Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

506 posts in this topic

popularmoonlight
On 10/24/2018 at 11:14 PM, Javan said:

That being said Normanis team is slacking in visuals department. It’s so dumb in 2018 to think an artist can be established in the mainstream without distinctive look or gimmick. Especially a black girl. She is very Beyoncé influenced which is cool, but if her work isn’t going to be overshadowed by these comparisons her image needs to be very anti Beyoncé. 

Ban her from leotards. She needs to go back to her bob, not only does it suit her better but it makes her look more sophisticated and unique.

C2V-rngWEAAQmZG.jpg

Normani went really simple for tidal, not sure of that’s supposed to be indicative of the aesthetic this era? If she only wears black?

i think she would do good appropriating Natilia Kills look for her debut. Red and black.

This would be so perfect.

It's funny how she drops somethig and completely disappears. What type of strategy s that?????? I hate it

Chemical X.

Rhythmic radio - Checklist

Urban radio - Waves

Pop/multi-format “traditional lead” - Hopefully closer to the album

I wonder if she’s releasing N1 before Ariana’s tour??? Early March would be great. She is doing jingle ball shows and whatnot so I expect that a song for pop radio is coming eventually :jonny: but for now, let’s secure that urban audience 

Witch Privilege
On 2/25/2017 at 8:35 PM, Kamren said:

I love her but will this even get to page 2? :toofunny2: 

Hello from page 20.

-----

Anyways, so glad we're getting Waves! Her and her team definitely must have seen the response online to it.

Cotton

I'm so excited for Waves and it looks like there's a lot of hype to at least more than there was for the CH songs. And it has 6lack so I know its going to be that SONG

2NE1Kmagic
16 hours ago, Mr.S said:

Waves will blow people mind. All of her songs are so good. Dying. 

!!!!

2 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Ask and you shall receive? 

sZ7GaNH.gif

Starkboy

Yup. I liked ALL her songs so far.

Love Lies, Checklist, Slow Down, Body Count (Remix), SWING. :heart2:

I really hope Waves is another hit for her and the studio version doesn't disappoint. 3 hours left 

nooniebao
4 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

Brandon is getting her in front of the R&B Grammy voters, his mind... :duca: 

Wish she was performing though 😞

Starkboy

my god stanning her is so BORING. like, I don't care if you don't like social media, how are you supposed to make it when you disappear for WEEKS? :zzz:

now, the Waves video better be GOOD cause the song is a flop. 

Cain
13 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

my god stanning her is so BORING. like, I don't care if you don't like social media, how are you supposed to make it when you disappear for WEEKS? :zzz:

now, the Waves video better be GOOD cause the song is a flop. 

Oh my god I'm looking and she's posted 9 things on insta in the last month. :deadbanana4:

I really like her music, it's great, but she needs to up her social media (and overall media) presence, especially new artists have to be out there almost 24/7 to get noticed and build a base.

Starkboy
21 minutes ago, Cain said:

Oh my god I'm looking and she's posted 9 things on insta in the last month. :deadbanana4:

I really like her music, it's great, but she needs to up her social media (and overall media) presence, especially new artists have to be out there almost 24/7 to get noticed and build a base.

the worst part is the fact that's an improvement compared to the previous months :deadbanana4:

social media is a really important part for up and coming new artists of her age, why hasn't her manager hired someone to deal with it idgi.

Chemical X.

I am not too worried about Waves. I said this in the song thread but if they’re pushing it towards the R&B audience it’s going to take 1) way more time/nuance and 2) the debut weeks don’t matter like... at all. It is not going to be a fun chart-watching experience so a lot of fans will be mentally checked out for a while.

That being said, a video is really important for this so I’m glad they’ve spent at least two days on it. And I look forward to seeing how they promote it come 2019 :celestial5:

Jared
1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

the worst part is the fact that's an improvement compared to the previous months :deadbanana4:

social media is a really important part for up and coming new artists of her age, why hasn't her manager hired someone to deal with it idgi.

I try not to be too hard on her. I think the whole drama of people attacking her back in the day really made it's mark on her and she's hesitant now when it comes to social media. I agree though, they should hire a social media manager or something.

30 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I am not too worried about Waves. I said this in the song thread but if they’re pushing it towards the R&B audience it’s going to take 1) way more time/nuance and 2) the debut weeks don’t matter like... at all. It is not going to be a fun chart-watching experience so a lot of fans will be mentally checked out for a while.

That being said, a video is really important for this so I’m glad they’ve spent at least two days on it. And I look forward to seeing how they promote it come 2019 :celestial5:

This tbh. I'm read for them to start 2019 with a bang. Hopefully they make a bomb ass video that will get some good views then start to push Waves on radio and streaming. Assuming Waves is indeed the lead. :celestial5:

nooniebao
On 12/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, Starkboy said:

why is she (and Brandon) in London? :huh:

Edward Enninful (EIC of British Vogue) apparently followed her on IG recently. May a photo spread/feature for a spring issue?

Kedzie53

:party:

She’s hoping to release 2nd quarter (April, May, June) and her birthday (May 31) happens to fall on a Friday this year. 

AlteKing
10 hours ago, Kedzie53 said:

:party:

She’s hoping to release 2nd quarter (April, May, June) and her birthday (May 31) happens to fall on a Friday this year. 

2nd half of 2019 actually, according to billboard, which could mean Q3. July/August seems likely too.