Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Game of Thrones | 32 Emmy Nominations

43,740 posts in this topic

I mean, he's got the hair for it. No need to wear a wig like Emilia. Has anybody seen The Last Dragon on set yet?

yF1LmYU.gif

10 minutes ago, Shakira Stan said:

This alleged Rhaegar Targaryen tho... Let's just

say that season 7 will fully quench my thirst.

yF1LmYU.gif

WHEW LORD. I'm ready.

Thirsty_Patrick.png

nnn I see what

Spoiler

Lyanna

saw in him. Poor

Spoiler

Robert

couldn't compete :smitten:

edit: mess, didn't realize how ugly spoiler tags are on newTRL. whatever.

Just now, Alejandrawrrr said:

nnn I see what

Reveal hidden contents

Lyanna

saw in him. Poor

Reveal hidden contents

Robert

couldn't compete :smitten:

Isn't that the tea :lipton2:

lisa-vanderpump-cheers-gif

3 minutes ago, Darren-5-08 said:

:smitten:

Young Daddy tbh :smitten: 

21 minutes ago, Shakira Stan said:

I mean, he's got the hair for it. No need to wear a wig like Emilia. Has anybody seen The Last Dragon on set yet?

yF1LmYU.gif

I'm shook.

By the way, I recently started rewatching the entire series (currently wrapping up season 1), and I know I'm LATE as **** and this has probably been said a million times, but I just realized that the magic used to summon Daenerys' dragons, in part, was probably based on all the lives lost throughout her story. Given the way magic tends to work in this universe, being sacrificial, carrying a heavy price, and rarely having obvious cause-effect payoffs, I think all of her loved ones who died since she acquired the eggs were definitely unwitting blood sacrifices:

Khal Drogo - Drogon, her beloved, the dragon who listens to her most.
Rhaego, her unborn child - Rhaegal. More obedient than Viserion, but she still can't ride it.
Viserys - Viserion, the dragon who doesn't listen to her and lashed out, much like how Viserys was always yelling at/being abusive to her.

The naming connections are pretty obvious, but where this gets interesting is when you get into the "dragon rider" theories. I think

Spoiler

Jon riding Rhaegal is pretty obvious, we now know R+L=J (well it's 99% confirmed, they just didn't spell it out all the way), thus making Jon the son of Rhaegar, ie: making him the person most worthy of being named after Rhaegar in the GOT universe, and as Daenerys' nephew the closest thing she has and/or likely ever will have to a son.

Since most people already suspect him to be a rider, I find the third one most interesting. It makes me believe the spoiler that (major season 7 alleged finale spoiler)

Spoiler

Viserion will be killed and risen as a WW dragon by the Night's King, as that would be fitting given both the roles Viserion and Viserys played. That flies in the face of all the speculation that it would be Tyrion (I feel like they would have showed us he was capable already, and it just wouldn't seem right).

44 minutes ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

By the way, I recently started rewatching the entire series (currently wrapping up season 1), and I know I'm LATE as **** and this has probably been said a million times, but I just realized that the magic used to summon Daenerys' dragons, in part, was probably based on all the lives lost throughout her story. Given the way magic tends to work in this universe, being sacrificial, carrying a heavy price, and rarely having obvious cause-effect payoffs, I think all of her loved ones who died since she acquired the eggs were definitely unwitting blood sacrifices:

Rhaego, her unborn child - Rhaegal. More obedient than Viserion, but she still can't ride it.
Viserys - Viserion, the dragon who doesn't listen to her and lashed out, much like how Viserys was always yelling at/being abusive to her.

The naming connections are pretty obvious, but where this gets interesting is when you get into the "dragon rider" theories. I think

Reveal hidden contents

Jon riding Rhaegal is pretty obvious, we now know R+L=J (well it's 99% confirmed, they just didn't spell it out all the way), thus making Jon the son of Rhaegar, ie: making him the person most worthy of being named after Rhaegar in the GOT universe, and as Daenerys' nephew the closest thing she has and/or likely ever will have to a son.

Since most people already suspect him to be a rider, I find the third one most interesting. It makes me believe the spoiler that (major season 7 alleged finale spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Viserion will be killed and risen as a WW dragon by the Night's King, as that would be fitting given both the roles Viserion and Viserys played. That flies in the face of all the speculation that it would be Tyrion (I feel like they would have showed us he was capable already, and it just wouldn't seem right).

Pretty much. Dany hatching those eggs was no fluke. If you read the books, you'll see that several Targaryens did everything in their power to bring dragons back to Westeros. Baelor the Blessed had dragon eggs in which he prayed for them to hatch but he didn't succeed. Only death can pay for life and Dany paid the price.

I hate to admit it but I already see Dany's doom in S8 or even at the end of S7. In the books, they talk of ice dragons and that scares the **** out of me. The doom is upon us. :weeps: 

Spoiler

one of dany's dragons falling during the war between the living and the dead just to be reborn as an ice dragon is very likely. or if the knight's king manages to hatch an ice dragon of his own and turns dany's dragons into ice dragons is also very likely. a mess beyond explanation.

13 hours ago, Shakira Stan said:

Pretty much. Dany hatching those eggs was no fluke. If you read the books, you'll see that several Targaryens did everything in their power to bring dragons back to Westeros. Baelor the Blessed had dragon eggs in which he prayed for them to hatch but he didn't succeed. Only death can pay for life and Dany paid the price.

I hate to admit it but I already see Dany's doom in S8 or even at the end of S7. In the books, they talk of ice dragons and that scares the **** out of me. The doom is upon us. :weeps: 

Reveal hidden contents

one of dany's dragons falling during the war between the living and the dead just to be reborn as an ice dragon is very likely. or if the knight's king manages to hatch an ice dragon of his own and turns dany's dragons into ice dragons is also very likely. a mess beyond explanation.

Dany ain't dying this season. Neither is Cersei, Tyrion, Jon or Arya. Those guys are the central characters of the series and if they do die it will be in the final season, not the penultimate one. I know GoT is brutal and loves to shock, but if people do die next season it will be the big-but-ultimately-expendable characters like Jaime, Samwell, Theon or Sansa. 

13 minutes ago, Austin said:

Dany ain't dying this season. Neither is Cersei, Tyrion, Jon or Arya. Those guys are the central characters of the series and if they do die it will be in the final season, not the penultimate one. I know GoT is brutal and loves to shock, but if people do die next season it will be the big-but-ultimately-expendable characters like Jaime, Samwell, Theon or Sansa. 

Not Sansa being "expendable" but Arya isn't. Wash your mouth out.

ni6ni7s.jpg?1

14 hours ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like Danny would be pressed that Viserion is her brother reincarnated, and not someone she cared about/loved more:rip: Ready for her to sacrifice him for the good of the battle in season 8 :toofunny2: and just keep the other 2 safe. 

19 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

I feel like Danny would be pressed that Viserion is her brother reincarnated, and not someone she cared about/loved more:rip: Ready for her to sacrifice him for the good of the battle in season 8 :toofunny2: and just keep the other 2 safe. 

Sansa is 10000 x better than Arya, but for some reason GRRM loves her. She's here to stay until the end, where she'll either survive or have a hero's death

ni6ni7s.jpg?1

Cersei is also so obviously going to sacrifice herself to save others, semi-redeeming herself for all the evil she has committed. 

18 hours ago, Shakira Stan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Within your spoiler, I bet the first idea will happen, but definitely not the second :alexz2:

Dany survives this season, one dragon will become an ice dragon

5 hours ago, PhreshDiamond said:

ni6ni7s.jpg?1

To be fair, she did name the dragon after her brother :michael:

Given their acknowledged likenesses to their respective parents, I need Arya to survive until endgame and marry

Spoiler

Gendry, fulfilling the romance of the tragic failed lovers Robert Baratheon x Lyanna Stark :chick3:

inb4 in typical GRRMesque fashion, he instead opts to go for VERY cruel irony, in which

Spoiler

Gendry falls in love with Daenerys and marries her instead (maybe George/D&D also think it will be icky having her marry her nephew and they're only faking us out, as Dany can legitimize Gendry if she finds out his lineage, and we all know the S7 casting spoilers showed him in King's Landing), thus flipping the narrative from the Robert<RhaegarxLyanna thing during Robert's Rebellion. Dany would almost certainly find out Gendry is a Baratheon bastard, since Varys now serves her, and I'm pretty sure he knows about him.

And yeah, really feel like Sansa's either dying in season 7, or will be the last Stark standing. There's gotta be some symbolism in her being the only remaining Stark without a Direwolf, without any form of magic or combat abilities, hell, she's even the only one who actually got around to legally changing her name (through marriage obviously, nearly twice?). Either that was done to contrast her growing beyond the constraints of the Stark family (being the only one who learned how to play the game, having a very southern upbringing etc), or to show that the trinity is Jon/Arya/Bran, and she has no place there. Hope it's the case that she lives till the end :flower:

edit: mess, my "hope" for Sansa was vague and made it sound like I wanted the queen to die :rip:

• Posted (edited)
      Edited by Alejandrawrrr
      mess, my "hope" for Sansa was vague and made it sound like I wanted the queen to die :rip:

1 minute ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

Given their acknowledged likenesses to their respective parents, I need Arya to survive until endgame and marry

Reveal hidden contents

Gendry, fulfilling the romance of the tragic failed lovers Robert Baratheon x Lyanna Stark :chick3:

inb4 in typical GRRMesque fashion, he instead opts to go for VERY cruel irony, in which

Hide contents

Gendry falls in love with Daenerys and marries her instead (maybe George/D&D also think it will be icky having her marry her nephew and they're only faking us out, as Dany can legitimize Gendry if she finds out his lineage, and we all know the S7 casting spoilers showed him in King's Landing), thus flipping the narrative from the Robert<RhaegarxLyanna thing during Robert's Rebellion. Dany would almost certainly find out Gendry is a Baratheon bastard, since Varys now serves her, and I'm pretty sure he knows about him.

And yeah, really feel like Sansa's either dying in season 7, or will be the last Stark standing. There's gotta be some symbolism in her being the only remaining Stark without a Direwolf, without any form of magic or combat abilities, hell, she's even the only one who actually got around to legally changing her name (through marriage obviously, nearly twice?). Either that was done to contrast her growing beyond the constraints of the Stark family (being the only one who learned how to play the game, having a very southern upbringing etc), or to show that the trinity is Jon/Arya/Bran, and she has no place there. Hope it's the former :flower:

Sansa better stay alive until the end :weeps:

10 hours ago, Austin said:

not dying per say because she's such a big character. something really bad will happen to her or she's probably gonna die next season. i can just feel it. :rip: 

16 hours ago, Austin said:

Sansa is 10000 x better than Arya, but for some reason GRRM loves her. She's here to stay until the end, where she'll either survive or have a hero's death

ni6ni7s.jpg?1

Cersei is also so obviously going to sacrifice herself to save others, semi-redeeming herself for all the evil she has committed. 

I seriously doubt that, she's the proper queen that wretched world deserves, she'll die but not before she does one more grand elimination 

I'm pretty sure Dany will be the one who will sacrifice herself to save other and it would be bittersweet, she dies while trying to rescue the land she wants to rule. 

On 2/1/2017 at 7:36 PM, Alejandrawrrr said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

I really hope that spoiler is true and it's all pointing towards that...

Jon and Dany riding dragons... I never believed that Tyrion was a secret Targ... Viserion would be much more fitting with the Night King and it would bring a proper battle, the dragons vs white walkers seems a bit too obvious, adding a dragon to the white walkers makes it more interesting.

8 hours ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

And yeah, really feel like Sansa's either dying in season 7, or will be the last Stark standing. There's gotta be some symbolism in her being the only remaining Stark without a Direwolf, without any form of magic or combat abilities, hell, she's even the only one who actually got around to legally changing her name (through marriage obviously, nearly twice?). Either that was done to contrast her growing beyond the constraints of the Stark family (being the only one who learned how to play the game, having a very southern upbringing etc), or to show that the trinity is Jon/Arya/Bran, and she has no place there. Hope it's the case that she lives till the end :flower:
edit: mess, my "hope" for Sansa was vague and made it sound like I wanted the queen to die :rip:

I don't think Sansa will die in season 7, she'll make it to the end. She's the most connected person in all of Westeros after Tyrion. She's a Stark, first hand experience with the Lannisters, the Tyrells, half Tully, family with the Aryns, the Baratheons are dead but she knows well about them, same with the Martells, maybe not as much as she could but she know's her noble families.  I just can't see her dying with as many chapters as she has been given, same with Arya, though I feel he writes for her to have a complex character for the sake of it and it's such a little odd character even though she doesn't fit in with much of the general story. She could have died right after her father or in the book/season after and the general direction of the story would be the same. 

I think the symbolism of  Sansa not having her direwolf anymore and being the "outcast" of the Starks is the irony that she is the one who is actually bringing House Stark back into play, because of her they got Winterfell back, in the books I'm sure it will be the same, maybe a different way of getting there but because of her and her connections she'll be able to take it back. I can see her being the one telling the story  of "Ice and Fire" to younger generations while she's an old woman still living in Winterfell as an Olenna type of figure. 

By the way, speaking of Olenna... I want her to have a meeting with Dany in the upcoming season and shade her left and right, put her in her proper place and make Dany think a bit about what she is doing and where she stands.

"I was supposed to marry a twitchy uncle of yours, given the looks of you, best I didn't, no granddaughter of mine could even end up as short and pale as a ghost"

"Oh what will you do, have one of your scaly beasts devour me me? Please do my dear, spare me from this obnoxious hip pain and have them write a song about the Thorn in the Dragon"

On 2/2/2017 at 5:18 AM, Darren-5-08 said:

I'm here for a Rhaegar nude scene :eli:

Yas.gif

Omg this 

i'm here for that full frontal scene 

tumblr_mqgncvLLPN1r5hg9ho1_400.gif 

2 hours ago, Triton said:

I'm pretty sure Dany will be the one who will sacrifice herself to save other and it would be bittersweet, she dies while trying to rescue the land she wants to rule. 

I'm not here for this tbh