Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vxspertine said:

Wow Utopia FLOPPED

So did Process. I thought it would be at least top 20 considering its early acclaim :toofunny3: 

1 hour ago, Tom Vercetti said:

So did Process. I thought it would be at least top 20 considering its early acclaim :toofunny3: 

Damn poor Sampha :toofunny3: the good sis deserved better

Utopia flopped but Mount Eerie and its 93 metascore is the biggest flop. Told y'all it was overrated. Nick Cave did it better :fan: 

---

start part1 ASAP. 4 of those albums have songs deserving of an 11 :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Eeveelution said:

10. Waxahatchee, Out in the Storm, Merge, 349

This payola

Yikes so true

Jlin at 11 tho :clap3:

Utopanned did ok :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

hmmm.

rate part 1:

DAMN/CTRL/Melodrama/Masseduction/A Deeper Understanding/American Dream 

part 2:

Slowdive/Sleep Well Beast/Take Me Apart/Big Fish Theory/No Shape/ 4:44

Just edited a suggestion. :keir: 

Swap out LCD Soundsystem with Jason Isbell (who is actually number six!) and bingo - you have lineup number one. If I'm not mistaken, @supaspaz will be hosting!

Slowdive/LCD/Kelela/Jay-Z/Waxahatchee/Perfume Genius - who wants to host part two?

(If we get there, part three will be Thundercat/The National/Vince Staples/Mount Eerie/Father John Misty/Jlin!)

21 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Swap out LCD Soundsystem with Jason Isbell (who is actually number six!) and bingo - you have lineup number one. If I'm not mistaken, @supaspaz will be hosting!

Slowdive/LCD/Kelela/Jay-Z/Waxahatchee/Perfume Genius - who wants to host part two?

(If we get there, part three will be Thundercat/The National/Vince Staples/Mount Eerie/Father John Misty/Jlin!)

Jason... is a choice. Only artist in the top 10 whose album I haven't heard last year  (and I haven't seen any presence of him in the vast amount of Best Ofs that i've browsed here) which is why I omitted him from my personal suggestion. Not saying he doesn't deserve to be in the rate since P&J did rank him high, but most likely he won't stand a chance against the other 5. Ready whenever Supa is. 

Part 2 is seems fine aside from Waxahatchee (who will get dragged :fan:

And I doubt a part 3 will even occur so i'll just say justice for The National & Vince! 

14 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

And I doubt a part 3 will even occur so i'll just say justice for The National & Vince! 

Yes!

I kind of want to do an Iconic Songs From Iconic Movies Rate

so like:

My Heart Will Go On • Titanic

Milkshake • Mean Girls

Young & Beautiful • The Great Gatsby

Don't You Forget About Me • The Breakfast Club

etc....

thots?

tenor.gif

On 1/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, Clueless said:

18 solo and he has a lot of collabs that I was thinking of including. 

Shall I PM a list? Or just go ahead with it?

@Ace Reject

12 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Jason... is a choice. Only artist in the top 10 whose album I haven't heard last year  (and I haven't seen any presence of him in the vast amount of Best Ofs that i've browsed here) which is why I omitted him from my personal suggestion. Not saying he doesn't deserve to be in the rate since P&J did rank him high, but most likely he won't stand a chance against the other 5. Ready whenever Supa is. 

Part 2 is seems fine aside from Waxahatchee (who will get dragged :fan:

Agreed with everything you said.

I looked up Jason and his band, and his country album will definitely be dragged. If Ace wanted to include an early 2000 favorite, why not The National? The last rate with one of their albums, they finished in the top2, and SWB > High Violet

Sadly, Ace is stubborn, he never changes his mind. Just look at how he added Ed Sheeran to the annual Pop girls madness rate despite the entire site saying no :rip: 

with the the current lineups, I'll definitely skip Part 2. Only obsessed with Perfume Genius on there :sadduck: 

Edited by Superpower

42 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Agreed with everything you said.

I looked up Jason and his band, and his country album will definitely be dragged. If Ace wanted to include an early 2000 favorite, why not The National? The last rate with one of their albums, they finished in the top2, and SWB > High Violet

Sadly, Ace is stubborn, he never changes his mind. Just look at how he added Ed Sheeran to the annual Pop girls madness rate despite the entire site saying no :rip: 

with the the current lineups, I'll definitely skip Part 2. Only obsessed with Perfume Genius on there :sadduck: 

Pretty much. Including a male alt country album that no one on atrl has heard of in part 1 filled with other albums that we've gotten to actually know and be attached to in some way is going to seem like a wasted slot. I don't get why Jason's album placement is the main decider for this when we had certain artists (CarSeat, Angel) being payola'd into part 1 of the 2016 rate when their albums didn't even make top 8 on that list, which in turn snubbed a few other albums that were ahead of them. If that exception occurred, why couldn't a similar one happen here. I'd also say adding ed in that particular rate wasn't the greatest idea either since he could've been in a pop boys rate kind of thing instead of awkwardly positioned with the other girls but that's already a done deal. 

• ATRL Moderator

Supa and I adore The Nashville Sound, so he has two fans!

And his album is resolutely better than most of the albums that will be competing in part one!

I mean, I'll listen to that country album with an open mind, but Waxahatchee? I feel personally attacked.

Listened to some of Jason's stuff from the past and didn't like/care for it so he better serve a Sailor's Guide To Earth type quality this time around. 

And poor TW2013 rate that I sent a ballot for :'(

11 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Listened to some of Jason's stuff from the past and didn't like/care for it so he better serve a Sailor's Guide To Earth type quality this time around. 

And poor TW2013 rate that I sent a ballot for :'(

I really wanted to do it but after 2 months with actual promo I still ended up with only 6 ballots including my own :'(

and then I got insanely busy with school and forgot about this site altogether

I'm up for bumping it back IF I can get to at least 10.

Waxahatchee and That Jason album (never heard of her) being in the top 10 is so random :rip:

It makes more sense going by this imo: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2017/

On 1/23/2018 at 1:07 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

rate part 1:

DAMN/CTRL/Melodrama/Masseduction/A Deeper Understanding/American Dream 

part 2:

Slowdive/Sleep Well Beast/Take Me Apart/Big Fish Theory/No Shape/ 4:44

This is kinda perfect tbh. This is how it should go.

Although I just noticed Kelela is the only female in Part 2 so we should probably switch one of the other albums with something like Utopia or Plunge (I'd say Black Origami but it's a bit too abstract for this kind of rate imo). We don't support sexism.

36w5dPV.gif

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Waxahatchee and That Jason album (never heard of her) being in the top 10 is so random :rip:

It makes more sense going by this imo: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2017/

This is kinda perfect tbh. This is how it should go.

Although I just noticed Kelela is the only female in Part 2 so we should probably switch one of the other albums with something like Utopia or Plunge (I'd say Black Origami but it's a bit too abstract for this kind of rate imo). We don't support sexism.

36w5dPV.gif

Babes, I don't want to pull out a Real Housewives gif, but ... I Said What I Said.

Love to you all xoxo acey

On 1/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, Clueless said:

18 solo and he has a lot of collabs that I was thinking of including. 

Shall I PM a list? Or just go ahead with it?

@Ace Reject is this a go orrrr? :dancehall: 

I demand you add Vince to Part 2, we can afford to drop Perfume Genius' sleepy ass.

9 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I demand you add Vince to Part 2, we can afford to drop Perfume Genius' sleepy ass.

:cm:

30 minutes ago, Subomie said:

This homophobia 

49 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Wow this is not a good post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.