Florence + The Machine - 'High As Hope'

3,467 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

I love summoning demons

edit: dd I didn't even see @ahauntingnearu's post before posting this, gr8 minds think alike!

Lowkey mad she didn't do the throat thingy at the end

:eli:

Also I was upset - but I honestly think that mightve been spur of the moment while recording? (And Emile was probs like, wtf?) Idk I cant imagine her cooking up the idea and recording that a bunch of times till it was perfect?

1 hour ago, crymelanie said:

It's Lover to Lover

Not Lovers to Lovers

And get a taste for God's sake wtf

Your post is such an addition to a conversation, wow. I said what I said. And have you actually paid attention to what I have written? You dumb or just ignorant as fcuk? Ceremonials is awesome heavenly body of work, but it is just... it just doesn't fit together as well. Heavenly songs (Shake it Out, No Light...., Leave My Body) are mixed with songs that sound mediocre or out of place (Lover to Lover -omg I have added an extra S crucify me...smh). High As Hope is surely getting onto being my fave, my opinion, I'm not telling you to get a taste just because I may disagree with your opinion, I respect your opinion, you should respect other too.

13 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Your post is such an addition to a conversation, wow. I said what I said. And have you actually paid attention to what I have written? You dumb or just ignorant as fcuk? Ceremonials is awesome heavenly body of work, but it is just... it just doesn't fit together as well. Heavenly songs (Shake it Out, No Light...., Leave My Body) are mixed with songs that sound mediocre or out of place (Lover to Lover -omg I have added an extra S crucify me...smh). High As Hope is surely getting onto being my fave, my opinion, I'm not telling you to get a taste just because I may disagree with your opinion, I respect your opinion, you should respect other too.

I agree with the Ceremonials part. It has some duds here and there whereas HAH and HBHBHB are excellent. Not even a bad song. :clap3:

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Drag ha a bit :rip: 

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

I agree with the Ceremonials part. It has some duds here and there whereas HAH and HBHBHB are excellent. Not even a bad song. :clap3:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

14 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

:ahh:

18 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

:bibliahh: 

7 minutes ago, Black Umbrella said:

4 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

:coffee:

37 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

16 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

:coffee:

you chose each album's respective best song :dies: 

45 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

56 minutes ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

Yes, both albums have their BEST SONGS indeed :)

OT: She is over, HAH is dead, end the era

So, HAH is definitely her most cohesive work and, after initially being disappointed by only 10 tracks, I understand and enjoy the decision.

Does anyone remember if her Deluxe / Bonus versions were re-releases, or released at the same time? Because I am low-key still holding out for some bonus content, but I don't want to ruin the story of the album.

13 hours ago, Paddy said:

warning point for this? seriously? :rip: 

13 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

This is exactly my point. Like I absolutely love Ceremonials and I was slightly disappointed with HBHBHB when it came out. Ceremonials was such a perfect era and when she got the orchestra to perform all those extra gigs.. WOW. Never thought she could top that album tbh. But as a body of work it's all over the place. Breaking Down just doesn't fit the album. Lover to Lover doesn't either, I actually like more the video version of the song when they dramatised it a little at the beginning, it sounds more like a Ceremonials-worthy, but then it still sounds like the album version and that just doesn't fit the mix in-between Never Let Me Go, No Light and Seven Devils. Heartlines and All This and Heaven Too sound like from another album too. Ceremonials could easily be split into two different albums. Also let's not forget that Bedroom Hymns should have been on the standard album, not deluxe. Remain Nameless is great too. As much as I love Ceremonials, High As Hope is strong body of work, no fillers, no songs that sound out of place it's, I believe, her most cohesive album and the lyrics are just so perfect.

9 hours ago, Qbuilderz said:

So, HAH is definitely her most cohesive work and, after initially being disappointed by only 10 tracks, I understand and enjoy the decision.

Does anyone remember if her Deluxe / Bonus versions were re-releases, or released at the same time? Because I am low-key still holding out for some bonus content, but I don't want to ruin the story of the album.

She always released deluxe versions at the same time as standard. She also re-released Between Two Lungs - but at the time, normal classic 'deluxe' was already out anyway - (I believe it was a year later / one year anniversary and it celebrated her first Glastonbury - main stage - performance and included audio from Glastonbury). 

Something stinks in here y'all... where the heck did that user who doesn't even deserve to be quoted even come from? :rip: 

13 hours ago, crymelanie said:

HBHBHB has mother 

HAH has June

1 hour ago, Steffani Gaga said:

Something stinks in here y'all... where the heck did that user who doesn't even deserve to be quoted even come from? :rip: 

Stop acting so elitist.