Ariana Grande - 'Sweetener'

2,682 posts in this topic

As far as second era singles go

Into You

God Is A Woman

Break Free

Baby I

but those are all album highlights, and discography top tier too, whew. Into You has really simple & dated production tbh, when I think of the song, I only think of the vocal melody & the harmonies/ad-libs. The pre-chorus + chorus of that song are both just melodically fantastic. In comparison, the verse + pre + chorus of GIAW are great, and the production is noteworthy and dynamic, it just probably should've had a bridge to make the last chorus/outro feel larger. They are large, but it feels kind of sudden.

i'm still just... blown away. i LOVED not having any snippets (was the 5-second one legit btw?) and going in completely blind

Dh9dbfiUYAAE27y.jpg

ARIANA SIS... WHAT IS YOU DOING?

2 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Dh9dbfiUYAAE27y.jpg

ARIANA SIS... WHAT IS YOU DOING?

Fingering a hurricane. Duh, sis.

Just now, Communion said:

:ahh:  

Just now, Communion said:

:rip: 

THE SONG IS AMAZING.

BETTER THAN ANYTHING I WAS EXPECTING HER TO SERVE, ABSOLUTELY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS.

:jonny5:

This song is still scalping me, but I have to say. Imagine if the lyrics were more directly "God is a WOMAN" a more spiritual empowerment. A, "we are everything, everything is us, it's all in me" kind of vibe, whew. But still with this sound. Conservatives would be SHOOK. They might just see this as sex in hollywood. Still, it is empowering in its own way.

Lowkey waiting for Ariana's lyrics to get better though :emofish: So far on TLIC & This they seem clunky at times.

Just now, Prince Tommy said:

This song is still scalping me, but I have to say. Imagine if the lyrics were more directly "God is a WOMAN" a more spiritual empowerment. A, "we are everything, everything is us, it's all in me" kind of vibe, whew. But still with this sound. Conservatives would be SHOOK. They might just see this as sex in hollywood. Still, it is empowering in its own way.

Lowkey waiting for Ariana's lyrics to get better though :emofish: So far on TLIC & This they seem clunky at times.

at least we know she's doing them :eli: 

#19 on my phone!!

so far none of the songs we've heard have a proper bridge. i need at least one bridge on this album that's on the level of the "Sometimes"! but i do love GIAW

THIS IS 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 ARI!!!!!

Literally every song so far has had a similar structure. I hope every song doesn’t start with the chorus

Can someone please explain why the song is marked as “explicit”. I’m not hearing any swear or dirty words 

Literally every song so far has had a similar structure. I hope every song doesn’t start with the chorus

Can someone please explain why the song is marked as “explicit”. I’m not hearing any swear or dirty words 

So what did Madonna do after all?

Did y’all get the single thread locked? :dies: I just left college and can’t wait to listen to giaw :jonny5: 

2 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

good question 😦

So far NTLTC>GIAW>TLIC and it’s not even debatable for me. But it seems like it’s gonna be her worst album to date so far :frown:

2 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

em

TLIC doesnt follow the same structure tho. 

1 minute ago, MTrain said:

Did y’all get the single thread locked? :dies: I just left college and can’t wait to listen to giaw :jonny5: 

yes.

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

yall gays are so out of touch :rip: the industry is no longer here for loud ass pop bangers they can stay as cute album bops. but that bass alone WHEW RHYTHMIC AND URBAN BETTER STAN

^

1 minute ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

TLIC doesnt follow the same structure tho. 

without the rap verse it does 

4 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

But y'all wanted Max?!?! Anyways GIAW is godly! Excellent song and single choice. Ready for the video. 

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

If you look at her other arm it lowkey looks like she's fingering herself too :gaycat5: