Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Madame X said:

was there ever a pinkprint/tnc/bwet rate?

they all came out in 2014.... 

No, I don’t recall anything like that!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

No, I don’t recall anything like that!

i think it would be interesting........... would 212 win?  probably.

i remember the 2017 girl rapper rate, bickenhead winning was a scream. 

• ATRL Moderator

btw, whoever pinned my madge rate - THANK YOU! 

7 hours ago, Madame X said:

was there ever a pinkprint/tnc/bwet rate?

they all came out in 2014.... 

yes there was. I remember participating. 
but we can probably do a remix.

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, Pink Matter said:

Rate idea: Ultimate Rap Rate: 2015 Edition

Drake- If You're Reading This, It's Too Late

Kendrick: To Pimp a Butterfly

J. Cole: 2014 Forest Hill Drive

A$AP Rocky: At.Long.Last.A$AP

Big Sean: Dark Sky Paradise

Travis Scott: Rodeo

Whew the way 19 year old me at back in 2015. I don't think another year in Rap has fed the same way since :weeps: I'd love to host something like this but I have no time lol

A remix of the girls - I love that idea!

ALTHOUGH it should probably include Hard Core and Supa Dupa Fly too. (That way we can focus on icons and not... Iggy Azelea.)

So a rate of debuts from Latifah/Kim/Missy/Nicki/Cardi I'd be down for!

And a 2020 rate of Suga/Good News/Hot Pink/ho, why is u here? I'd also be down for!

That way it's not so much a redo as a remix!

(If we do this, IOP would have featured in three rates... its' mind! its' power! its impact!)

3 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

ALTHOUGH it should probably include Hard Core and Supa Dupa Fly too. (That way we can focus on icons and not... Iggy Azelea.)

And a 2020 rate of Suga/Good News/Hot Pink/ho, why is u here? I'd also be down for!

(If we do this, IOP would have featured in three rates... its' mind! its' power! its impact!)

I say remove SUGA and replace it with Bree's 2000AND4EVA and that would be perfect! And I like the revised female rap debut rate with Missy, Kim, and Queen La. Hopefully someone gets on either one of these :flower: 

Btw this rate gave me an idea for another one! It would be this:

French Pop Divas: 2000s Edition (Alizée, Lorie, Jenifer and Nâdiya) 

I would love to host it! :heart:

Edited by PiecesOfYou

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, PiecesOfYou said:

Btw this rate gave me an idea for another one! It would be this:

French Pop Divas: 2000s Edition (Alizée, Lorie, Jenifer and Nâdiya) 

I would love to host it! :heart:

I like that idea - sure!

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ace Reject said:

Remember how we never did that More Than Rap rate? I think it was Speakerboxxx/The Love Below vs. Miseducation of Lauryn Hill vs. I can’t remember what else. But we should revive that!

• ATRL Moderator

We did the female 90s debut didn’t we? I remember foxy winning :toofunny2:

On 2/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, Madame X said:

We did the female 90s debut didn’t we? I remember foxy winning :toofunny2:

Yes I believe so. :toofunny3:

It's been 4 years and a new era of borls and gorls have debuted since (I think, right? well let's find out). A 3rd installment of New Wave of R&B? Thoughts? Suggestions?

@Weed @Eeveelution @Madame X @Pink Matter @Tom Vercetti @Truth Teller @Reverie @K$Ellie @minho

(forgetting some others)

13 minutes ago, MP2K said:

It's been 4 years and a new era of borls and gorls have debuted since (I think, right? well let's find out). A 3rd installment of New Wave of R&B? Thoughts? Suggestions?

@Weed @Eeveelution @Madame X @Pink Matter @Tom Vercetti @Truth Teller @Reverie @K$Ellie @minho

(forgetting some others)

Down for a 3rd installment but who would even make the cut? I feel like a majority of the relevant/good acts were used up in the last one.

29 minutes ago, Pink Matter said:

Down for a 3rd installment but who would even make the cut? I feel like a majority of the relevant/good acts were used up in the last one.

hmm im trying to see who would make it hot and interesting the same time. A lot of the artists have become popular and wouldn't be considered "Other" R&B artists anymore. But maybe we can do a mixed batch and open it to anyone that released in the past 5 years.

20 minutes ago, MP2K said:

hmm im trying to see who would make it hot and interesting the same time. A lot of the artists have become popular and wouldn't be considered "Other" R&B artists anymore. But maybe we can do a mixed batch and open it to anyone that released in the past 5 years.

After I quick scroll through my library, there's Chloe x Halle, Lucky Daye, Giveon, Ari Lennox, VanJess, Summer Walker, Jorja Smith, Kali Uchis, Omar Apollo, Sampha (don't remember if he was in the 2017 rate), serpentwithfeet, Victoria Monet so there's certainly new artists we can prioritize but we might have to add old artists too

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, MP2K said:

You didn't have Summer/Ella/Ari/CxH in there the last time, did you? Already the makings of a lineup. Plus Gideon, Gallant, Kiana Lede, Snoh Aalegra, Yebba, Lucky Daye, Omar Apollo....

Requesting someone start the Icons/Legends/Moments series of rates! Break it down into three:

Early 2010s

Mid 2010s

MIAMTEC v. Kiss Me Once v. AKA v. Unbreakable versus... ugh Rebel Heart

Late 2010s

Caution v. Golden v. Liberation v. Cigarettes and Sex v. Madame X v. Courage

1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

You didn't have Summer/Ella/Ari/CxH in there the last time, did you? Already the makings of a lineup. Plus Gideon, Gallant, Kiana Lede, Snoh Aalegra, Yebba, Lucky Daye, Omar Apollo....

4 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

After I quick scroll through my library, there's Chloe x Halle, Lucky Daye, Giveon, Ari Lennox, VanJess, Summer Walker, Jorja Smith, Kali Uchis, Omar Apollo, Sampha (don't remember if he was in the 2017 rate), serpentwithfeet, Victoria Monet so there's certainly new artists we can prioritize but we might have to add old artists too

You know what, ya'll are right. We have our candidates for the lineup. Wouldn't even have to do too many repeats actually.

I'll cook up a proposal.

6 hours ago, MP2K said:

(forgetting some others)

Can't wait! 

23 minutes ago, MP2K said:

You know what, ya'll are right. We have our candidates for the lineup. Wouldn't even have to do too many repeats actually.

I'll cook up a proposal.

Don't forget my baby Gabriel Garzon Montano :allears: 

Edit: Was Lion Babe in the 2017 one? If not through them in their too :fish1:

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/18/2017 at 12:47 PM, Ace Reject said:

RATES ON HIATUS

4. This WAS POP: 2001 (VOTE NOW)

Rate Host: EJQL8

12. These ARE The Acclaimed Singles (VOTE NOW)

Rate Host: Wicked

14. The Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize Rate Part 1: '03 - '07

Rate Hose: Ace Reject

Can we revive these?

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Late 2010s

Caution v. Golden v. Liberation v. Cigarettes and Sex v. Madame X v. Courage

The top ten will just be all of Caution.

17 hours ago, MP2K said:

I'll cook up a proposal.

You never published the Frank vs Miguel vs Abel results :giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

The top ten will just be all of Caution.

And that would be the biggest kii of all! Although Long as I Live and Like I Do deserve!

I wouldn't be opposed to shoving Madame X and Courage off the rate because I don't want to listen to them again...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.