Artists who you never listened but are wondering?

21 posts in this topic

I'm seeing the name of SZA and Kehlani constantly on ATRL. They seem interesting in a way but i don't know why. I don't know how they look like or what kind of songs they have, but i'm also wondering a lot how they sound or if they have good songs. ATRL made me interested in those names though. 

 

WHat about you? Who do you want to listen to and have them on your list? 

 

Are Kehlani and SZA good btw? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I want to listen to someone I do it promptly and after one song and a few snippets and the whole aesthetic I can decide if they're my cup of tea. They usually aren't though. I discovered Meg Myers here a few years back, that was golden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St. Vincent. I watched some of her coachella show and I liked what I heard/saw. I'll definitely be checking her music out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toni Braxton. Un-Break My Heart is excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kelela definitely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

Are Kehlani and SZA good btw? 

Yes! If you like R&B then they are some of the best girls running that genre right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't support homophobes but SZA seems like an atrl favorite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet Jackson (only know nasty)

TLC

Bebe Rexha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Avril Lavigne. She looks cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, S.J. said:

If I want to listen to someone I do it promptly and after one song and a few snippets and the whole aesthetic I can decide if they're my cup of tea. They usually aren't though. I discovered Meg Myers here a few years back, that was golden. 

I LOVE Meg Myers, I hope she comes out with the sophmore record sometime this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

St. Vincent. I watched some of her coachella show and I liked what I heard/saw. I'll definitely be checking her music out soon.

Please do, her lyricism will change your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpaceOddity said:

I LOVE Meg Myers, I hope she comes out with the sophmore record sometime this year.

It's been sooooo long! She's definitely coming this year, at New Year's Eve she said new music is coming, well, soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S.J. said:

It's been sooooo long! She's definitely coming this year, at New Year's Eve she said new music is coming, well, soon.

Do you think she's going for a lighter sound this time around? I hope she maintains the heavy sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Do you think she's going for a lighter sound this time around? I hope she maintains the heavy sound.

I heard some snippets last year and I was afraid of it to be honest, it sounded a little poppy. I fell in love with her, because of the heaviness and how twisted she and the music is. At this moment the album is overdue, so I just hope she's coming soon with whatever, I mean I just want to know what she has to offer. Her going bald was interesting and I feel like she's waiting for it to grow back decently and then start the era, it's definitely closer than further!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S.J. said:

I heard some snippets last year and I was afraid of it to be honest, it sounded a little poppy. I fell in love with her, because of the heaviness and how twisted she and the music is. At this moment the album is overdue, so I just hope she's coming soon with whatever, I mean I just want to know what she has to offer. Her going bald was interesting and I feel like she's waiting for it to grow back decently and then start the era, it's definitely closer than further!

Are we talking Lemon Eyes poppy or actually poppy. I don't know if that excites me either.

Thanks for all the info, let's see! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the Weeknd or Bruno Mars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Are we talking Lemon Eyes poppy or actually poppy. I don't know if that excites me either.

Thanks for all the info, let's see! 

Lemon Eyes, I guess, other than me being a little worried about where the album is going I don't really remember how it sounded. This sophomore has to deliver, I was let down with Sorry, not only 10 tracks of which half we had for a few years, and from the new ones I didn't like two from what I remember. Feather was that **** though, and you're welcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S.J. said:

Lemon Eyes, I guess, other than me being a little worried about where the album is going I don't really remember how it sounded. This sophomore has to deliver, I was let down with Sorry, not only 10 tracks of which half we had for a few years, and from the new ones I didn't like two from what I remember. Feather was that **** though, and you're welcome :)

What about Motel!? That's like one of my favorites of her entire discography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpaceOddity said:

What about Motel!? That's like one of my favorites of her entire discography.

oh, I forgot about that masterpiece! This and Feather were the best new tracks in my opinion. I didn't like A Bolt From The Blue, like wtf was that? Like I can't stand half of the song. Revisiting the album as writing and actually, this  and Lemon Eyes are the only ones I don't like, the rest is either good or great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S.J. said:

oh, I forgot about that masterpiece! This and Feather were the best new tracks in my opinion. I didn't like A Bolt From The Blue, like wtf was that? Like I can't stand half of the song. Revisiting the album as writing and actually, this  and Lemon Eyes are the only ones I don't like, the rest is either good or great.

Never liked Bolt either. I also liked 'I Really Want You To Hate Me'.

I can't believe she didn't put Curbstomp and Heart Heart Head on the album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Never liked Bolt either. I also liked 'I Really Want You To Hate Me'.

I can't believe she didn't put Curbstomp and Heart Heart Head on the album. 

Don't even get me started, it's one of my faves. I'm literally checking her social media every other day, I was sure she would drop something last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites