Game of Thrones | The Iron Throne | Do y'all hear sumn?

42,392 posts in this topic

Why do I feel like Got wouldve been cancelled by everyone after the Red Wedding if it wasnt for the fact the books were already written and offered a followup? People are so sensitive becazse things happened that didnt go their way. Like chill, its just a series.

Why do I feel like Got wouldve been cancelled by everyone after the Red Wedding if it wasnt for the fact the books were already written and offered a followup? People are so sensitive becazse things happened that didnt go their way. Like chill, its just a series.

rewatching season 8 episode 1... :cries:  it had so much promise and they ****ed everything up

So I was just thinking about the missandre thing. Why did dany wait til she get killed by cersei before attacking kings landing? She could have just burned the city down before missandre was executed and possibly save her. It just shows how the writers twist everything to fit their own narrative 

34 minutes ago, vamp said:

So I was just thinking about the missandre thing. Why did dany wait til she get killed by cersei before attacking kings landing? She could have just burned the city down before missandre was executed and possibly save her. It just shows how the writers twist everything to fit their own narrative 

But she did try to infiltrate the city. Remember her dragon was killed and Missandre was captured :psyduck:

As for if she intended to burn the city at that time, I don't think so. Missandre being killed was kind of the catalyst for that.

3 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

But she did try to infiltrate the city. Remember her dragon was killed and Missandre was captured :psyduck:

As for if she intended to burn the city at that time, I don't think so. Missandre being killed was kind of the catalyst for that.

Ya but she was waiting outside the gates when missandre was executed. She could have been on her dragon burning the city.

2 minutes ago, vamp said:

Ya but she was waiting outside the gates when missandre was executed. She could have been on her dragon burning the city.

They had the big arrows pointing directly at her dragon though. Even if she did get the dragon to burn them he would probably kill Missandre since she's so close to Cersei.

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Nobody is mad because things "didn't go their way" - they're mad because the writing is bad, rushed and inconsistent, and they are thrasing seasons of character development just for the sake of shock value. We literally said this hundreds of times. Is this concept too hard to digest? 

16 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

some points were made 

AHHHHH the GP are coming to their senses. We’re finally accepting Dany for who she is. Over-dramatic haters keep losing. Maybe the show isn’t RuiNeD after all 

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Red Wedding was shocking but plausible - actually a lot. We know main characters were untouchable in every other TV shows, but this wasn't the case with GOT back then (Jon Snow should have remained dead as well).

Now they're destroying characters to the point they're unrecognizable (someone who never watched GOT would have thought Daenerys and her troop were the 'bad guys', while Cersei and Jaime were the 'good ones' :rip:). Yeah, people change and they're complex (not entirely "good" or "bad") but the way they're doing it it's rushed, incompetent and doesn't make sense.

There's also this machismo side of it who's telling us Daenerys went mad because Jon Snow didn't want her back ("let it be fear"). Basically the resentful woman story we always hear, and the male heroes with values (Jon and Tyrion) + jealous/envious woman (Sansa) who can distinguish crazy women.

Lmfao It’s been years since I’ve been on here but I thought I’d come on and see what the girls were thinking about these atrocious crimes. 

Yall I am so ANGRY!!! Like I will never get over this SHITE!!! anyone saying people are mad because things didn’t go their way or we expected a happy ending need to stfu. Literally nobody watching got/read the books expected a fairytale ending. But we did expect consistency and good writing. Yeah we know the show has been shocking but most of those things made SENSE!! Ned dying made sense, red wedding made sense, because the characters choices led them to that point. We were mad and sad but we understood. But this?? BS!! What has Jon Snow done all season or even last season? His character has completely been watered down to “she’s my queen” “I don’t want it” The night king was his story arc and they gave it to Arya because it had to be shocking lmfaooo ok. Jaime?? Wtf 8 seasons of character development gone. Bran?? Taking a nap during the Battle lol like Hodor, summer and jorjen died for nothing smh. Now Dany omg we all know she can be ruthless but she has never hurt innocent people before. It literally made no sense for her to burn the whole city when she had won. D&D said she snapped because she saw the red keep, and it reminded her of everything that was taken from her, but she let Jaime live WHEN HE WAS THE ONE TO KILL HER FATHER. Make it make sense. She saved Jon TWICE during the stupid Battle of Winterfell AFTER she found out he had a claim to throne and that was 2 episodes ago (oh she also sacrificed everything to save the living but now she’s killing them okay) but you want me to believe she’s suddenly so power hungry that she’d kill thousands of innocent people. And the biggest dud of it all is Cersei dying from DEBRIS! Oh god what type of crack was Dumb & Dumber smoking when they wrote this garbage? 

6 hours ago, azii said:

Can Bran warg into a dragon?

I was waiting for him to this during all of episode 3 but alas 

5 minutes ago, KhaleesiMiley said:

Lmfao It’s been years since I’ve been on here but I thought I’d come on and see what the girls were thinking about these atrocious crimes. 

Yall I am so ANGRY!!! Like I will never get over this SHITE!!! anyone saying people are mad because things didn’t go their way or we expected a happy ending need to stfu. Literally nobody watching got/read the books expected a fairytale ending. But we did expect consistency and good writing. Yeah we know the show has been shocking but most of those things made SENSE!! Ned dying made sense, red wedding made sense, because the characters choices led them to that point. We were mad and sad but we understood. But this?? BS!! What has Jon Snow done all season or even last season? His character has completely been watered down to “she’s my queen” “I don’t want it” The night king was his story arc and they gave it to Arya because it had to be shocking lmfaooo ok. Jaime?? Wtf 8 seasons of character development gone. Bran?? Taking a nap during the Battle lol like Hodor, summer and jorjen died for nothing smh. Now Dany omg we all know she can be ruthless but she has never hurt innocent people before. It literally made no sense for her to burn the whole city when she had won. D&D said she snapped because she saw the red keep, and it reminded her of everything that was taken from her, but she let Jaime live WHEN HE WAS THE ONE TO KILL HER FATHER. Make it make sense. She saved Jon TWICE during the stupid Battle of Winterfell AFTER she found out he had a claim to throne and that was 2 episodes ago (oh she also sacrificed everything to save the living but now she’s killing them okay) but you want me to believe she’s suddenly so power hungry that she’d kill thousands of innocent people. And the biggest dud of it all is Cersei dying from DEBRIS! Oh god what type of crack was Dumb & Dumber smoking when they wrote this garbage? 

By the looks of it EP6 will be even WORSE....wooo the incoming controversy and meltdowns when this show serves us the STUPIDEST AND WORST ENDING OF ALL TIME will be a MESS....I’m readTy....literally no one will be satisfied....I-...

26bNg5e.gif

5 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

By the looks of it EP6 will be even WORSE....wooo the incoming controversy and meltdowns when this show serves us the STUPIDEST AND WORST ENDING OF ALL TIME will be a MESS....I’m readTy....literally no one will be satisfied....I-...

26bNg5e.gif

I read the leaks before ep 5 and I was like nah bells?? That’s the stupidest thing ever 💀 turns out I’m a clown 🤡 but yeah if the leaks are true (so far they are) then wow. They ruined everyone’s character arcs just to justify Dany going mad lol 

1 minute ago, KhaleesiMiley said:

I read the leaks before ep 5 and I was like nah bells?? That’s the stupidest thing ever 💀 turns out I’m a clown 🤡 but yeah if the leaks are true (so far they are) then wow. They ruined everyone’s character arcs just to justify Dany going mad lol 

EP6 will be one HUGE joke and a middlefinger to everyone that ever watched this show....D&D deserve to be threathened for the rest of their live...

26bNg5e.gif

8 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

EP6 will be one HUGE joke and a middlefinger to everyone that ever watched this show....D&D deserve to be threathened for the rest of their live...

26bNg5e.gif

I need Disney to shred that Star Wars contract right now!! But then again it will be fun seeing the ruthless Star Wars fans come after them lol. They need to be tried for these crimes 

53 minutes ago, KhaleesiMiley said:

Its just funny to me that most of ur complaints can be countered.

Just like Jon Arya has prepared her entire life for a final strike like that.

Jamie being dependent in Cersei is not out of character. I agree with the fact it could ve been told better, maybe him concerning he didnt feel anything while sleeping witj Brienne, but Cersei and Jamie always had tjis sick bond.

Bran was there to move forward the reveal of jons true identity.

Comparing the Jamie Situation with the walkers right around their gate with her completely snapping after having lost her closest people is also bs.

With so little episodes and the overhype GoT had it was bound to displease people. But the overreacrion is a bit too much imho.

2 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Its just funny to me that most of ur complaints can be countered.

Just like Jon Arya has prepared her entire life for a final strike like that.

Jamie being dependent in Cersei is not out of character. I agree with the fact it could ve been told better, maybe him concerning he didnt feel anything while sleeping witj Brienne, but Cersei and Jamie always had tjis sick bond.

Bran was there to move forward the reveal of jons true identity.

Comparing the Jamie Situation with the walkers right around their gate with her completely snapping after having lost her closest people is also bs.

With so little episodes and the overhype GoT had it was bound to displease people. But the overreacrion is a bit too much imho.

you didn't counter any complaints, sis, you just took the "excuse for every bad writing decision" bait D&D tried to use  :rip: 

15 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

interesting read

MANY points were made:

Organic developments gave way to contrivance. Naturally-paced character arcs were rushed. Living plants became puppets of the plot. The characters just weren’t in charge anymore. The ending was. /22

The audience fell in love with one kind of show, but the ending is being imported from a different kind of show. Now, I happen to think the finale will stick the landing. It’s what the showrunners have been building toward these past two seasons, after all. /26

But to be satisfying, it matters how we get there, too. Treating the journey as equally important is how you get endings that feel earned. And it’s how characters keep feeling real the whole way through, even though they’re completing arcs some writer has chosen for them. /27

By placing so much emphasis on the ending, the showrunners changed the nature of the story they were telling, meaning the original story and the original characters aren’t the ones getting an ending. Their substitutes are. /28

That’s why no amount of spectacle or fan service can make this ending as satisfying as it should be. Resolutions invite us to consider the story as a whole; where it all started, where it all ended up. And we can feel the discontinuity in this one. /29

17 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

you didn't counter any complaints, sis, you just took the "excuse for every bad writing decision" bait D&D tried to use  :rip: 

I dont know, to me the only true criticism lies in the fact it was rushed due to the Lack of Episodes. The plot points themselves do fit imho. 

22 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

People have been bending backwards trying to defend this mess lol even D&D we’re struggling to come up with good reasons to explain why these characters completely changed from the end of S7 to now 

22 minutes ago, KhaleesiMiley said:

People have been bending backwards trying to defend this mess lol even D&D we’re struggling to come up with good reasons to explain why these characters completely changed from the end of S7 to now 

But its not like u cant explain it. You can after all.