Why does ATRL hate K-Pop?

233 posts in this topic

I always see posts about how bad K-Pop is. Why?

racism and lack of taste

Racism and lack of taste 

atrl has some of the worst taste on the internet and the rest of the site is jealous that the k-pop thread is the only one that isn't dead half the time

giphy.gif

Lack of taste and K-Pop-phobia

I was gonna say inb4 "racism!!11" but the K-Poppers were too quick oh no

It's actually not racism but more of xenophobia. They are just afraid of going out of their comfort zones and listen to songs they don't understand. If you are truly a fan of music, that must not be the case because true love of music transcends language barriers.

Lack of taste and Xenophobia 

Maybe it's not racism or whatever you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better. 

Maybe people just don't like it because it's not that good (the videos y'all spam prove that hihi) or it's just not what they're into.

IfFENkc.gif

i dont hate it its just not my cup of tea. i gave it a try, but it always sounded way over the top and childish to me. 

It's generic trash.

Because it’s not appealing to most people. 

2 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

It's actually not racosm but more of xenophobia. They are just afraid of going out of their comfort zones and listen to songs they don't understand. If you are truly a fan of music, that must not be the case because true love of music transcends language barriers.

is there a name for fear of music/media from other countries?

1 minute ago, Ryanicorn said:

Maybe it's not racism or whatever you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better. 

Maybe people just don't like it, because it's not that good or it's just not what they're into.

IfFENkc.gif

It's an entire industry and umbrella of music. No one says they hate American pop.

It's more generic than modern Western pop music, which is already generic as hell :cm:

1 minute ago, KKW said:

It's more generic than modern Western pop music, which is already generic as hell :cm:

Basically. 

Just now, Vine101 said:

It's an entire industry and umbrella of music. No one says they hate American pop.

Well, there's no such thing as an American Pop, so that's probably why.

fatphobia

1 minute ago, Ryanicorn said:

Maybe people just don't like it, because it's not that good or it's just not what they're into.

IfFENkc.gif

But the thing is when people say they hate K-Pop they can never give reasons

Its manufactured!!11 so are all the pop stars they stan

They have no input in the songs!!11 same as all the pop stars they stan

these points are not even the case for every K-Pop act anyway

If a K-Pop hater can come up with a genuine reason as to why they dislike an ENTIRE countries music, then ill listen but if not, it most likely is racism 

IfFENkc.gif

generic and weak vocals

BvzZ7HY.gif

Let me share with you some of the K-pop songs I listen to. Maybe this will help you change your mind about the genre.

I used to be a K-Pop stan until Jessica from GG left / got kicked out. I've always preferred J-Pop though, to me it's the less reductive Asian pop genre (not to pit them against each other or anything). Plus these K-Pops groups that dabble in hip-hop are really... unaware of the race aspect of the genre leading to a big mess. Plus now, the music is generique, the group that might bring me back is LOONA but I only like G Front and Singing In the Rain

2 minutes ago, willmcclure9 said:

But the thing is when people say they hate K-Pop they can never give reasons

Its manufactured!!11 so are all the pop stars they stan

They have no input in the songs!!11 same as all the pop stars they stan

these points are not even the case for every K-Pop act anyway

If a K-Pop hater can come up with a genuine reason as to why they dislike an ENTIRE countries music, then ill listen but if not, it most likely is racism 

IfFENkc.gif

I mean, you literally just gave a few reasons but okay :rip:

If they don't like it, get over it :rip: Just listen to it and enjoy :cm:

Because... there's nothing artistic about it.  All of the k-pop idols are sent to camps and trained to be entertainers, and then they are put into their groups and given generic and trendy songs, impressive choreography, and cool-looking videos that will appeal to the masses.  Sure, it can be fun music.  But it's all concocted by old men in a board room.