Jump to content

168,273 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

BreatheMoi
31 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

 

 

Okay omg I love this performance. She took her hair down and said bitch let's turn it up, and immediately the crowd does. Anyone who says she's not aware is delusional and this performance shows it. Like I would've done anything to go to the Circuit show. She experimented so much with the choreo, her freestyling was on point, so comfortable with it all. You can even see she encourages and interacts heavily with the dancers. And peep the end when queen is too tired to finish the GM freestyle. I love her. 

The “It’s Britney, bitch!” Part of the show will forever give me chills from POM. Even when I saw her live the way the whole freaking crowd roared and screamed :jonny5: 

 

the cockroach of pop LOVES to make a comeback, when it will be time for her to snatch her moment, she’ll be back :sosad::sosad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slave 4 U
1 hour ago, FefeDobson said:

It’s time to have a discussion about the greatest pop tour of all time. The Dream Within A Dream Tour was truly a head of its time. What a epic show. The stage layout was insane. The entrance with the rock remix of Oops and she spinner upside on that platform oh my gosh and the ending when she said “oops I did it again” and fell backwards :jonny5:

 

the overprotected jumpsuit costume :jonny5:

the born to make you happy / lucky / sometimes medley :jonny5:

the pyro effects coming out of the dancers during stronger :jonny5:

Her being the original p!nk doing flips in the air :jonny5:

the what it’s like to be me performance literally being some of the best and most underrated choreography of her entire career :jonny5:

the ending of slave 4 u when she climbs the latter :jonny5:

the hologram of her in the rain during Baby one more time with all the pyro being on beat with the music and all the rain and how she exits the stage smiling back at the crowd :jonny5:

like what the actual ****.. did we ever deserve a performer this amazing? I’ve watched this show five million times and it still wow me everytime. Nobody is putting on a show like that now. It makes me so sad. Britney really is my favorite performer ever. Her charisma was out of this world :( 

 

 

1yc9id.gif 

 

I wish I had been old enough at the time to watch this show, it truly is my favourite tour of all time :chick3: The Slave 4 U, Oops and What It's Like to Be Me performances are some of her best. Anticipating's performance doesn't get enough love either, I know it's a little childish but it just seemed so fun and I loved the sing along Britney does at the end with the crowd. She truly had a charisma and stage presence that has been unmatched by any performer since :jonny5: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FefeDobson
14 minutes ago, Slave 4 U said:

1yc9id.gif 

 

I wish I had been old enough at the time to watch this show, it truly is my favourite tour of all time :chick3: The Slave 4 U, Oops and What It's Like to Be Me performances are some of her best. Anticipating's performance doesn't get enough love either, I know it's a little childish but it just seemed so fun and I loved the sing along Britney does at the end with the crowd. She truly had a charisma and stage presence that has been unmatched by any performer since :jonny5: 

 

Ugh right. Such a epic show. Production was way better than today’s pop tours too. I wasn’t old enough either. My first time I was supposed to see her was Onyx. I had fourth row for my birthday and she cancelled because of her knee :( 

 

while we are on the subject though Onyx wasn’t that great and such a step down from DWAD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DD420
1 hour ago, udkmee said:

Why is this fanbase so obsessed with her producing another album that is a blackout 2.0? Like the way you guys want so much for her to be just a clone of her past success is more of an hindrance in the way to become a better artist than anything else. Cause when she went into the studio to record toxic she wasn't arching back to older material. When she made blackout she wasn't arching back to older material. 

It's disappointing and keeps her in a box. :katie:

 

Completely agree. Britney has thrived when she’s doing what she wants to do and allowed to let loose.

 

A lot of people (rightfully) blame BJ on Larry, her team, Will, etc... But fans also had a huge hand in it. People were clamoring for a “personal” album. So her team responded and we got something that you can almost tell Brit did everything in her power to sabotage behind the scenes.

 

I’m going to get a little conspiratorial here, but it’s like she decided one day, “Fine. You want to fart out a Britney album, that I’m not really into. Good luck.” And her team tried, and it was pretty much a disaster. I don’t think she ever wants to hurt her fans, so she did as much as she could “in private” with the endgame of wrestling some control back. She still met most of her public-facing obligations, of course, but overall, she always seemed to be giving the bare minimum. On the video side, while always one to court controversy in the past (no press is bad press,) she scrapped and edited out anything that might make a splash for the wrong reason and bring attention to her projects. Sure, she might be looking at things from a different perspective now with two kids who consume media and will always have to live with her their mom is and was, but there just seems to always be more to the story when it comes to the machine around her. 

 

Anyway, my point is, that eventually paved the way for Glory, which to me, is beyond true-to-form. It’s quintessential while still an evolution of Britney and where her place in pop is. It’s quirky, she goes for it, she sounds great. It’s awesome. Let’s just let her be free and do what she wants, because she always delivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slave 4 U
5 minutes ago, FefeDobson said:

Ugh right. Such a epic show. Production was way better than today’s pop tours too. I wasn’t old enough either. My first time I was supposed to see her was Onyx. I had fourth row for my birthday and she cancelled because of her knee :( 

 

while we are on the subject though Onyx wasn’t that great and such a step down from DWAD.

Onyx is very hit or miss. The first few performances with the all-black outfit are incredible, Breathe On Me is one of her best, and The Hook Up, Outrageous, Shadow and Everytime were good too. I also liked that they switched up BOMT and Oops, definitely gave them a more mature vibe that suited the show better. I hate the IGTBB performance, it's one of my favourite Britney songs and I loved how she performed it on the ABC special, but it lacked oomph on tour. Such a big dance song deserves a massive choreo and what they delivered on tour was just a whole bunch of walking around stage (plus the outfit for that performance is horrendous). MATM is let down by the outfit too, which she had just stuck to the original. 

 

Overall I think the vibe of the show is great, but the sound quality and lack of changing the sets up a bit lets it down. The Circus tour was definitely a step-up production wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FefeDobson
3 hours ago, Slave 4 U said:

Onyx is very hit or miss. The first few performances with the all-black outfit are incredible, Breathe On Me is one of her best, and The Hook Up, Outrageous, Shadow and Everytime were good too. I also liked that they switched up BOMT and Oops, definitely gave them a more mature vibe that suited the show better. I hate the IGTBB performance, it's one of my favourite Britney songs and I loved how she performed it on the ABC special, but it lacked oomph on tour. Such a big dance song deserves a massive choreo and what they delivered on tour was just a whole bunch of walking around stage (plus the outfit for that performance is horrendous). MATM is let down by the outfit too, which she had just stuck to the original. 

 

Overall I think the vibe of the show is great, but the sound quality and lack of changing the sets up a bit lets it down. The Circus tour was definitely a step-up production wise. 

Tea! It’s like they got lazy with Onyx, but I’m assuming she wanted to do something a little more raw and mature which is why the props, sets, etc. where limited. The black suit is one of her best costumes ever. I agree with Boom Boom too. The ABC special and TRL performances were both great of that. The lack of choreography in Toxic though also bored me to this date due to the fact that the ABC special choreography was just absolutely insane. That Toxic into Breathe On and transition at ABC was one of the best things she’s ever done. I liked the hotel vibe but In The Zone being her best album imo, it deserved a better and bigger tour production wise. Still was a good show and would’ve been my first time seeing her.. would’ve been so cool to see her in her “prime”. Circus was my first time. I was 12 years old so I was absolutely in shock.. such a great production. Then I saw Femme Fatale and Piece Of Me. Looking forward to Domination. Still seeing her in person is so crazy to me, because growing up she really was my everything. Praying for a great Vegas show next year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slw84
9 hours ago, Ozzy8923 said:

I still think her eras will be Vegas-oriented but this time with a much better album and show (and ticket bundle for the album, hopefully). So I ain't mad. I definitely agree with @slw84 that shows like the BBMA's, VMA's and AMA's are good slots to book. Award show performances don't make hit songs (and I'm definitely not expecting a hit by any means) anymore but it's nice to have them since the fans like them a lot. 

Yes she’s not getting s hit but at least chart a single and get people excited about new shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Breathe On Me
16 hours ago, udkmee said:

Why is this fanbase so obsessed with her producing another album that is a blackout 2.0? Like the way you guys want so much for her to be just a clone of her past success is more of an hindrance in the way to become a better artist than anything else. Cause when she went into the studio to record toxic she wasn't arching back to older material. When she made blackout she wasn't arching back to older material. 

It's disappointing and keeps her in a box. :katie:

 

SAY IT LOUDER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucyyyyyyyyy

I miss her so much oh my god I can’t believe I was supposed to be in Vegas right now and Domination would begin tomorrow 🥺🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemo
8 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

 

HERE WE GO NOW!

 

8S8LCAv.gif

A bop but don't you think BOMT is her best album............??

 

8S8LCAv.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lovemehateme

Toxic on YT

 

2019/02/02    198,459

2019/02/03    177,204

2019/02/04    151,120

2019/02/05    155,419

2019/02/06    178,514

2019/02/07    189,024

2019/02/08    200,045

2019/02/09    217,307

 

It better stay like this bitch :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reinvention

"Toxic" is cute but like I'm so damn over it. Ugh love that "Breathe on Me" got such a moment in 2016. How f*cking iconic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unusualyou

I miss Britney :weeps::weeps:

 

 

Brit and Nashe slayed this :flame:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemo
1 hour ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

Getting a Britney tattoo tomorrow 😍

Omg show us after you get it queen!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Addicted

So Miley is officially doing the premiere episode of Drag Race’s next season... I wonder if Knee’s episode got scrapped or it was never a thing at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lovemehateme
9 minutes ago, Addicted said:

So Miley is officially doing the premiere episode of Drag Race’s next season... I wonder if Knee’s episode got scrapped or it was never a thing at all. 

knowing our luck...it was probably the former :weeps:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites