• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Insanity said:

@Ace Reject  im doing a pop boys rate

The Weeknd/ Ed Sheeran / Post Malone / Lil Nas X/ Harry Styles / Charlie Puth

You can't just start things unilaterally.

Have a sinking suspicion that Harry's House will do well in year ends, so that takes him out. LNX and Ed Sheeran have albums from last year, so...

We never did a THIS WAS POP 2021 rate. Doja/LNX/Silk Sonic/Ed Sheeran. Do you want that?

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/9/2022 at 4:23 PM, Stevie said:

Should we start brainstorming This WAS 2022?

This WAS (Pop) 2022: Beyonce vs. Taylor vs. Charli vs. Carly vs. Harry vs. Lizzo/Florence?

I guess we ARE starting to brainstorm year end rates.

@supaspaz what say you? Renaissance and MOTOMAMI - what else will be in THIS WAS 2022? Kendrick? Big Thief? Alvvays? Bad Bunny? Wet Leg?

And I can see Taylor and Harry being in it that or TW(POP)!

@Stevie - you forgot Rina! 

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/9/2022 at 4:23 PM, Stevie said:

Should we start brainstorming This WAS 2022?

This WAS (Pop) 2022: Beyonce vs. Taylor vs. Charli vs. Carly vs. Harry vs. Lizzo/Florence?

On 11/7/2022 at 1:42 AM, minho said:

Thank you again for letting me host this rate! It was so much fun with some great albums. 

The winner of the 2020s female indie rock/folk rate is.... Wolf Alice!

Real Pain: 2020s Female Indie Rock & Folk Rate

Winner: Wolf Alice - "How Can I Make It OK?"

Link to full results post

22 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

I guess we ARE starting to brainstorm year end rates.

@supaspaz what say you? Renaissance and MOTOMAMI - what else will be in THIS WAS 2022? Kendrick? Big Thief? Alvvays? Bad Bunny? Wet Leg?

And I can see Taylor and Harry being in it that or TW(POP)!

@Stevie - you forgot Rina! 

Okay, after some TALKS... here's what we think is happening:

THIS WAS 2022 (hosted by @supaspaz)

Beyoncé v. Taylor Swift v. Bad Bunny v. Harry Styles v. Rosalîa (and maybe a surprise sixth)

THIS WAS 2022 PART TWO (would LOVE one of you two to host - or @Eeveelution or @Tom Vercetti to host!)

Mitski v. Kendrick Lamar v. Wet Leg v. Big Thief v. Steve Lacy 

THIS WAS POP (up for grabs!)

Carly Rae Jepsen v. Charli XCX v. Rina Sawayama v. Tove Lo  v. The Weeknd 

THIS WAS INDIE POP

MUNA v. Alvvays v. Florence + The Machine v. Ethel Cain v. Maggie Rogers 

And some other variants along the way. What do we think?

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, greento said:

I think Bieber's Justice has already been rated in like a Pop boys rate from last year. I can't really think of another album that could replace it though.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, Ace Reject said:

Ed... but then the turnout might be an all time low.mp3. We can still try!

On 7/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, greento said:

He’s the only one I could come up with as well :biblio: I was gonna offer to host but I don’t think I’d want to with Ed in there 

@Insanity TWPop 2021 was these options (Ed/Doja/Nas/Silk Sonic) is still open!

1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

You can't just start things unilaterally.

Have a sinking suspicion that Harry's House will do well in year ends, so that takes him out. LNX and Ed Sheeran have albums from last year, so...

We never did a THIS WAS POP 2021 rate. Doja/LNX/Silk Sonic/Ed Sheeran. Do you want that?

No I was focusing on pop boys nevermind then 

Spoiler

I had planned on doing Harry/ Weeknd/ Charlie since early 2022 and add a 4th 

Unless u have another suggestion  

:coffee2:

Edited by Insanity

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Insanity said:

No I was focusing on pop boys nevermind then 

Hide contents

I had planned on doing Harry/ Weeknd/ Charlie since early 2022 and add a 4th 

Unless u have another suggestion  

:coffee2:

Harry was critically acclaimed. (So was Abel but he's in another rate!) Harry's House will be in THIS WAS 2022. 

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, Insanity said:

@Ace Reject what about Flops of 2022 like Familia....

That's @Lukey territory! Chat about it with him!

2 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

That's @Lukey territory! Chat about it with him!

Will do. Sorry.

To whoever does This Was and This Was Pop please tag me :giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

THIS WAS 2022 (hosted by @supaspaz)

Beyoncé v. Taylor Swift v. Bad Bunny v. Harry Styles v. Rosalîa (and maybe a surprise sixth)

ATRL will be shaking!

15 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

THIS WAS POP (up for grabs!)

Carly Rae Jepsen v. Charli XCX v. Rina Sawayama v. Tove Lo  v. The Weeknd 

And I will be perched for this!

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

ATRL will be shaking!

And I will be perched for this!

Thinking... maybe twigs should replace Abel for that last slot? What say you, ATRL?

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Thinking... maybe twigs should replace Abel for that last slot? What say you, ATRL?

I'm not opposed to that

• ATRL Moderator

Okay, let's do that then! 

@Insanity you can do your rate with a revised lineup, under the title THIS WAS POP 2022: Men Strike Back.

The Weeknd/Post Malone/Charlie Puth/Drake (Honestly, Nevermind) and ONE of the following 'up and coming' pop boys - Joji, Omar Apollo, Rauw Alejandro or Conan Gray. I'll let you choose who's the fifth LP! 

And THIS WAS POP 2022: BYE BOYS! BUY GIRLS! will consist of CRJ, Charli, Rina, twigs, Tove, and Lizzo. @Stevie? @creativity. @minho you down?

4 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

@Insanity you can do your rate with a revised lineup, under the title THIS WAS POP 2022: Men Strike Back.

The Weeknd/Post Malone/Charlie Puth/Drake (Honestly, Nevermind) and ONE of the following 'up and coming' pop boys - Joji, Omar Apollo, Rauw Alejandro or Conan Gray. I'll let you choose who's the fifth LP! 

And THIS WAS POP 2022: BYE BOYS! BUY GIRLS! will consist of CRJ, Charli, Rina, twigs, Tove, and Lizzo. @Stevie? @creativity. @minho you down?

alright ill keep that in mind.  I personally listen to Conan the most

Edited by Insanity

On 11/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, Ace Reject said:

On 11/11/2022 at 7:52 PM, Ace Reject said:

I love this idea but I wouldn’t want Lizzo, she doesn’t fit the vibe of the other 5.

im also loving the indie pop idea with MUNA, Florence etc.

• ATRL Moderator
31 minutes ago, greento said:

I love this idea but I wouldn’t want Lizzo, she doesn’t fit the vibe of the other 5.

I mean, she fits the vibe more than FKA twigs, even if Special is not a good album.

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

I mean, she fits the vibe more than FKA twigs, even if Special is not a good album.

Hmm I think she’s too popular to fit with the others

twigs should be in indie pop. 

carly, Charli, Rina and Tove should just have their own tbh. They’re all very similar in terms of popularity and sound.

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, greento said:

6 hours ago, supaspaz said:

5 hours ago, greento said:

Hmm I think she’s too popular to fit with the others

twigs should be in indie pop. 

carly, Charli, Rina and Tove should just have their own tbh. They’re all very similar in terms of popularity and sound.

I concur. Let's drop Lizzo and keep the other five..

so 2022 Makes The Woman would have Lizzo, Meghan, Megan, Camila and... Avril? Willow? I wish whoever takes that on an ounce of luck!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

so 2022 Makes The Woman would have Lizzo, Meghan, Megan, Camila and... Avril? Willow? I wish whoever takes that on an ounce of luck!

What kind of hell on earth...

@supaspaz I know this is a random request but I thought it would be interesting. Can we have an Ariana Grande discography rate? This site hasn't had one in YEARS, pre-Positions and I'm interested to see in 2022 how everybody ranks her discography and where songs rank. She's one of my favorite female artists and is one of biggest female singers ever, there's enough stans on this site too to participate. Can we have one again?

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, yeezytaughtme said:

@supaspaz I know this is a random request but I thought it would be interesting. Can we have an Ariana Grande discography rate? This site hasn't had one in YEARS, pre-Positions and I'm interested to see in 2022 how everybody ranks her discography and where songs rank. She's one of my favorite female artists and is one of biggest female singers ever, there's enough stans on this site too to participate. Can we have one again?

I think this is more up to @Ace Reject. But if there is only one new album since the last time it was done, it feels like maybe a bit too soon to do it again. Unless you do it within the base, which is allowed and has been before for other artists.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, yeezytaughtme said:

If there hasn't been one since before... her last album, there's no need.

But I do believe you can do an Essentials rate! Every Ari track but the singles. See what the fans really love before you get new stuff. (Only 1 top five or bust!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.