ATRL Mafia II: Social Media(SIGN-UPS CLOSED, Accepting Subs)

Dessy

ATRL Mafia II - Sign-ups Thread

General idea

This is another mafia game similar in veins to Jan's Stars vs. Flops game. As you would expect the rules are very similar, but each mafia host offer something different to the game so not everything will function the same way. This is similar in concept to the fast-paced Town of Salem.

In this game, players are thrust into a situation where there is a vicious crime faction, the Mafia. The Town goal is to eliminate all threatening non-town faction. The 3P have their own separate win conditions and are not aligned with either faction. 

Phases

There are two phases in the game: Day Phase and Night Phase. During Day Phase, all players deliberate and vote to lynch (eliminate) one player from the game. During Night Phase, the Mafia deliberate and decide to kill off one player. Players may have abilities with allow them to act in either phases. 

Phases will be 36 hours for Day, and 12 hours for Night. My phases will be at 7 EST. Game start could be Sunday 7:00 AM EST. I will confirm at a later date.

Game size

Not decided until people sign-up. Ideally I want between:

20-25 Players

---

17-20 Town
4-5 Mafia
1-3 3P

These are flexible depending on sign-up and one of three themes chosen.

Themes

As promised, I have three themes for you to choose from. Normally, a host just pick whatever one they want and go on from there. But I had these concepts sitting in my Google Docs for a while and would like you to be able to pick.

Keep in mind that there are all sample roles. Their actual role may potentially differ from what they are in the game, unless stated otherwise. 

Social Media War Mafia - This game is freshly designed and adjusted to ATRL tastes. In other words, this is the best designed game of the 3 for you all, if you so choose. 

Spoiler

Sample Roles

rpKe3b8.png

Facebook (Investigator)
News Feed: Once per night, you can investigate a player to learn of their alignment. If the action fails, the result will come back as inconclusive. 

7BTpi27.png

Instagram (Doctor)
Picture Perfect: Once per night, you can target a player. They will not be killed, if attacked.

YkflYjB.png

Friendster (Enforcer)
Once per night, you can enforce a player. If they have any ability, it will not be successful during the night.

WWE: Post-Mania Backlash Mafia - This one would have more story flavor and strong gif potential. 

Spoiler

eZkICbn.gif

AJ Styles (Investigator)

The Phenomenal One: Once per night, you can investigate a player to learn of their alignment. If the action fails, the results will come back as inconclusive. 

lPPdyd3.gif

Sasha Banks (Godmother)

Legit Boss: If investigated, you will be found as aligned with the Town.

Kingdom Hearts Mafia - This one is a bit more advanced but still easy enough to jump into. 

Spoiler

OdgZO8k.png

Riku (Vigilante)
Consume the darkness, return it to light: You begin the game with 2 stocks. Starting Night 2, you may use one shot to make a kill. If you kill a Villain, you will gain one stock - this will only happen once.

WdPebST.jpg

Maleficent (Mafioso)
Mistress of all evil: If Master Xehanort is killed/lynched, you will take his place gaining the ability of the Godfather. In the meantime, you will be performing the kill for Master Xehanort like the puppet you are.  

VOTE HERE:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTUYCr1m8SyZ60PYfWuj8cPiFrfgZ6J4YqXRZp3TpCPF78kw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Sorry no actual cards like Jan's, they take a lot of effort to make. These quotes will function as cards in the game. 

Voting

Every Day Phase, all players must submit a valid lynch vote in the thread. It must be bolded and underlined and state the name of the player. Here is an example of how a valid lynch vote should look like: Lynch Dessy. If you don't want to lynch anyone, you may submit No lynch. If you want to take back a vote, Unlynch or Unlynch Dessy. Be warned, this will count as not voting if you fail to submit by end of Day. 

Votes may be changed as many times as you wish until the end of the Day Phase; the last one submitted counts.

Tie votes will be randomized. So if two votes for players are equal, it will be randomized so that one is dead. No lynch is the only way to prevent a lynch in this game.

Elimination

Once you are dead by lynch or kill, you are removed from the game and you may no longer post in the game thread. You will be allowed to post again only after the game is over. You are strictly not allowed to coach or discuss with any remaining players in the game. Your role and alignment will be revealed when you die. There will be a spectator's chat for people to observe the game upon death.

Disqualification

Players are disqualified at the end of the phase, or on the spot for more serious violations. Disqualified players are treated as if they were lynched or killed and may suffer extra consequences.

If:

• You don't submit a valid lynch vote during Day Phase you will receive a warning. Failure to do so for the second time results in a disqualification
  • You are caught discussing the game outside of: the game thread, the Mafia chat or the Spectator's Chat should there be one, you are out without warning. If you are dead in the game and cheating by talking to players who are still alive, I may no longer allow you to play in any game I may host in the future.
  • You edit a post you will receive a warning. If you edit a post for the second time, you will be disqualified!
  • You make a screenshot of any PM I send you and share it, directly quote any PM I send you, or post an image of your role pm, you will be disqualified. Posting images of cards which have been revealed is allowed, since that information will be accessible from the game thread. 
  • This game still follows ATRL rules, so any violation will be reported and dealt with accordingly. There were no issues last game, so let's keep it like that.

Other information

• Role and ability claiming is allowed, however you may not quote or post an image of your role pm in the thread.
  • This is a game which requires active participation. If you're not able to contribute, don't sign up. No one is expected to be in the thread all day. But think of it as making at least 5 substantive posts a day.
  • If you have any questions about the game rules, feel free to ask them here.
  • If you wish to sign up, state so in this thread.

Tags

@Alpha @Badboidami @bestfiction @Caprice @Dibbles @Dolce Vita @Ecstasy @gxnesis @that G.U.Y. @HotHeaven @Hug @jamesfog  @KatyCatPH @Vigoorian King @levi_valvi @mokitsu @Opium @URBAN @paulyyyozd @Pendulum @PoKiTaurus @Queen Conchita @Red Light
@Satan @Unoriginal

Please invite people you think would enjoy this game!

---

Please ask any question you may have. And all new players are welcomed!

*And credit to Jan for writing the rules up, previously. I edited some details for this game, obviously. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dessy

• Satan

• Unoriginal

• touya kinomoto

hey gang :-* 

Social Media omg :duca: 

1. URBAN

2. Mokitsu

3. Satan

4. Unoriginal

5. paulyyyozd

6. Dibbles

7. levi_valvi

8. Fruity

9. Badboidami

10. Xedretinz Lododnz

11. Lukey

12. HotHeaven

13. bestfiction

14. PoKiTaurus

15. Guero

16. KatyCatPH

17. jamesfog

18. Hug

19. Ratchet  ★ 

20. Ecstasy

21. thecptz

22. Pendulum

23. Dolce Vita

24. gxnesis 

25. K$Ellie

26. Diarrhoea

Sub:

Spec:

Edited by Dessy

1. URBAN

2. Mokitsu

3. Satan

ueiV0Ht.gif

Okay then 

Haven't even made the poll yet 

ueiV0Ht.gif

I love and adore dessy outside of mafia wars, but omg i'm so glad you ain't playing you wouldn't get off our necks in the previous game :toofunny3: 

I'm kinda leaning into Kingdom Hearts because the roles sound more interesting :duca: but social media sounds cool too

Social media is a great theme! I don't really understand the references in the other two themes :sorry: 

ugh i'm so ready to embody this MAN

Forgot to mention, roles will be randomized. So, there will be no bias in alignments or abilities. 

Sign me up! This looked so fun, forcing all interaction in the thread definitely improves the game 

sign me up :-*

40 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Social media is a great theme! I don't really understand the references in the other two themes :sorry: 

ugh i'm so ready to embody this MAN

A legend :jonny5: 

Edited by Fruity

Fruity and xl joining ? :duca: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.