Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

19,794 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, freakum. said:

I'm still shocked that she didn't release SLC AT ALL. :rip: 

Into It would of also done really well on radio. 

Yeah I seriously question her choices after this. 

4 minutes ago, FAN said:

Yeah I seriously question her choices after this. 

She said she didn't want to be typecast as the Latina girl who only can make one type of song. Whether or not that was the right choice, we don't know. But at least she's sticking by her principles and what she wants to do

2 minutes ago, The Destiny Hope said:

She said she didn't want to be typecast as the Latina girl who only can make one type of song. Whether or not that was the right choice, we don't know. But at least she's sticking by her principles and what she wants to do

The Miley stans coming out of the woodwork to drag me in the fua thread :ahh:

4 minutes ago, Bentley said:

The Miley stans coming out of the woodwork to drag me in the fua thread :ahh:

You must have triggered a nerve adcklamdclacadcas. :toofunny2: My poor fave has been flopping for so long now.

Anyways, can't wait for Find U Again and CC2 tea tomorrow. She HAS to talk about it, right?

14 minutes ago, The Destiny Hope said:

You must have triggered a nerve adcklamdclacadcas. :toofunny2: My poor fave has been flopping for so long now.

Anyways, can't wait for Find U Again and CC2 tea tomorrow. She HAS to talk about it, right?

I need her to get back on her instagram grind

57 minutes ago, The Destiny Hope said:

It was a foolish choice and there’s no rationalizing it. What next, she’s going to make jazz music because she doesn’t want to be typecast as someone who can only make pop music? Or what was the point of releasing Never Be The Same if not to show a different side? She and her team have no sense of how to build a career and that’s it. She’ll need luck to not allow her talent go to complete waste but at least we’ll get some great songs along the way.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

It was a foolish choice and there’s no rationalizing it. What next, she’s going to make jazz music because she doesn’t want to be typecast as someone who can only make pop music? Or what was the point of releasing Never Be The Same if not to show a different side? She and her team have no sense of how to build a career and that’s it. She’ll need luck to not allow her talent go to complete waste but at least we’ll get some great songs along the way.

Y'know, at least with how much she cares about her music (she literally still loves all her pre-departure lyrics/songs and even rewrites them into new songs, and she even defended CITC after it flopped and after Havana smashed) and the time she puts in, at least she won't be ****ting on it 3 years from now - like other artists. And at least by not being a label puppet so early on, later on in her career she won't think releasing two on-trend, back-to-back albums just for the hits is ~artsy and shows control~ when each album only has like 4 songs good - like other artists. :katie:

You're right, though. Whether she flops or smashes, we can guaranteed get great music!

She and her team have made some dumb dumb decisions but her musicianship and artistic integrity, will never be one

4 hours ago, istersay said:

happy-times-smiley-emoticon.gif

oMG I love it :jonny6:

17 hours ago, The Destiny Hope said:

Y'know, at least with how much she cares about her music (she literally still loves all her pre-departure lyrics/songs and even rewrites them into new songs, and she even defended CITC after it flopped and after Havana smashed) and the time she puts in, at least she won't be ****ting on it 3 years from now - like other artists. And at least by not being a label puppet so early on, later on in her career she won't think releasing two on-trend, back-to-back albums just for the hits is ~artsy and shows control~ when each album only has like 4 songs good - like other artists. :katie:

You're right, though. Whether she flops or smashes, we can guaranteed get great music!

She and her team have made some dumb dumb decisions but her musicianship and artistic integrity, will never be one

I completely agree. I was irritated she released Consequences because it just smelled like a flop from the start- even though I like it. But it's kind of refreshing that she stuck to her guns and insisted on showcasing what she wanted instead of going with the obvious hit. I don't care if she flops every now and then as long as she's releasing good music.

2 hours ago, MoonlightFrosting said:

I completely agree. I was irritated she released Consequences because it just smelled like a flop from the start- even though I like it. But it's kind of refreshing that she stuck to her guns and insisted on showcasing what she wanted instead of going with the obvious hit. I don't care if she flops every now and then as long as she's releasing good music.

she did it for the grammy eyes

but she gonna miss this years nom period so she needst to accumulate hits so she can launch a second tour arenas this time

so far good reviews being added to playlists on spotify

Hopeful the head start wont hurt her for the following week to much

plus she got the itunes banner

Best Camila song since Havana, she did that

On 5/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, Harranger said:

Best Camila song since Havana, she did that

Her best song. Period. 

Is it wrong that Crying in the Club was my favourite Camila song before this :deadbanana4:

So girls what do we think her next move is? Find U Again got great streaming playlists and is apparently going for adds on Tuesday to Pop radio so it’s definitely a single. Do you think they’re going to wait till it peaks or release her lead at the same time? 

7 minutes ago, FAN said:

Her best song. Period. 

Is it wrong that Crying in the Club was my favourite Camila song before this :deadbanana4:

So girls what do we think her next move is? Find U Again got great streaming playlists and is apparently going for adds on Tuesday to Pop radio so it’s definitely a single. Do you think they’re going to wait till it peaks or release her lead at the same time? 

Camila said June is very booked for her and I can't imagine her solely focusing on FUA the entire month unless they go hard with MV and promo slots. My bet is we'll get her lead in June or July. Not to mention she said FUA was just "breakfast"

1 minute ago, The Destiny Hope said:

Camila said June is very booked for her and I can't imagine her solely focusing on FUA the entire month unless they go hard with MV and promo slots. My bet is we'll get her lead in June or July. Not to mention she said FUA was just "breakfast"

Guess we’ll have to see. It would have made a lot more sense to release FUA 2 months ago when it was finished if the lead/era was coming in June/July but what do I know...lol

So it’s safe to say she’s over lol?

5 minutes ago, FAN said:

Guess we’ll have to see. It would have made a lot more sense to release FUA 2 months ago when it was finished if the lead/era was coming in June/July but what do I know...lol

Her dad just tweeted that CC2 is pure fire... he's such a tease :rip:

4 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Yes. You can logout now. 

1 minute ago, The Destiny Hope said:

Her dad just tweeted that CC2 is pure fire... he's such a tease :rip:

:rip: I hate him! 

3 minutes ago, FAN said:

Yes. You can logout now. 

:rip: I hate him! 

Yeah, hoping that means it's more upbeat though. :duca: 

13 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Dude. Real talk. You need to chill. Your obsession over Find U Again isn't healthy.

If it's not doing great, you're crying up a storm, and if it WAS doing great, you'd be making annoying bragging threads, making the rest of the fanbase look bad.

Either way, you lose. So just enjoy the music, yeah?

#StreamFindUAgain

35 minutes ago, FAN said:

Her best song. Period. 

the  live version of the song was fire so no if you meant that

Hey mama is the hit that got away to me

26 minutes ago, The Destiny Hope said:

where did she say this?

1 minute ago, rac7d said:

the  live version of the song was fire so no if you meant that

Hey mama is the hit that got away to me

where did she say this?

Check her Twitter. A Camilizer said something like, "June is all clear and sunny next month," (implying she wasn't doing anything) to which she responded to something of the effect, "Not in my calendar :thing:!" 

Then when FUA came out a Camilizer was spazzing out and she replied to them saying something like, "And this is only BREAKFAST!"

4 hours ago, Bentley said:

Never change Bent :rip:

I think the lead is coming in September. They will try to make FUA a hit. Although the live performances will be very different without the effects on her voice which are the main selling point of the song.