En Vogue Has 1st Top 10 Hit in 20 Years

LesFleur

A little late with this but Rocket is back to #10 on Urban AC. It was released in December and has a positive move. Longevity :alexz:

En Vogue Returns With First Top 10 Airplay Chart Hit in Over 20 Years

BILLBOARD

01-en-vogue-2018-cr-Ben-Duggan-billboard-1548.jpg

"Rocket" is the quartet-turned-trio's first top 10 hit on the Adult R&B Songs chart since "Don't Let Go (Love)" spent six weeks in the top 10 in February and March of 1997 (peaking at No. 7). It's the act's first top 10 on any Billboard airplay chart since June and July of 1997, when "Whatever" hit the top 10 on Rhythmic Songs, R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay and Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop.

En Vogue has charted 10 hits on the Adult R&B Songs chart since the tally launched in 1993. Overall, the act has logged 14 entries on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100chart, including a trio of No. 2 hits: "Hold On," "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)" and "Don't Let Go (Love)." On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, they have claimed 16 hits, with six reaching No. 1: "Hold On," "Lies," "You Don't Have to Worry," "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)," "Giving Him Something He Can Feel" and "Don't Let Go (Love).

Apple Music

Google Play

Amazon

Edited by JonathanLGardner

Yes you better educate ATRL on these legends :clap3: 

Mess at it being top 10 on airplay and not even charting on the hot 100.

so messy

Just now, Ash12345 said:

so messy

It’s only getting play on that format. Most UAC songs don’t chart these days unless they’ve crossed over to other formats.

It's a great song but damn ma it reminds me so much of Beyonce's Rocket :dies:

They were at our Pride a few years ago and super for gay rights too. legends :clap3:

their single its awesome

legends :clap3: 

21 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

so messy

Their last Hot 100 entry was 2000's "Riddle". It's a very difficult climate at the moment for R&B music on the pop and mainstream charts.

Most R&B artists are now confined to the Adult R&B Songs chart and can barely make it onto R&B/Hip-Hop songs which is now full of trap and rap music.

Billboard needs to differentiate and create a seperate Rap/Hip-Hop Songs and R&B/Soul chart.

• 4 months later...

Reach 4 Me is racing up Urban AC, currently #29 :duca:

Could be their next top 10 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.