Top Posters In This Topic

• Satan

• Unoriginal

• Dessy

• mokitsu

Top Posters In This Topic

The Review:

Image result for katy american idol gif

This is all shade, and all tea past this point.

Some things about the gamestate. You all have gotten the chance to see three different third party roles, so you now have an idea of what to expect from such roles in the future. As you can obviously see, their allegiances are shaky at best as they best sought to further their own ends. But I will say that three different 3P in a regular mafia game was a bit much. This game was more of a hybrid between role madness and a normal game as a result (this is in addition to other special roles such as 4chan's Thunderdome and Google+'s version of the JOAT). My main regret for this game is not adding a secondary protection for town, as it is highly unusual for the medic to be taken out so early. Cover roles were more scrambled this game (Mafia had Discord, FourSquare, VK, Wikipedia, etc.) so there was no way to really say any of them stand out. 

Town as a whole did poorly. Even before the site crashed, there was a failure to really go back and look at stuff. A few people did attempt this but it didn't seem to catch on. As a result, this lead to many wagons being formed without strong reasonings. This allowed the mafia to basically control the votes, especially when it was on one of them. The power roles were obviously mixed. Vig had the worst performance trimming down town number further and even taking out two decent players from last game. Tracker had the best performance as they managed to catch the Serial Killer. This is no easy feat so my praise goes to that. Invest did invest but they landed on town most of the time.

Mafia did well to organize and communicate with each other. The planning was well done and those random kills produced great results. Some decisions were a bit questionable like killing OKURRR after you deduced he was Tumblr and not strongmanning Satan when you targeted her. But it still worked out. I'd like to see the same team faced with higher pressures :eli:  

The grades:

Some of these are just placements with little/no reasoning so I wouldn't take that personally. If you want a further in-depth review @ or pm me and I'll look you over more completely.

There was no one deserving of an S from me, as there was no plays made that was truly game-changing or stood out among the rest. 

A+

HotHeaven - Played his role perfectly. As a bonus, town sided and took down a mafia. Not much to say here as they understood the role they were given and carried it out to the best of their abilities.

Dibbles - Probably the most active in mafia chat, and was also a good leader. On top of that, they did little to arouse suspicion upon themselves. I also applaud you for not taking up your role easily. Some people see the bomber card and think "Oh I have to get a suspicious, or a kill on me" without realizing that they would decrease the mafia number. So I'm glad you did not fall into that thinking trap (at least publicly). I should note that some posts, especially during the second half of the game were a bit too scummy. Few seem to have picked up on it, however. 

A

Satan - You survived. But a little too close for comfort. You were investigated by the invest (as they received an inconclusive result on you) and was targeted for a kill twice. In short, you were saved by the host grace (some survivors don't even have a bulletproof, let alone two) and the mafia somehow not using their strongman despite you revealing you survived KatyCat's killed (another instance of people not really paying attention).

XL - Very involved and productive during the night actions. Overall a good game. 

PoKiTarus - You were involved when you needed to be and served you and your team well. There is really little to say here except to be more active in the main thread. Ultimately you were a bit too exposed and that led to your downfall.

Badboidami - You done well to help lead the game and make the necessary plays. Unfortunately, Jester cuts you short.

Reported - Thank you for subbing in. While not really enough time to get to know the game and all, you did managed to avoid being lynched despite your slot being really scummy. In the future, I would consider not focusing too hard on the third party as this can be an easy guise for mafia to hide behind. 

B+

Diarrhoea - You took down the SK which is not an easy feat for a tracker. While not a member of the mafia, your efforts provided town with more time to collect themselves with is always a plus. 

Ratchet  ★ - You pushed for a mafia lynch and done it. And you pointed out one more. 

B

KatyCatPH - You did not achieve your goal but you did a very decent play as a serial, arguably one of the hardest role to win as. Unfortunately, you aroused too much suspicion and your defenses were pretty medicroe. But as you told me, I do recognize that you had some rl issues that inhibited you from playing toward the end of your gameplay.

Unoriginal - You utilized the neighborhood and made some accurate reads. I would like to see more push in the future.  

paulyyyozd

B-/C

bestfiction - Like Unoriginal, you utilized the neighborhood and did some stuff. I'd like to see slightly more activity. But you were cut short by the vig so tough to say how you would've function in the endgame. 

jamesfog

Mokitsu

Dolce Vita - You had a mixture of poor luck and bad timing. One instance, you investigated Diarrhoea after they netted the Serial Killer. A waste of time considering you should know that the Enforcer, Silencer and Godfather are in the game + the role that would be able to find the the SK (Google+) already died. Your bad luck was ending up on a dead townie and a 3P that wasn't the SK.

OKURRR - dogbitingphone.gif You played on a decent level and didn't really aroused much suspicion to cause yourself to get investigated. 

thecptz

Fruity

Lukey

Hug

D

K$Ellie - Sis... what were you doing? :rip: 

N/A

Guero

gxnesis

levi_valvi

Ecstasy 

It would be unfair to grade you four as you played for only the beginning when the game was getting going. 

---

And now it's your turn to review me/the game. I definitely wasn't the perfect host so I'll take any feedback. 

Some guiding questions:

What did you like? What didn't you like?

Roles you'd like to see?

Theme Suggestions?

I kinda don't remember how half of you played and I'm too drunk to care tbh sooo rip me. 

- i didn't like that some people wern't active in the thread :skull: but that's not your fault tbh 

- i liked that the cover roles where a little more believable, even though this kinda benefits mafia n

Roles you'd like to see?

idk, i'm not familiar with mafia that much so i'm perched for anything :cupid: 

Theme Suggestions?

Shrek, Simpsons :keir: , actors/hollywood (mess imagine if the godfather was harvey Weinstein :skull: ) 

oh Sweet an A yaaaaaaaas <3 :fish1: 

i still don't understand why vig took out Moki, Moki had the most towniest tone ever :skull: 

@dessy

i wanna say thank you for hosting an amazing game and being a brilliant host, it was brilliant. i know the dowtime kinda messed things up but glad you continued :hug: i had so much fun playing

can't wait for mafia III :keir: 

you were saved by the host grace (some survivors don't even have a bulletproof, let alone two)

thank you dessy :weeps::heart2: 

wow an A for me as well. Short description but very positive :heart2: . Thanks for the comments + hosting well Dessy, I really enjoyed the game and I love my role as a mafia although of course there are times that this game makes me nervous nnnnn :dies: 

What did you like?

I like the fact that there a various roles on both sides plus the addition of 3 3Ps also gave the game more thrill which is very nice. The social media theme is cute too.

What didn't you like?

Like what satan said, the inactivity of most of the players didn't helped at all but of course it wasn't your fault. I just hope that the roles were a bit more one sided i mean it will be known easily if a person is in the good side or the bad side.

Roles you'd like to see?

I like some witches or some supernatural roles. 

Theme Suggestions?

I'd like to have a very dark theme for the next mafia game. I think it is best to have Marvel Superheroes (Town) + Suppervillains (Mafia). It would be very awesome.

or Pokemon Theme will be cute too :keir: 

What did you like?

Winning:mandown:

What didn't you like?

ATRL's servers

Roles you'd like to see?

Lemme give some promo to my fave roles in ToS:

1. Executioner
  2. Guardian Angel
  3. Janitor
  4. Vampire

Theme Suggestions?

1. Countries
  2. Superhero/Villains

i liked that i got a B-/C :heart2:

i also didn't like the atrl's server just like reported said. it killed the momentum of this game tbh

anyway, perched for the next season.

i can't really say much since i was eliminated so early but i did keep up with the thread afterward and i think you did a great job as a host regardless. i do echo the opinions that the servers really killed the momentum of the game but that was obviously out of your hands. 

• ATRL Moderator

Thx for the B. Defo would've pushed for Reported's lynching if I hadn't been silenced :fan:

Only thing I really want implemented is a penalty on inactive players. It makes the game SO difficult when you've got people doing nothing publicly

I liked the addition of 3 3P players, it made the game more complicated and interesting for every side. I also liked how the theme played out. 

Unfortunately, like many before me have said, the server really slowed down the game, but even before that some unactive players made it difficult.  

Roles you'd like to see?

I have no idea, but anything is welcome

Theme Suggestions?

I like the superheroes/disney figures idea

Anyway I loved playing the game and especially being on the mafia side :fan: I'm so proud we got the win in the end. Thanks for hosting Dessy :heart2: 

are you gonna put - me, XL, Poki, Badboi, Dibbles, Reported/pendulum, Hothaven

in the games winners list soon?

Dibbles

4 hours ago, Satan said:

are you gonna put - me, XL, Poki, Badboi, Dibbles, Reported/pendulum, Hothaven

in the games winners list soon?

Dibbles

Sure. Later. 

Dibbles

First, thanks @Dessy for hosting! It was really fun and cool. 

Overall I liked game a lot! New roles just like the one I had make you feel more involved in a game, however, they are kinda like a dobule-edged sword bc there were so many roles so you can easily get confused and those 3-4 deaths in a night were too much :rip: Also the activity was huge in the beggining, it was pretty messy but I think that's how it should be.

Roles you'd like to see?

Idk, I would personally even get rid of some roles, like Jester (or how that thingy is called)

Theme Suggestions?

Would be tottaly here for a Pokemon theme. 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:09 PM, Satan said:

- i didn't like that some people wern't active in the thread :skull: but that's not your fault tbh 

- i liked that the cover roles where a little more believable, even though this kinda benefits mafia n

Roles you'd like to see?

idk, i'm not familiar with mafia that much so i'm perched for anything :cupid: 

Theme Suggestions?

Shrek, Simpsons :keir: , actors/hollywood (mess imagine if the godfather was harvey Weinstein :skull: ) 

I try to stay away from controversial themes or characters cause they just end up being messy if players get too invested in them.

And cover roles restore some of the original balance of mafia. Simple games are just played with "Townie" "Cop" "Mafia Goon" "Godfather" - basically no characters, just role powers. They don't really help mafia and 3P so much as to neutralize the playing field. There have been games where the host didn't bother with cover roles or make flawed ones and it ends up overwhelmingly stacking the game against mafia- either because they didn't anticipate that players would deduce things so simply despite their best work or the theme roles were just trimmed down enough to only account for a specific trend (say town is all English Royals instead of European Royals - which were given as cover roles to mafia - in a game called Battle of the Elite Royals).  This is why I have thrown in roles like Grindr and Skype; while they are not necessarily social media, they were there to throw off the scent and the idea that the theme is one-trick. This game is meant to be able to deduce from the player's actions within the thread and through abilities. Not through simple PoE by having everyone reveal their characters. 

Last game, you all did the role call thing and exposed the town medic - jamesfog was Mariah, a known role from sign-up and Mariah nor jamesfog was on the list of roles at all. But no one paid that any heed when it was posted, luckily for town. That is just an example of cover roles being needed to keep the balance for everyone.

I could've actually made all the roles actual social media, but I figure people wouldn't enjoy playing a roleless social media from like Russia or something. 

On 5/14/2018 at 1:26 AM, Xedretinz Lododnz said:

wow an A for me as well. Short description but very positive :heart2: . Thanks for the comments + hosting well Dessy, I really enjoyed the game and I love my role as a mafia although of course there are times that this game makes me nervous nnnnn :dies: 

What did you like?

I like the fact that there a various roles on both sides plus the addition of 3 3Ps also gave the game more thrill which is very nice. The social media theme is cute too.

What didn't you like?

Like what satan said, the inactivity of most of the players didn't helped at all but of course it wasn't your fault. I just hope that the roles were a bit more one sided i mean it will be known easily if a person is in the good side or the bad side.

Roles you'd like to see?

I like some witches or some supernatural roles. 

Theme Suggestions?

I'd like to have a very dark theme for the next mafia game. I think it is best to have Marvel Superheroes (Town) + Suppervillains (Mafia). It would be very awesome.

or Pokemon Theme will be cute too :keir: 

Witch is a very complicated role to implement in forum mafia. But supernatural roles in general can most certainly be tried out. Jester's power was the closest thing to supernatural in this game (killing from beyond the grave). But other concept can be tried such as werewolf, resurrection, angel, voodoo, zombie, vampire, or even special character roles (Dracula, etc.). It's just a matter of theme. 

And actually I was thinking of making Infinity War the next theme for my next mafia game as it's a good concept for role madness which I now have the time to do. But I'm also looking for other ideas like Pokemon as well so we will see.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:19 AM, Reported said:

What did you like?

Winning:mandown:

What didn't you like?

ATRL's servers

Roles you'd like to see?

Lemme give some promo to my fave roles in ToS:

1. Executioner
  2. Guardian Angel
  3. Janitor
  4. Vampire

Theme Suggestions?

1. Countries
  2. Superhero/Villains

We actually had a Janitor in this game, it was a part of Google+ JOAT role. Guardian Angel is a rare one tho. Maybe we'll try that :mandown: It would be a nice 3P role we'd see that is not inherently destructive like Jester and SK, and Dr. Luke from last game.  

14 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Thx for the B. Defo would've pushed for Reported's lynching if I hadn't been silenced :fan:

Only thing I really want implemented is a penalty on inactive players. It makes the game SO difficult when you've got people doing nothing publicly

Games normally have a penalty. The reason I didn't do such is to not make it so restricting. But now we're 2 games in + those who played Slasher on here before so I think people are more comfortable now. An example penalty would be a player having to make at least 5 substantive posts per cycle (Day and Night). This would force some people to become more action or prevent people from signing up knowing that they would be inactive, with this in mind. 

14 hours ago, Dibbles said:

I liked the addition of 3 3P players, it made the game more complicated and interesting for every side. I also liked how the theme played out. 

Unfortunately, like many before me have said, the server really slowed down the game, but even before that some unactive players made it difficult.  

Roles you'd like to see?

I have no idea, but anything is welcome

Theme Suggestions?

I like the superheroes/disney figures idea

Anyway I loved playing the game and especially being on the mafia side :fan: I'm so proud we got the win in the end. Thanks for hosting Dessy :heart2: 

Disney... :mandown:

5 hours ago, bestfiction said:

First, thanks @Dessy for hosting! It was really fun and cool. 

Overall I liked game a lot! New roles just like the one I had make you feel more involved in a game, however, they are kinda like a dobule-edged sword bc there were so many roles so you can easily get confused and those 3-4 deaths in a night were too much :rip: Also the activity was huge in the beggining, it was pretty messy but I think that's how it should be.

Roles you'd like to see?

Idk, I would personally even get rid of some roles, like Jester (or how that thingy is called)

Theme Suggestions?

Would be tottaly here for a Pokemon theme. 

The 4 deaths was a FREAK chance of nature. It didn't help that yall doctor died. However, I did make the slight tactical error not to give town a bit more defenses against this; I gave you a back-up invest, but not a back-up doctor/nurse, for example.

Jester will probably get less usage from me in the future. I only added it in this game to give y'all a taste of the staple 3P roles. 

---

Other notes:

Some other roles were more experimental.

-Ratchet 4chan's Thunderdome role was a nerfed version of a Gladiator, which can trigger a 1v1 vote at any time. 

-Badboidami's Google+ JOAT was a mix of experiment/typical. Role Cop was added dude to more players having a role than usual. Disrupt was made to counter the town voting strengths (Mayor and Thunderdome). Janitor was a weaker role meant to complement Role Cop. 

-The Neighborhood in this game was slightly unusual because it had only two town + no way to add people to it. I was going to add Vine (mafia) to it to complete the Twitter Trinity but it was suggested that I don't.

My stories were crap in this game lol. However, there's usually zero to minimal flavor in stories so they aren't really essential to the game, just a fun-to-read thing.

The next game won't be for a while, whoever might host it. My next game will definitely be role madness- everyone will have a power. I haven't decided on anything beyond that. So if you have any idea beyond what was already said, throw them at me. 

2 hours ago, Dessy said:

My stories were crap in this game lol. However, there's usually zero to minimal flavor in stories so they aren't really essential to the game, just a fun-to-read thing.

no they weren't crap, they were really fun to read i forgot to say how much i enjoyed reading them :hug: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.