Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vegans on atrl?

18 posts in this topic

Are there any vegans on atrl?

 

 Tell me how you’ve been doing on your diet! I’m currently eating a vegetarian diet that has been mainly raw (lots of fruits and veggies, sprouts, legumes where I can but I don’t know how to prepare them because I have a sensitive system) but I still incorporate some cheese occasionally and (rarely) eggs. Carbs in form of sourdough bread, pasta, rice occasionally. Sometimes milk in form of yogurt. I would go fully vegan and perhaps raw to a large extent but I’m concerned about what might happen to my vitamin levels, nutrient levels, etc. I get depressed during the winter often and so I want to make sure my vitamin D and B12 are nice and high.

 

lots of vegans I’ve been searching on YouTube have A LOT of equipment: juicers, blenders, etc. Unfortunately I’m broke and in a tough situation so that for me is not an option at the moment. They also have time to sprout grains/legumes and I just don’t have the time for that nor the money for equipment or stuff.

 

tell me more about your diets and how your health is! Have you also been able to gain muscle on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thick 'n Juicy said:

Are there any vegans on atrl?

Have you never seen a vegan thread? :priceless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Have you never seen a vegan thread? :priceless:

I was but couldn’t be bothered to find the thread :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first step to being vegan is to cut out bebe rexha and 5h from your diet, it's smooth sailing from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Enjoy.

 

That description :dancehall2:

44 minutes ago, Body Electrician said:

 

:cm:

Thanks for posting the link

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to be vegan and still eat a very plant based diet. most of my foods consist of loads of vegetables, some fruit, beans/lentils, etc. I consume a moderate amount of carbs and always choose low-gi stuff.

 

imo raw veganism is a scam. it's very hard to actually get all your nutrients properly and i don't think it's a sustainable lifestyle (financially, environmentally and socially). just eat a regular vegan diet and you'll be completely healthy and fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hyunjin said:

the first step to being vegan is to cut out bebe rexha and 5h from your diet, it's smooth sailing from there

Music dietary advice coming from a kpop stan? I’ll pass x

 

1 hour ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Enjoy.

 

 

1 hour ago, Body Electrician said:

 

Thanks ❤️

 

11 minutes ago, velocity said:

i used to be vegan and still eat a very plant based diet. most of my foods consist of loads of vegetables, some fruit, beans/lentils, etc. I consume a moderate amount of carbs and always choose low-gi stuff.

 

imo raw veganism is a scam. it's very hard to actually get all your nutrients properly and i don't think it's a sustainable lifestyle (financially, environmentally and socially). just eat a regular vegan diet and you'll be completely healthy and fine

Yeah I did think how do these lot survive on JUST fruits and vegetables. I noticed they had to take a TON of supplements which I’m not a fan of. I just don’t have the money to be eating like that and buying so many supplements. My diet has been much cheaper since I became veggie though. I right now just take a supplement of cod liver oil and butter oil for Vit D, etc and I’m doing ok. 

 

Im pretty much almost vegan already. I only rarely consume some dairy and eggs: otherwise nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thick 'n Juicy said:

Yeah I did think how do these lot survive on JUST fruits and vegetables. I noticed they had to take a TON of supplements which I’m not a fan of. I just don’t have the money to be eating like that and buying so many supplements. My diet has been much cheaper since I became veggie though. I right now just take a supplement of cod liver oil and butter oil for Vit D, etc and I’m doing ok. 

 

Im pretty much almost vegan already. I only rarely consume some dairy and eggs: otherwise nothing

A lot of them don't even take supplements and promote a diet that can make people sick, yet claim that it's the perfect diet for us :skull: Simple vegan foods are the cheapest foods out there like beans, potatoes, etc. 

 

You should also take a vitamin b12 supplement, it's a must for people who don't consume a lot of meat or vegans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check /r/vegan, its very resourceful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going raw vegan is unnecessary, can be very expensive and unhealthy too.

 

You should try using cronometer.com. It's an app where you can add in all the foods you eat, and it'll tell you how you're doing when it comes to reaching nutrient targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thick 'n Juicy said:

Are there any vegans on atrl?

 

 Tell me how you’ve been doing on your diet! I’m currently eating a vegetarian diet that has been mainly raw (lots of fruits and veggies, sprouts, legumes where I can but I don’t know how to prepare them because I have a sensitive system) but I still incorporate some cheese occasionally and (rarely) eggs. Carbs in form of sourdough bread, pasta, rice occasionally. Sometimes milk in form of yogurt. I would go fully vegan and perhaps raw to a large extent but I’m concerned about what might happen to my vitamin levels, nutrient levels, etc. I get depressed during the winter often and so I want to make sure my vitamin D and B12 are nice and high.

 

lots of vegans I’ve been searching on YouTube have A LOT of equipment: juicers, blenders, etc. Unfortunately I’m broke and in a tough situation so that for me is not an option at the moment. They also have time to sprout grains/legumes and I just don’t have the time for that nor the money for equipment or stuff.

 

tell me more about your diets and how your health is! Have you also been able to gain muscle on it?

Pure raw veganism is hard and can be dangerous!!!! I read something about a guy who only ate raw and he had problems with his teeth and his eyes :'(

 

I think a "part time raw vegan" diet is a great idea tho. A french youtuber talked about it, she basically ate "raw" from the morning til 2 p.m (not sure of the exact time) She said she got real benefits from it :)

 

This is just my point of view but i think going extreme is bad, one way or another... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been vegan for 4 months, vegetarian for 20 months. It ain't easy, but neither was wrestling with my conscience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a happy vegan myself i can tell you that raw veganism is indeed unnecessary.

 

it's actually quite easy (and less expensive). PM me with any question if you want :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a vegan of 7 years.. i'm not exactly healthy or skinny though (damn vegan chocolate, cake and fries) but I wasn't even as a meat eater or vegetarian :chick3: Veganism is very cheap though and plants are obviously among the healthiest things you can eat. I personally don't think you should go 100% raw as you will deprive yourself of some vitamins, maybe do raw til 4? I hear that's quite popular. You should supplement vitamin B12 though, as should everyone (including meat eaters), but a lot of plant based milks contain all these added vitamins. 

If gaining muscle is your goal, follow this guy on twitter https://twitter.com/meatymcsorley?lang=en he's a powerlifter and a vegan, and he can answer anything you need to know about plant based protein.

Sorry i'm beyond terrible at explaining but yes, veganism is cheap and great and you should definitely give it a try. You're almost there anyways!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, raw veganism is unessecary and makes it needlessly hard to get all your nutrients. :cm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m mostly vegan, but I occasionally have something with cheese or milk in it. :cm: I’ve been vegetarian/mostly vegan for two years now :gaycat4: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0