Jump to content

Rate Signup Thread

2,756 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, supaspaz said:

You misspelled "Rock the Boat," but okay. "I Tried" definitely deserves to win.

Rock The Boat is my least favorite single from the red album.  MTAW > WNAR (> bonus track try again) > rock the boat.

But rock the boat is still like, an 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madonnas said:

Rock The Boat is my least favorite single from the red album.  MTAW > WNAR (> bonus track try again) > rock the boat.

But rock the boat is still like, an 8.

“Rock the Boat” > “We Need a Resolution” > “I Care 4 U” > “More Than a Woman”

 

But MTAW is still an 8. And “Try Again” is in the Aaliyah trinity. Come on now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would be interested in that rate, but i'm also interested in hearing those other two albums. i think you could have all 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't Full Moon make more sense w/ Aaliyah & Tasty or was that album already used in a rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Wouldn't Full Moon make more sense w/ Aaliyah & Tasty or was that album already used in a rate?

I think it was already used :chick3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Wouldn't Full Moon make more sense w/ Aaliyah & Tasty or was that album already used in a rate?

It was meant to be critically acclaimed albums that pushed the boundaries of contemporary R&B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WHAT is this and why have I not even heard a whisper about it :lmao:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, supaspaz said:

It was meant to be critically acclaimed albums that pushed the boundaries of contemporary R&B.

Well critics were on the wrong side of history (again) since Full Moon > Afro but I suppose the latter is fine too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehhh... what the heck happened here? Only two rates going on (and one of them seems to be dead)?? WYD @Ace Reject & @supaspaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Latinazza said:

Ehhh... what the heck happened here? Only two rates going on (and one of them seems to be dead)?? WYD @Ace Reject & @supaspaz

Only Ace has approval authority, so I’m not sure there’s much I can do. But you’re right, we need to revive rates!

 

Who has a fabulous and original idea they’ve been sitting on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Only Ace has approval authority, so I’m not sure there’s much I can do. But you’re right, we need to revive rates!

 

Who has a fabulous and original idea they’ve been sitting on?

Is there anything that SHOULD have been in a rate by now but hasn't? :lakitu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean, does there even need to be an 'authority' for hosting rates? they are a game ran by the participants of the forum, they don't even require any intervention from anyone, please just let people host whatever they want so we don't have to go through the same nonsense every time someone wants to start one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 7:15 AM, conatus said:

Is there anything that SHOULD have been in a rate by now but hasn't? :lakitu:

We need new ideas! Does anyone have any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 5:11 PM, TRF. said:

I was thinking about making a This Was Experimental Pop 2018 rate with SOPHIE, Yves Tumor, Rosalía and Kero Kero Bonito. You guys tell me if that's a good idea or not - and if people would check lol. :celestial2:

Let's do it - include serpentwithfett too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

We need new ideas! Does anyone have any?

I think I suggested this... years ago on OldTRL but I would still love to do a Queens of Jazz Rate (Billie, Dinah, Ella, Julie, Nina, Sarah) with some of their most famous songs if anyone would be interested in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternatively, have we ever had a Bowie rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, conatus said:

I think I suggested this... years ago on OldTRL but I would still love to do a Queens of Jazz Rate (Billie, Dinah, Ella, Julie, Nina, Sarah) with some of their most famous songs if anyone would be interested in that.

I think we got a playlist together but it never got it off the ground! Also, let's do Bowie - start with singles? (It may have been done before I can't check!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ace Reject said:

I think we got a playlist together but it never got it off the ground! Also, let's do Bowie - start with singles? (It may have been done before I can't check!)

Yeah, I vaguely remember a little back and forth where we were trying to figure out which songs should be included for whom. :skull:

 

Bowie singles rate sounds good. He has so many ghdkg I've never heard of some of these. :rip: Just the A-sides? Shall I get it up and running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the a-sides!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, volition said:

i mean, does there even need to be an 'authority' for hosting rates? they are a game ran by the participants of the forum, they don't even require any intervention from anyone, please just let people host whatever they want so we don't have to go through the same nonsense every time someone wants to start one

You're right, but I think you're speaking into the void

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:dancehall3:

ATRL favorite song of the decade. 

Each pop girl will have 1 song per album they’ve released this decade. The song will be the winner of that Album Survivor.

Per example:

Bey will have 3 songs (the winner of the 4 survivor, the winner of the ST survivor, the winner of the Lemonade survivor)

Adele will have 2 songs (21 and 25), Ariana will have 5 songs etc...

Only the relevant ATRL girls will be considered. There’s no need to wait for whatever album is getting released in the next 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, Ace Reject said:

We need new ideas! Does anyone have any?

We need something late 80s/early 90s. Just off the top of my head, how about a rate with Ball songs from POSE Season 1? Lots of fabulous classix there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an idea - "The Greatest?" All of the singles/album tracks that were released from our faves' greatest hits/official compilations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, RobynYoBank said:

WHAT is this and why have I not even heard a whisper about it :lmao:

 

 

 

The anti-semitism in the comments :mazen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Does the three album rule still apply? If so, now that III is out, I'd love to host The Banks Discography Rate as my first ever ATRL rate! Please let me know what I have to do as far as approval goes - thanks!! @Ace Reject

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites