Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

Hello! I'd like to host a Mylene Farmer singles rate, what should I do in order to get a permisson? @Ace Reject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, madonnas said:

I’m thinking mostly 80s singles, hit/relevant singles from other decades, and then a few non singles that get radio airplay still (adore and erotic city etc) 

Prince - The WB years 78 - 95 :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Hello! I'd like to host a Mylene Farmer singles rate, what should I do in order to get a permisson? @Ace Reject

You can start it!

3 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

You can start it!

Can I open the thread for it and start accepting ballots?

• ATRL Moderator

Yep!

• ATRL Moderator

Is TW2018 happening? 2016's and 2017's Part 1s were well done by this point and their respective Part 2s were well underway for ballot submissions but to my knowledge we've heard nothing about 2018 so far :rip:

right, I was just thinking about this, is tw2018 even happening?

rate culture is kinda dead atm huh 

22 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

rate culture is kinda dead atm huh 

Here’s an idea. Why dont we start with TW2018 Part2 since you’re available?

CC: @Ace Reject

19 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Here’s an idea. Why dont we start with TW2018 Part2 since you’re available?

CC: @Ace Reject

Get @supaspaz to do part 1 first since my current schedule is not gonna make things work at the moment.  

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Get @supaspaz to do part 1 first since my current schedule is not gonna make things work at the moment.  

I was getting ready to launch a couple of weeks ago and my computer crashed. I lost Photoshop, so I can’t make graphics anymore. But I do owe it to you all to actually do this thing.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:02 AM, madonnas said:

Mostly 80s with essential songs from other decades and then also non singles like adore/erotic city.

@Ace Reject

I'm so here for this. :jonny: I've never done a rate before but this is at the perfect time for me. 

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/10/2019 at 5:51 AM, Mariya Takeuchi said:

Prince - The WB years 78 - 95 :jonny5:

ok yes, this is good

@Ace Reject

can i do it based on those years?

• ATRL Moderator

Sure!

I've said this before but I think rates are only dead/dying down because we don't have any new blood that's interested in doing them (the last time we let new people register was 12/2017 right? And those new members that registered recently were from back then I believe?).

I feel like the reason rates are dying down now is because old members that hosted rates just don't have the time to do so. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself since life has gotten busier for me. Idk, but it's sad because this thread used to be so lit and popping back in the day but we've pretty much only moved five pages in the past five months :rip: 

On 1/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, theblackestday said:

Realistically, the ideal line-ups for the rates would have been

TW2018 Part 1: Dirty Computer / Be the Cowboy / Golden Hour / Daytona / Honey

TW2018 Part 2: Sweetener / Invasion of Privacy / Chris / Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides / Isolation

Alternative Rate: Double Negative / 7 / In a Poem Unlimited / Safe in the Hands of Love

tenor.gif

Scrihming at none of these rates being hosted :deadbanana4: These all would've been great rates too. Sad :'( 

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Scrihming at none of these rates being hosted :deadbanana4: These all would've been great rates too. Sad :'( 

The Alt Rate was hosted way back at the start of the year for some reason (with a different lineup than that) :rip: Supa said he's working on TW2018 Part 1 as well

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

The Alt Rate was hosted way back at the start of the year for some reason (with a different lineup than that) :rip: Supa said he's working on TW2018 Part 1 as well

Oops :rip: sorry @Blue Rose (especially since I failed to send a ballot for that rate too asdfghjkl). I didn't see it in the OP so I assumed it never finished.

TW2018 Pt. 1 and 2 should've been/underway by now though :'( 

Besides Daytona and Honey, none the TW2018 contenders have aged well :skull: 

TW2019 contenders so far Spellling, Weyes Blood, Solange, Julia Cracklin, James Blake.

not very exciting :rip: 

Being honest, I miss most of the rates because I don't see them. If we had a section just for rates like games/YTT/etc, I think they would be more successful.

Is it possible to host a rate in the entertainment section with the tag "rate"?

I want to host a characters rate for GoT :duca:

46 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Besides Daytona and Honey, none the TW2018 contenders have aged well :skull: 

TW2019 contenders so far Spellling, Weyes Blood, Solange, Julia Cracklin, James Blake.

not very exciting :rip: 

I feel like the albums from Pt. 2 (besides Chris) would get make for a good rate since those albums still hold up and they would get decent traction since all those artists individually have decently sized fanbases.

And I'm not even remotely caught up on 2019 music so I can't even agree or disagree on the latter point :rip: 

31 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Being honest, I miss most of the rates because I don't see them. If we had a section just for rates like games/YTT/etc, I think they would be more successful.

Rates have always done pretty well in the past just being in the Base but for some reason there's just been a shift in the interest of these kinds of threads. I think the shift was some time around the Summer or Fall of last year. The last big rate to my knowledge were the Tinashe and Janelle Monae Discography Rates and those finished back in August and September.

12 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

I think you only need permission for music related rates in the Base section. All others should be fine (like those Video Game rates).

@Ace Reject @supaspaz?

14 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Yes and you dont need permission for that. 

3 minutes ago, Pink Matter said:

I feel like the albums from Pt. 2 (besides Chris) would get make for a good rate since those albums still hold up and they would get decent traction since all those artists individually have decently sized fanbases.

And I'm not even remotely caught up on 2019 music so I can't even agree or disagree on the latter point :rip: 

Rates have always done pretty well in the past just being in the Base but for some reason there's just been a shift in the interest of these kinds of threads. I think the shift was some time around the Summer or Fall of last year. The last big rate to my knowledge were the Tinashe and Janelle Monae Discography Rates and those finished back in August and September.

Yeah cant wait for part2. I hope we add Freedom to the list. 

I dont think i want to sit through part1 albums again.

Using Chris in Alternative rate was the right and best fit for that album. It all worked out very well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.