Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

25 minutes ago, Pink Matter said:

This looks like it'd be lots of fun! Don't know a single one of these acts but they look great lol

We actually did one last year :laugh: I had to double check since it wasn't in the OP; @clue hosted it but got fed up with Lana's 2020 antics so they basically dumped all the results :ahh: 

What we need is Frank Ocean discography rate (whenever he drops another album)! One more album's worth of material should be enough for a rate.

interesting results

how is Hope is a dangerous things at #59 :deadbanana2:

and good luck with that frank ocean album u speak of

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those who haven't been tagged by me, join my rate!

got 9 participants so far hoping to make it 20!

• ATRL Moderator

Hi I want to host a rate.  The pop girl rates of the 2000s and the 1990s have given me inspiration.  Would love to host a "best dance songs of the 2010s" type of rate with around 100 songs chosen by me that best encapsulate that decade in dance music.  

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, jpow said:

Hi I want to host a rate.  The pop girl rates of the 2000s and the 1990s have given me inspiration.  Would love to host a "best dance songs of the 2010s" type of rate with around 100 songs chosen by me that best encapsulate that decade in dance music.  

Hmm. What about a rate of the 100 best dance songs, as picked by Slant? Been DYING for someone to host it!

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/100-greatest-dance-songs/

I just think an idiosyncratic and yet comprehensive list like this would be more fruitful! Different types of dance, by different artists across gender and ethnicity lines, throughout the decades!

FYC: French Kiss for top 20

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Hmm. What about a rate of the 100 best dance songs, as picked by Slant? Been DYING for someone to host it!

I just think an idiosyncratic and yet comprehensive list like this would be more fruitful! Different types of dance, by different artists across gender and ethnicity lines, throughout the decades!

lady (hear me tonight) for top 10! 

• ATRL Moderator

wait is that even on the list? it was on one of their previous rendition.  well @jpowdo the slant list please so i can get my life to it! 

Ahhh that Slant list, that [was filed with] classics, that [was filled with] classics :jamming: And another chance for Basement Jaxx to snag a win top 20!

Lowkey feel like songs like Crazy in Love should be nixed for a dance classic that missed the list (not because I don't think it's deserving but pop queen for a rate like this on ATRL = she'll somehow win). Though I guess it's not like she's Taylor and her stans would flock into the rate and inflate the scores so maybe it'd be fine...

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Ahhh that Slant list, that [was filed with] classics, that [was filled with] classics :jamming: And another chance for Basement Jaxx to snag a win top 20!

Lowkey feel like songs like Crazy in Love should be nixed for a dance classic that missed the list (not because I don't think it's deserving but pop queen for a rate like this on ATRL = she'll somehow win). Though I guess it's not like she's Taylor and her stans would flock into the rate and inflate the scores so maybe it'd be fine...

i just know that hung up woiuld pass the other 2 madonna songs (and many other deserving songs) and ill have a meltdown! that didn't even happen in my rate!  and i promise (!!) i didn't rig it! 

but i can see it happening there for some reason. 

50 minutes ago, Madame X said:

lady (hear me tonight) for top 10! 

Yes, the best song of all time :jonny: 

11 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i just know that hung up woiuld pass the other 2 madonna songs (and many other deserving songs) and ill have a meltdown! that didn't even happen in my rate!  and i promise (!!) i didn't rig it! 

but i can see it happening there for some reason. 

The thought of Hung Up above Into the Groove and Vogue... no maam. The way I can already see the comments of people being like "how did they only rank it at #42? I don't even know the other songs above it!" 

Yeah let's just replace Hung Up with Lady (Hear Me Tonight). Also Best of My Love is ab so LUTELY a top 10 contender too (though what ISN'T from that list)

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

No thanks.  This list does not look that cute.  I was hoping for something more accessible. 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ace Reject said:

Well pass it to me. I don't mind coming out of retirement to host it since the quality in this list for an atrl rate comes rarely. 

• ATRL Moderator

So can I get the 2010s dance rate since someone else is taking the Slant list rate? 

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Well pass it to me. I don't mind coming out of retirement to host it since the quality in this list for an atrl rate comes rarely. 

That's my man! 

13 hours ago, jpow said:

So can I get the 2010s dance rate since someone else is taking the Slant list rate? 

Sure. DM a list you're working on; we'll edit it together - like we did for the rates @JoAddams and @naval23 hosted.

Can someone update the homepage? I  can't find ongoing rates

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Can someone update the homepage? I  can't find ongoing rates

First thing you see on the very first page! ONGOING RATES in bold and underlined status!

3 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

First thing you see on the very first page! ONGOING RATES in bold and underlined status!

ok sorry, I was looking 4 one of the rates and didn't see it so I assumed it hadn't been updated.  Must have just skipped over it

• ATRL Moderator

Someone should host a definitive Lemonade ranking in honor of the 5th anniversary!

5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Someone should host a definitive Lemonade ranking in honor of the 5th anniversary!

Have we had an Anti ranking? That would be sickening. 

it's finally up 

CvStQRo.gif

9 hours ago, Auburn said:

it's finally up 

CvStQRo.gif

Even though I'm mad as hell at you right now, you know I'll get over this when I start scoring. :laugh:

But if Black Diamomd comes out shortly after this is over, we're gonna have words.

irGYmpz.png

5 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

Even though I'm mad as hell at you right now, you know I'll get over this when I start scoring. :laugh:

But if Black Diamomd comes out shortly after this is over, we're gonna have words.

irGYmpz.png

it feels like Black Diamond is never coming at this point lol :weeps: 

TLC's 30th anniversary is coming up soon. Be on the lookout. A discography rate is coming!

58 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

TLC's 30th anniversary is coming up soon. Be on the lookout. A discography rate is coming!

:jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.