UK: Highest Certified Female Artists (All-Time)

istan4badgalriri

Just now, Blade said:

Official Charts Company count it as her

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-score-the-official-chart-double-as-shallow-becomes-gagas-fifth-uk-number-1-__24565/

the people who certifiy it count it as Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

But some search engine is the reason youre not adding it? Lets not make this list stan war’d.

:clap3:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istan4badgalriri

• Lovett

• Blade

• Jimmy.

I think I agree with the OP here, the official certification company for this country doesn't count it as a Lady Gaga album and certifications is what this thread is about after all.

27 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

I think I agree with the OP here, the official certification company for this country doesn't count it as a Lady Gaga album and certifications is what this thread is about after all.

Posted both the official charts of the UK and the company which certifies albums congratulating both Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I guess we can just wait for the OP’s 2nd ban and start a new thread without biases. 

18 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I was banned, love. Shallow counts for Gaga but the soundtrack doesn't, it's credited as "Motion Picture Cast Recording" on BRIT/BPI official database and doesn't come up when you search her name... however Shallow is listed as "Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper" and it does come up when you search her name : https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/

1 minute ago, SeanET said:

@istan4badgalriri you having users who post the most disgusting posts about Gaga applaud your efforts to discredit what OCC and BPI themselves give Gaga credit for is enough to invalidate this thread.

@Blade It’s not just “some search engine”, it’s literally their official site/database, the UK equivalent of the RIAA. :skull: 

If I wanted to be petty I would’ve excluded Shallow as well, but I didn’t. They have Shallow listed as a Gaga/Bradley song, but the soundtrack is listed as Motion Picture Cast Recording and doesn’t come up under her name on their official database. I didn’t make the rules.

Another example, they didn’t credit Rihanna for “Famous” even though she sings every chorus in the song, and I still didn’t include it in her numbers because their database doesn’t.

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

@Blade It’s not just “some search engine”, it’s literally their official site/database, the UK equivalent of the RIAA. :skull: 

If I wanted to be petty I would’ve excluded Shallow as well, but I didn’t. They have Shallow listed as a Gaga/Bradley song, but the soundtrack is listed as Motion Picture Cast Recording and doesn’t come up under her name on their official database. I didn’t make the rules.

Another example, they didn’t credit Rihanna for “Famous” even though she sings every chorus in the song, and I still didn’t include it in her numbers because their database doesn’t.

A non-credit doesn't count. Like SICKO Mode shouldn't count for Drake. But it does go somewhere, it goes to Travis Scott. By doing this bull**** and avoiding what OCC and BPI say, you're basically having the certification go to absolutely nowhere. It won't be credited to anyone under your rules.

Rihanna, the Queen of Pop :smitten: 

3 hours ago, Blade said:

A non-credit doesn't count. Like SICKO Mode shouldn't count for Drake. But it does go somewhere, it goes to Travis Scott. By doing this bull**** and avoiding what OCC and BPI say, you're basically having the certification go to absolutely nowhere. It won't be credited to anyone under your rules.

Here you go comparing regular singles/albums (not affiliated to movies), to soundtrack albums. Soundtrack albums do not necessarily have to count towards one specific artist like regular studio albums do, and BPI seems to agree.

Using your logic, "The Greatest Showman" OST certification (which is also credited as Motion Picture Cast Recording on BPI) should "go somewhere" and count towards an individual artist's total ? Which one ? Hugh Jackman ? Keala Settle ? Zac Efron ? Zendaya ? All of them ?

I used BPI's official website/database to make this thread. I just search each artist's name and whatever comes up under their name will be counted towards their total. If I have to start doing further research for songs/albums where the artist wasn't credited, it's gonna be a mess. I didn't count Bodyguard OST for Whitney either, since it's credited as "Original Soundtrack" on BPI site.

23 hours ago, Blade said:

Posted both the official charts of the UK and the company which certifies albums congratulating both Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I guess we can just wait for the OP’s 2nd ban and start a new thread without biases. 

You sound a lil angry now :lmao:  You're free to start your own thread with your own personal rules if this one doesn't make you happy. If I was biased, I would've counted Famous for Rihanna, Hymn For The Weekend for Beyoncé, Bodyguard OST for Whitney, etc. I'm literally applying the same rule for everyone (which is what I would call being unbiased): no artist credit in BPI database = doesn't count in the artist's total. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

10 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Here you go comparing regular singles/albums (not affiliated to movies), to soundtrack albums. Soundtrack albums do not necessarily have to count towards one specific artist like regular studio albums do, and BPI seems to agree.

Using your logic, "The Greatest Showman" OST certification (which is also credited as Motion Picture Cast Recording on BPI) should "go somewhere" and count towards an individual artist's total ? Which one ? Hugh Jackman ? Keala Settle ? Zac Efron ? Zendaya ? All of them ?

I used BPI's official website/database to make this thread. I just search each artist's name and whatever comes up under their name will be counted towards their total. If I have to start doing further research for songs/albums where the artist wasn't credited, it's gonna be a mess. I didn't count Bodyguard OST for Whitney either, since it's credited as "Original Soundtrack" on BPI site.

You sound a lil angry now :lmao:  You're free to start your own thread with your own personal rules if this one doesn't make you happy. If I was biased, I would've counted Famous for Rihanna, Hymn For The Weekend for Beyoncé, Bodyguard OST for Whitney, etc. I'm literally applying the same rule for everyone (which is what I would call being unbiased): no artist credit in BPI database = doesn't count in the artist's total. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

TGS is credited as Various Artists. It would in fact go to no ones total.

I still wouldnt include Famous or HFTW to anywhere but Kanye or Coldplay as they chose their credits accordingly.

A Star Is Born blatantly says Gaga & Bradley. On iTunes, on Spotify, on Apple Music, as well as recognized by OCC and chart successes for both of those artists (they didnt single out Hugh or Zac when making articles on TGS)

But yeah at least your one search engine isnt returning Gaga’s name.

I will make a new thread in due time. I’ll use official credits so Whitney’s OST will be added as well.

Gaga contributed more to the ASIB soundtrack than Rihanna did to her entire discography yet the OP is getting pedantic over a search engine result

R6U7sbU.gif

17 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

9 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

you are absolutely right :clap3: 

12 hours ago, Blade said:

TGS is credited as Various Artists. It would in fact go to no ones total.

I still wouldnt include Famous or HFTW to anywhere but Kanye or Coldplay as they chose their credits accordingly.

A Star Is Born blatantly says Gaga & Bradley. On iTunes, on Spotify, on Apple Music, as well as recognized by OCC and chart successes for both of those artists (they didnt single out Hugh or Zac when making articles on TGS)

But yeah at least your one search engine isnt returning Gaga’s name.

I will make a new thread in due time. I’ll use official credits so Whitney’s OST will be added as well.

Unfortunately, the UK equivalent of the RIAA database doesn't count ASIB for Gaga nor Bradley. And it's what I'm using for this thread since it's the official music certifications database of the UK.

Madonna's Evita OST, on which she sings on almost every song and counts towards her chart history on OCC, is also credited as "Original Soundtrack" on BPI website.

1 hour ago, Blade said:

Thanks! Will update the OP tonight. And I’m happy to see that you still care about my inaccurate & biased thread, love :hug:

On 11/14/2018 at 4:33 AM, slobro said:

Gaga contributed more to the ASIB soundtrack than Rihanna did to her entire discography yet the OP is getting pedantic over a search engine result

R6U7sbU.gif

:deadbanana:

Screaming at this mess of a thread excluding Gaga when she gets a hit album. Oh well, what to expect from a thread by an OGH.

Hey @istan4badgalriri ,

this article "The female solo artists with the most Number 1 albums" is from Official Charts website

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-female-solo-artists-with-the-most-number-1-albums__16217/

They Added:

Gaga: 

**4 including A Star Is Born's Motion Picture Cast Recording, a soundtrack featuring songs by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, with spoken interludes from other cast members.

so I really don't see why wouldn't you include it now? .

13 minutes ago, iiSuperManii said:

Hey @istan4badgalriri ,

this article "The female solo artists with the most Number 1 albums" is from Official Charts website

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-female-solo-artists-with-the-most-number-1-albums__16217/

They Added:

so I really don't see why wouldn't you include it now? .

52 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Screaming at this mess of a thread excluding Gaga when she gets a hit album. Oh well, what to expect from a thread by an OGH.

Official website of the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), UK equivalent of the RIAA: https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/

Search "Lady Gaga", the soundrack doesn't come up, but Shallow does.

Here you can contact them if you have an issue with their database not listing ASIB as a Lady Gaga album ---> https://www.bpi.co.uk/contact/

Like I said before, and multiple times, they have Shallow listed for Gaga but not ASIB, so I've included the former but not the latter. I didn't count Bodyguard for Whitney either, since BPI database doesn't have it listed for her. I've made this thread without any biases. This is the last time I'm responding to this, and if I keep seeing flamebait and off-topic posts in my thread, I'll start reporting y'all.

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

didn't count Bodyguard for Whitney either, since BPI database doesn't have it listed for her. 

Ah, so this thread really is pointless :rip: 

@istan4badgalriri my post was neither flaimbait nor off-topic...

anyway, you do you. This won't change Facts. 

OT: Glad to see Gaga Slaying inside the top10 :clap3:

Edited by iiSuperManii

28 minutes ago, iiSuperManii said:

@istan4badgalriri my post was neither flaimbait nor off-topic...

anyway, you do you. This won't change Facts. 

OT: Glad to see Gaga Slaying inside the top10 :clap3:

I wasn't talking about your post boo

36 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Ah, so this thread really is pointless :rip: 

Then why are you here ? Why do you care about my 7 pages thread ? :lmao: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.