Eternals (2021) | First look

Fitzswiftie
10 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Mark my words: Angelina's Thena will be the first Marvel role that will be nominated for an Oscar

Should’ve been Alfred Molina for Spiderman 2, Michael B. Jordan for Black Panther, Patrick Stewart for Logan but Angelina will serve and Disney better campaign the **** out of her

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blood Magic

• Strawberry Swing

• MrLovett

• tiagol88

Fitzswiftie
10 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Mark my words: Angelina's Thena will be the first Marvel role that will be nominated for an Oscar

Should’ve been Alfred Molina for Spiderman 2, Michael B. Jordan for Black Panther, Patrick Stewart for Logan but Angelina will serve and Disney better campaign the **** out of her. 

Open the film at TIFF (their audience will love it) and will help to get intital Oscar buzz.

ToxicParadise

So is Marvel confirming that Richard Madden is gay or Bi ?

Last i heard they were looking for an open LGBTQ+ actor to play Ikaris :eatpopcorn:

27 minutes ago, ToxicParadise said:

So is Marvel confirming that Richard Madden is gay or Bi ?

Last i heard they were looking for an open LGBTQ+ actor to play Ikaris :eatpopcorn:

Kevin confirmed that one of the Eternals was LGBTQ. He didn’t confirm which one thought. Video is on YouTube.

Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie walked out onto that stage (along with Natalie Portman, later) and reminded us that there are still true movie stars. I’m so curious about this movie. We need a visual.

phreshprince
1 hour ago, sadnews said:

kumail playing japanesse samuri is horrible take.. like.. this will be dragged by people.

He’s asian... and besides they obviously aren’t playing the characters to true form...

Love Drought

I honestly don't know that much about The Eternals but the casting of Brian Tyree Henry, Kumail Nanjiani, Selma Hayek and of course Angelina Jolie really piqued my interest :jonny5:

21 hours ago, phreshprince said:

He’s asian... and besides they obviously aren’t playing the characters to true form...

him being asian has nothing to do with samurai. lol that's specific japan culture.

the character kingo is very small in comic and his whole identity is around being smarai and japanesse.

so it's kinda mess, him playing samurai as non japanesse(or even east asian) or just borrowing the name for no reason.

1 hour ago, sadnews said:

him being asian has nothing to do with samurai. lol that's specific japan culture.

the character kingo is very small in comic and his whole identity is around being smarai and japanesse.

so it's kinda mess, him playing samurai as non japanesse(or even east asian) or just borrowing the name for no reason.

TE is not a popular comic book so they’re definitely changing the characters a lot (already 3 originally male characters being female).

32 minutes ago, omorfo said:

TE is not a popular comic book so they’re definitely changing the characters a lot (already 3 originally male characters being female).

and again, what's the point of using that character If you're going to sripped everyhing about it? seems just weirdo chocie to me.

anyway, we have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, sadnews said:

and again, what's the point of using that character If you're going to sripped everyhing about it? seems just weirdo chocie to me.

anyway, we have to wait and see.

They probably want to create something semi-original (and in this case pander to poc, to get some cash from them and some woke points) and eternals don’t have a fanbase to create controversy bc of that casting

Fitzswiftie
On 7/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, sadnews said:

kumail playing japanesse samuri is horrible take.. like.. this will be dragged by people.

Apparently he also audition for Makkari as well, but I think Disney realised that having a Pakistani born actor play a alien whose human is Mark Curry (Mr. Curry) isn’t a good look.  

Fitzswiftie
51 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I'm so hyped by this, Empress Jolie is gonna deliver :jonny6:

It’s what we deserve

• 2 weeks later...