :mazen: