Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

Since we did Mariah and we’re currently on Madonna, can we have a full Britney rate next? :duca:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, Auburn said:

since we did Mariah and Madge, could we do a Janet rate next? I'd be willing to host that 

WrLbQPk.gif

Janet? Of course! Just listened to the mixtapes so I could even vote!

But after Madge is over.

1 minute ago, Ace Reject said:

Janet? Of course! Just listened to the mixtapes so I could even vote!

But after Madge is over.

Absolutely! I prob wouldn't be able to host results until about April anyway so that gives everyone a few months to get through it!

• ATRL Moderator

throw away all ballots that don't give empy and the knowledge 10/11s 

janet, britney & taylor all need discog rates

WrLbQPk.gif

edit: oh and beyoncé needs a re-do. idk what happened to the one in the OP, i think even participated, but her discog deserves more justice than that :rip:

Edited by Nemo

I would LOVE a Sade discography rate, but I'm not sure we have an audience for it here unfortunately :cries: 

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/20/2021 at 3:35 PM, supaspaz said:

Just been revisiting to Jewel's 0304 and I think it would be fun to do a rate of albums that clearly define the downturn in an artist's career. I love 0304, but the pop sellout was obviously a desperate move for Jewel and it's a clear slide into irrelevance after that. Not sure what albums you'd pair it with, but presumably other big pop acts who lost the narrative at some point.

Thoughts, @Ace Reject?

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Thoughts, @Ace Reject?

well, what about the reverse situation, liz phair's s/t?

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Thoughts, @Ace Reject?

What other albums would qualify? One of Ellie Goulding's recent attempts?

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

What other albums would qualify? One of Ellie Goulding's recent attempts?

I’m not sure. It was not a fully formed idea. The Liz Phair suggestion is interesting, because the sellouts framing could be fun. But then I don’t know what would go with those two.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, Auburn said:

I would LOVE a Sade discography rate, but I'm not sure we have an audience for it here unfortunately :cries: 

you never know. I'd love to see a Radiohead discography rate too, but same issue lol 

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, supaspaz said:

I’m not sure. It was not a fully formed idea. The Liz Phair suggestion is interesting, because the sellouts framing could be fun. But then I don’t know what would go with those two.

@PiecesOfYou has made some interesting suggestions: Debbie Gibson's Body Mind Soul and Avril's The Best Damn Thing. I especially like the latter, because it's even the same era as the Jewel and Liz Phair albums.

I'm in for the sellout flop albums rate

I see these variants: 0304, Liz Phair, The Best Damn Thing (?), Sucker (?), Sheezus, Volta (?), Electra Heart, This Is What The Truth Feels Like, Fantasy Ride/Basic Instinct (?), Young Foolish Happy (Pixie Lott), Endlessly (Duffy)

@supaspaz thoughts? prayers?

Edited by bestfiction

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I'm in for the sellout flop albums rate

I see these variants: 0304, Liz Phair, The Best Damn Thing (?), Sucker (?), Sheezus, Volta (?), Electra Heart, This Is What The Truth Feels Like, Fantasy Ride/Basic Instinct (?), Young Foolish Happy (Pixie Lott), Endlessly (Duffy)

@supaspaz thoughts? prayers?

WAIT. This Is What the Truth Feels Like is a great idea! Gwen's adult pop sellout moment. I will be riding hard for "Red Flag."

What if we did 0304 vs. Liz Phair vs. The Best Damn Thing vs. This Is What the Truth Feels Like, @Ace Reject?

• ATRL Moderator

im already palpitating at the idea of a janet rate :jonny: i know what im gonna 11, sabotage, and stan in the thread :jonny: 

On 12/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ace Reject said:

Part 2: Harry/Taylor/Carly Rae/Charli

Has anyone taken this yet? I'd be happy to do it if not.

3 minutes ago, Madame X said:

im already palpitating at the idea of a janet rate :jonny: i know what im gonna 11, sabotage, and stan in the thread :jonny: 

I've started re-listening to her discography in anticipation - it'll impossible for Control (album) to not have an average of 9.5 or higher

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, rlj said:

I've started re-listening to her discography in anticipation - it'll impossible for Control (album) to not have an average of 9.5 or higher

i have a very dark feeling that control will suffer the same fate as 80s donna.  I will give LWA an 8, nasty an 11, and the rest 10s to overcompensate.

I will also overcompensate with some janet/tvr scores :mandown:

39 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i have a very dark feeling that control will suffer the same fate as 80s donna.  I will give LWA an 8, nasty an 11, and the rest 10s to overcompensate.

I will also overcompensate with some janet/tvr scores :mandown:

Look - as an 80's saboteur in the Madonna rate, I'll say Janet's 80's stuff just hits differently - maybe it will be done right?

I feel you about Janet/TVR - some singles are just not IT

On 2/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, Ace Reject said:

Sure - let's start it up again!

Ace sis, you literally said this then proceeded to swiftly close my thread :weeps:

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/25/2021 at 7:43 AM, supaspaz said:

0304 vs. Liz Phair vs. The Best Damn Thing vs. This Is What the Truth Feels Like 

Who wants to host this?

Alanis' Jagged Little Pill, Bjork's Post, Gwen's No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, and Garbage's s/t debut all came out in 1995 :psych:

I think we need to educate the children :hippo:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.